Good iem's for $250
Aug 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bigbubbak9

New Head-Fier
Alright, let me start off with that the best iem's I have used are the bose ie2's. From reading other forums, those are pretty bad compared to other iem's, so i'm excited to get something. :D   Music I like is hip hop, Dubstep, rap. Stuff with lots of bass. I want something with lots of bass, but doesn't lack in the other categorys, I love my highs. I was planning on buying the monster turbine pro copper, but my friend recommended the ie60's. I will be using these iem's almost all day, 5 days a week, and he says the build quality on sennheisers are a lot better than monster. But it all comes down to sound. My main price limit is $250, I wouldn't mind spending about $300 if it was really worth it. Whats your thoughts and opinions? Thanks

Aug 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #2 of 9
Alright so I purchased the turbine pro coppers. Now I am reaaaallly disapointed with the bass, I thought there would be a lot more(or maybe i'm asking for to much, not sure). Everything else is very crystal clear, at least to my ear. I was looking for something that made your head rattle, yet had clear mid/highs. I have only been listening to these for a couple hours, so I won't make my mind up on returning them until the end of the week. I have used each and every eartips that comes with the coppers. I have discovered my ear canals are narrow but long? Not sure if that makes sense. The only eartips that fit me well are the segmented eartips large and the smallest performance eartips without the gel in them.

In conclusion these are my first iem's I have really bought. I'm not sure if i'm using the wrong eartips or what. Maybe these arn't for me and some other $100 iem's will suit me perfect. I would really appreciate feed back everyone. Thanks

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

I have read some of that, there's a lot and I don't enjoy reading tens of thousands of words. On a second note, I read that the coppers are a lot lighter on the bass. I don't hear very much bass at all when listening to music. :frowning2: Not sure if its just how there are, or if like my friend said they are counterfeits. I looked up how to check if they are counterfeits but they seem like they are real from the picture's. Not sure what to do.

Aug 22, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #5 of 9
Alright so I purchased the turbine pro coppers. Now I am reaaaallly disapointed with the bass, I thought there would be a lot more(or maybe i'm asking for to much, not sure). Everything else is very crystal clear, at least to my ear. I was looking for something that made your head rattle, yet had clear mid/highs. I have only been listening to these for a couple hours, so I won't make my mind up on returning them until the end of the week. I have used each and every eartips that comes with the coppers. I have discovered my ear canals are narrow but long? Not sure if that makes sense. The only eartips that fit me well are the segmented eartips large and the smallest performance eartips without the gel in them.

In conclusion these are my first iem's I have really bought. I'm not sure if i'm using the wrong eartips or what. Maybe these arn't for me and some other $100 iem's will suit me perfect. I would really appreciate feed back everyone. Thanks

Well, yes. Monster really give the impression with their advertising you're going to plug them into your player and instantly levitate to the moon from such explosive sub bass which isn't the case at all, Turbines also look the part in every way that they may accomplish that task. The truth is, they will not have head rattling bass, unless you amp them and EQ the bass up which then in turn bleeds into the mid range and you lose clarity and detail. What you need is a happy medium.

Look into something like Atrio M5 MG7 if you want a lot of bass with decent mids and highs.

Keep in mind though, there's a lot more to sound than bass, try adjusting to the signature. :wink:

Regards

Retired Basshead

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
Well, yes. Monster really give the impression with their advertising you're going to plug them into your player and instantly levitate to the moon from such explosive sub bass which isn't the case at all, Turbines also look the part in every way that they may accomplish that task. The truth is, they will not have head rattling bass, unless you amp them and EQ the bass up which then in turn bleeds into the mid range and you lose clarity and detail. What you need is a happy medium.
Look into something like Atrio M5 MG7 if you want a lot of bass with decent mids and highs.
Keep in mind though, there's a lot more to sound than bass, try adjusting to the signature.
wink.gif

Regards
Retired Basshead

Yeah, I'm just not used to these yet. Plus I had a horible seal my friend said. (My first time with iems like these) I got a better seal and I can hear the bass. I'm going to give them time to see if I want to return them or not. Thanks for explaining all of that for me, most help I have had yet :p Later today I will look into those other iems.

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #7 of 9
If you still want IE2 level bass but more deeper and reverbing then JVC FX700, Sennheiser IE80 are highly recommended and GR07 offeres great bass punch too with very detailed mids, highs and fairly wide soundstage.

Aug 22, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
If you still want IE2 level bass but more deeper and reverbing then JVC FX700, Sennheiser IE80 are highly recommended and GR07 offeres great bass punch too with very detailed mids, highs and fairly wide soundstage.

I was looking at the ie80's, a little out of my budget but they might do. What about the ie60's? I have been trying to look around for good reviews about them but haven't found much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back