Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 9, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #62,491 of 62,725
I’m amazed these Zx1’s are getting good battery life (reportedly), with 5 drivers. Are they significantly larger than say the Sennheiser 3/4’s or Sony XM5’s? Thx…
I have wondered this myself. They definitely look like larger sized TWS so I would image a larger battery. But potentially other efficiencies in there as well.

May 9, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #62,492 of 62,725
1000016973.jpg
20240509_145546.jpg
Just received my ZX1 PNK. Impression incoming.

May 9, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #62,495 of 62,725
The WF-1000XM5 arrived and after fiddling around with the foam tips (not terrible... just not great...) I switched to a pair of hybrid tips from one of their older models...

Did their quick set your EQ feature it end up with this EQ.
1000009142.jpg

Yup old man ears... LOL.

Much more comfy than the XM4 and actually almost as comfy as the Elite 10 with stock tips and as comfy with the older hybrid tips.

The sound signature is less dark then the XM4 and seems to have more detail.

One of my go to artist for testing is Patricia Barber and pretty much anything from her Smash album. Having a listen between the Elite 10 and the XM5 shows me my I haven't listened to much Jazz lately. The XM5 is just a richer enjoyable sound experience. It has better detail in the cymbal work and a much deeper noise floor.

Classic rock also sounds richer, but I am not sure I like it for progressive rock as much.

All of the features in the app is a bit over whelming. Not sure how many I will ultimately use. Can't get the buds to start up Amazon as a service which is annoying as hell. Like that I can now adjust the volume without sacrificing something else.

Overall I think Sony did a good job. But no way it's worth $429 CAD at full MSRP. At the price I paid $290CAD. I might keep them. Have to see how I feel in a few more days.

May 9, 2024 at 7:49 PM Post #62,496 of 62,725
Darn those look nice! I can see why some ZX1 people are doubling down. About the battery, the funny thing is I seem to need to charge the case much more often than other TWS. I do long sessions so they suck up a lot of juice. Case seems to last maybe 2.5 charges.
Oh boy I ordered zx-1 te when it was still available on indiegogo and i have been waiting since to see a shipment , they told me today it will be ship end of the May , if I knew this i would just order from aviot directly , if you don’t mind me asking how long did you wait for this ? They look better then the red one did anyone mentioned before how they differ from te -zx1 ?

May 9, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #62,497 of 62,725
1000016973.jpg20240509_145546.jpg
Just received my ZX1 PNK. Impression incoming.
Oh boy I ordered zx-1 te when it was still available on indiegogo and i have been waiting since to see a shipment , they told me today it will be ship end of the May , if I knew this i would just order from aviot directly , if you don’t mind me asking how long did you wait for this ? They look better then the red one did anyone mentioned before how they differ from te -zx1 ?
Sorry looks like I typed double

May 9, 2024 at 7:56 PM Post #62,498 of 62,725
Sorry looks like I typed double
I ordered from ebay on April 30. It took awhile for the seller to shipped the item since it was in the middle of Golden Week in Japan. It was shipped on May 4 and I received it here in the US today via Fedex.

May 9, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #62,499 of 62,725
Anyone know how to make double tap for XM5 skip to next sing and play the song? Right now it skips and pauses, I then have to tap again for it to play the song...

2 glitches so far, gettings a bit annoyed...

May 9, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #62,500 of 62,725
Darn those look nice! I can see why some ZX1 people are doubling down. About the battery, the funny thing is I seem to need to charge the case much more often than other TWS. I do long sessions so they suck up a lot of juice. Case seems to last maybe 2.5 charges.
Yeah they sure do look purty in that photo

May 10, 2024 at 12:55 AM Post #62,503 of 62,725
OK resolved the skip head issue on the XM5. So one issue resolved. Still can't get the double left tab to open Amazon music.

New issue though, I enabled Chat to speak and it cuts in when I talk but a second or so later cuts back out even if I am am still talking. So is super annoying. It's worked correctly maybe 3 times but the rest if the time just cuts in an out even if I set to be 30 seconds or adjust the sensitivity.

Not sure if I have a bad pair or if the software is just flaky crap.

Enjoying the sound of the TWS but the malfunctioning features are really annoying.

May 10, 2024 at 1:27 AM Post #62,505 of 62,725
Nope, we know they have a new model... :) . Just waiting to see who tries them first... LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back