Good headphones for jungle/drum & bass?
Dec 15, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #2 of 5
Beyer DT880s and Bass are things that should not belong in the same sentence, well, for me atleast. Although their mids/highs are fantastic for the money, the bass is definitely lacking for those who enjoy drum and bass (not sure what jungle is), however I must concede that I am a bit of a bass head. The Ultrasone Pro 550/650 or HFI series may be a better option as they tend to have more pumping bass and sharper highs.

Dec 15, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Beyer DT880s and Bass are things that should not belong in the same sentence, well, for me atleast. Although their mids/highs are fantastic for the money, the bass is definitely lacking for those who enjoy drum and bass (not sure what jungle is), however I must concede that I am a bit of a bass head. The Ultrasone Pro 550/650 or HFI series may be a better option as they tend to have more pumping bass and sharper highs.

The bass might be a-bit too heavy for some bass heavy D&B (like jungle), i search something with a bit less bass in general, like k702 / hd 600 /dt 880...

Dec 15, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #5 of 5
If you don't want a bass heavy headphone then the DT880s would be fine, if not, the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro has adjustable bass settings so if you find at some point you want more/less bass, you'll be covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back