Golf-Fi.... gather my golf buddies.
Feb 26, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #16 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to golf a few times a week, but I stopped when all of my buddies moved away and got married and such.

Driver: 04' Adams RPM 8° Loft. w/ Adila NV 65 Shaft (tour stiff)
Woods: Custom one-off Callaway warbird 3 and 5 wood
Irons: I have 2 sets. Adams blade style 3-PW and some Taylor Made knock offs
Wedges: Cleveland 588 53° and 60° gunmetal color
Putter: Original Acushnet Bullseye putter, a newer Titleist Scotty Cameron Bullseye, and an older Ping standard blade putter.

Nice golf courses are a dime a dozen here in Phoenix. During the summer months we played some premier courses for $20. There's also nothing like getting comped at Troon North or TPC Scottsdale because your buddy knows a Pro. That also carried over to Torrey Pines where he got 2 foursomes comped. We looked like bafoons out there in our cargo shorts, tight polos, and sweat stained Wal-Mart golf hats. LoL.

hey Ingo...i'm moving to tempe/phoenix in june. will you be my friend?
wink.gif

Feb 26, 2007 at 9:47 AM Post #17 of 56
Nice thread
biggrin.gif
!

Driver: Titleist 975J
Woods: Callaway Steelhead 3 & 5
Irons: 3-PW Ben Hogan Apex
Wedges: Cleveland 588 56 & 60
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Mid-Slant

I have a question for Golf-Fi members; has anyone tried using a portable rig on the course? Or even just on the putting green? I'm mostly wondering if it's even feasible. I'll be honest, I've thought about it, but I can't even try it here until the snow melts.

Feb 26, 2007 at 10:03 AM Post #18 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by watch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice thread
biggrin.gif
!

I have a question for Golf-Fi members; has anyone tried using a portable rig on the course? Or even just on the putting green? I'm mostly wondering if it's even feasible. I'll be honest, I've thought about it, but I can't even try it here until the snow melts.

Yeah... Everytime I played by myself. It was especially nice when I was walking. There's a par-60 just up the road from my house that I play for $5 during the summer and I always took my Rio Karma + Shure E3cs. My latest portable setup (ZV:M+E4) has never made it out, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey Ingo...i'm moving to tempe/phoenix in june. will you be my friend?
wink.gif

Sure! But...

You'll have to pace yourself at first, because golf is pretty gruelling during the time period I can afford to go regularly. One time me and a buddy walked a 7500 yard course in July in one of the hottest parts of the valley. The air temp was literally ~130°F. That was not a fun day and somehow my score ended up around the same level as the temperature. Oh yeah, and we started at noon! Truly, that was the Ironman of golf. But hey, it was an excellent course, we only paid $15, and every green and fairway was nearly perfect!

Feb 26, 2007 at 10:44 AM Post #19 of 56
Quote:

Yeah... Everytime I played by myself. It was especially nice when I was walking. There's a par-60 just up the road from my house that I play for $5 during the summer and I always took my Rio Karma + Shure E3cs. My latest portable setup (ZV:M+E4) has never made it out, though.

Really? Interesting. I would have thought that the headphone cable would get in the way of your swing. Do you loop it through your shirt, or is it just not a problem?

Feb 26, 2007 at 10:55 AM Post #20 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by watch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? Interesting. I would have thought that the headphone cable would get in the way of your swing. Do you loop it through your shirt, or is it just not a problem?

Yeah, I wore them "on-stage style" with the cable running down my back between my under shirt and my over shirt.

Feb 26, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #21 of 56
I always listen to my portable gear while I am on equipment. Bulldozer, excavator, it makes no difference, I listen. After all, I would be wearing ear plugs anyway, so I may as well put in the UE Superfi 3's and let some funky music drive my creativity. I haven't taken the C&C box out on a jobsite yet, but that is because I haven't found the right belt case for things yet.

I don't listen while I am golfing, it's too social of an event for me. I don't ever play golf alone.

I just got back from a trip to Bandon, Anaheim and San Diego. It took me three rounds to find anything resembling a golf swing! Michigan winters are tough on golf swings.

Joe

Feb 26, 2007 at 12:29 PM Post #22 of 56
Driver: Cleveland VAS V-S 17-4 10 (with upgraded UST ProForce 65 shaft)
Irons: Cleveland VAS+ (with upgraded dynamic gold shafts)
Putter: No name brand - bought from a custom club shop
Ball: Titleist 4

Course: Las Positas (Livermore, CA) and Birch Hills (Brea, CA)

Feb 26, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #23 of 56
Course: Los Altos Golf & Country Club

Primary Clubs:

Driver- Cleveland 460 Comp.
Woods - Sonartec Hybrids
Irons- Mizuno MP-32s
Wedges- Cleveland CG10s
Putter - Ben Hogan Baby Ben
Ball - Titelist Pro V1

Feb 26, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #24 of 56
i tried hitting balls on the range wearing my er6i...but i couldn't do it...the audible part of golf is so important that i need that feedback...while i can certainly feel whether or not i've hit a solid shot, how a shot sounds is just as important. even while putting and chipping, i can't wear IEMs...

Feb 27, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #25 of 56
Quote:

i tried hitting balls on the range wearing my er6i...but i couldn't do it...the audible part of golf is so important that i need that feedback...while i can certainly feel whether or not i've hit a solid shot, how a shot sounds is just as important. even while putting and chipping, i can't wear IEMs...

Ah, I didn't mention that I took my left earpiece out when I would swing. But when I was walking there was plenty of time between shots.

Feb 27, 2007 at 7:11 AM Post #26 of 56
Quote:

Ah, I didn't mention that I took my left earpiece out when I would swing. But when I was walking there was plenty of time between shots.

that's better! i actually play a lot by myself and i should take along my shuffle with me and just take out the IEMs when i'm ready to swing...

hey ingo, have you played the ASU karsten course? looks nice. i'm going to try and play it on my visit next month...

Feb 27, 2007 at 7:47 AM Post #27 of 56
Quote:

that's better! i actually play a lot by myself and i should take along my shuffle with me and just take out the IEMs when i'm ready to swing...

hey ingo, have you played the ASU karsten course? looks nice. i'm going to try and play it on my visit next month...

That's actually one of the courses I haven't played. It's supposed to be great but it's just been too pricey for me. A lot of the nice courses that I've played we received special deals on, and Karsten is not one of them. They have an awesome golf training facility run by Ping. Some really great golfers have spent a lot of time at Karsten, inlcuding ASU alum Phil Mickelson.

Feb 27, 2007 at 8:52 AM Post #28 of 56
Quote:

That's actually one of the courses I haven't played. It's supposed to be great but it's just been too pricey for me. A lot of the nice courses that I've played we received special deals on, and Karsten is not one of them. They have an awesome golf training facility run by Ping. Some really great golfers have spent a lot of time at Karsten, inlcuding ASU alum Phil Mickelson.

yeah, it's pricey in the winter...i'm hoping my faculty rate will be a good deal. any other courses you recommend?

Feb 27, 2007 at 10:56 AM Post #29 of 56
Driver: Taylormade XT 580
Fairway Wood: Taylormade V Steel
Irons: Wilson Fat Shaft Deep Red (will be replaced sometime soon)
Wedge: Cleveland CG10
Putter: Odyssey FX somethingorother (probably going to try either a Scotty Cameron or Two ball in place of this.
Balls: Right now I have been using Bridgestone e6's

Feb 27, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #30 of 56
Golf addict here!

Driver- SMT 455DB w/ accuflex icon lite shaft R/Flex
Woods- 2.5 , 4.5 SMT Solataire
Hybrid- SMT Avocet 19*
Irons- Maltby M-05's Frigging AWESOME
Wedges- 56* SMT Durometer 59*(bent to 60) SMT Durometer
Putter- LogicalOne Blue Putter 33 Inch

I cannot reccomend SMT golf enough www.smtgolf.com unbelievable clubs. There CB2 irons almost nocked my Maltby M-05's out of the bag.

Also the LogicalOne putter might be a little expensive but I LOVE it. Have never putted better. I guess it really is logical.

Best clubfitter in the country www.slickstix.com AWESOME GUY!

And if you are looking for a head-fi style forum for golf clubs, there is no better place than www.4gea.com (Golf Equipment Afficianados) The swap shop there is AWESOME. My other board I practically live on. Some of the best sponsors and deals in the industry are on this board. Great great group of guys!

Respect
Mobay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back