Golf-Fi.... gather my golf buddies.
May 7, 2007 at 12:02 PM Post #46 of 56
Driver: King Cobra SS (350 I think)
Woods: Taylor Made Steel 5-wood and a knockoff 3-wood
Irons: Titleist DCI
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 54 deg.
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I play at http://www.cresscreek.com/, been playing a lot lately with the nice weather. Seems like the more I play the worse I get though
tongue.gif
I'd say I'm somewhere between a 12-15 handicap, shot in the 70's a couple times last year though.

May 7, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #47 of 56
it's now in the 90s in northern cali (near sacramento)...perfect time to get out on the course. ball flies long and rolls forever...hoping to get out for a round tomorrow.

just added a titleist 585.h 19* hybrid to my arsenal...useful on windy days when i don't want to use my 5W, which launches a bit too high. also tried the adams idea pro hybrid (the one that won the Golf Digest editor's choice) and it's a fantastic club as well...just hit the titleist a bit more consistently when i demoed them.

May 8, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #48 of 56
Current set of sticks:

Driver: Cleveland 460 w/Aldila NV shaft

3W & 5W: Mizuno MP-001 w/steel shafts

hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue Club

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 w/steel shafts

56 / 60 wedges: Cleveland 900

Putter: Odyssey 2 ball w/stripe for alignment

Love golf, but too much work to play much.

May 8, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #49 of 56
I'm trying to get my wife interested in playing golf. I think it would be nice for her to learn something that the two of us can do together for many years.

So, she already has a driver, shoes, couple shirts, balls, visor, hat, she just needs to get some irons and wedges and a bag. Anyone have suggestions on what to get her? I don't want to spend too much in case she ends up hating it. I might just upgrade mine and she can have my current setup of Wilson Fat Shaft Deep Red 2s.

May 9, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #50 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizelbs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying to get my wife interested in playing golf etc.

Sounds like she's already got the outfit.
biggrin.gif
If she's righthanded, I's siggest the light women's outfit at Costco. Plenty good clubs to learn with and decide if she'd like to play as much as dress up. And a set of at least three lessons with a good teaching pro.

May 9, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #51 of 56
Actually I was the one to buy her the clothes first. She still has a lot to learn about golf etiquette and if it were up to here she would wear jeans and a hoodie when she golfed. I can't have that.

When I gave her the collared golf shirt, the first thing she did after putting it on was pull out the stomach and see if it would fit her when she was pregnant.
frown.gif

May 9, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #52 of 56
Driver: Titleist 905T w/ Graphite Design YS-6

3W: Callaway Steelhead w/ Harrison Professional

Rescue: Titleist 904 19 degree w/ YS-6 FW+

Irons: Fourteen Golf TC-770 Forged w/ Nippon NS1050

52/58: Cleveland Miura Forged 588's

Putter: G-Field Premium Zone #0 Black

Jun 14, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #55 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any bets on this years U.S. Open...Tiger maybe?

Its always Tiger vs the Field really in any tournament he plays in.. Ill take Tiger every time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back