Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 14, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #61,846 of 62,387
Because of your inquiries, I decided to try it with the IE600. No issues on the Pixel Fold using the Android 15 beta. I have the IE600 on the iFi Go Pods and am using the Elysian Annihilator preset. Whoa. Still listening to Dream Theater - Images and Words and it's bringing chills and tears of joy.

I am not sure why more haven't tried the Ifi Go Blu, I guess you like these things behind your ears. I swear by mine. I don't use it a lot, but if I want to access my DAP and FLAC files it is perfect as well. Provides a stable LDAC connection for Android folks. Especially if you don't take calls, although the mics on the Go Blu are good.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #61,847 of 62,387
Are you still liking the ZX1s?
I've been using my Aviot TE-ZX1 for couple of weeks now. At first I didn't like them, but this was mostly due to their size. I'm slowly getting used to them and as long as I don't move them too much when they're in my ears using them is almost painless. Their sound quality is superb with a bit of EQ in the treble (I also boost the bass a bit) and I haven't had the urge to use my B&W PX8. The ANC also stopped hurting me and it actually works pretty well, better than the PX8. I've encountered some bugs such as them not turning off when placed in the charging case, but pressing the button on the case resets them and they work again. They're also VERY slippery and I sometimes have problems removing them from the case and actually holding them.

Overall I'm very happy with them and their sound quality more than makes up for the downsides. Aviot really needs to get more recognition outside of Japan.
The Avoit TE-ZX1 have replaced everything else for my daily use. I use the lower profile tips so that I get a flush fit against my inner ear, and the noise canceling is the best I've used for both the office and city biking. I'll be using them on a plane later this week. One knock against them is video sync is poor unless you put them on gaming mode, then it works fine for the phone but not for external devices. I was hoping I could use my transmitter to watch movies. I'll do some tests before I go but I may need to bring the B&W px8.

As far as sound goes, I also think over ears like the px8 are a more apt comparison to the ZX1 sound than other TWS. I especially enjoy drums and no other TWS I've tried can manage the range of a full kit, sound and thump. On some simpler tracks they stand out less but they generally handle all types of music well.

In short, I'd say Aviot over-delivered considerably at its price point, with sound, ANC and battery life all excellent. With five drivers I see these as one of the last of the dinosaurs before full-range MEMs take over. If I lost my pair in the meantime I would immediately buy another.

Apr 14, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #61,848 of 62,387
The Avoit TE-ZX1 have replaced everything else for my daily use. I use the lower profile tips so that I get a flush fit against my inner ear, and the noise canceling is the best I've used for both the office and city biking. I'll be using them on a plane later this week. One knock against them is video sync is poor unless you put them on gaming mode, then it works fine for the phone but not for external devices. I was hoping I could use my transmitter to watch movies. I'll do some tests before I go but I may need to bring the B&W px8.

As far as sound goes, I also think over ears like the px8 are a more apt comparison to the ZX1 sound than other TWS. I especially enjoy drums and no other TWS I've tried can manage the range of a full kit, sound and thump. On some simpler tracks they stand out less but they generally handle all types of music well.

In short, I'd say Aviot over-delivered considerably at its price point, with sound, ANC and battery life all excellent. With five drivers I see these as one of the last of the dinosaurs before full-range MEMs take over. * If I lost my pair in the meantime I would immediately buy another.
I've been using my Aviot TE-ZX1 for couple of weeks now. At first I didn't like them, but this was mostly due to their size. I'm slowly getting used to them and as long as I don't move them too much when they're in my ears using them is almost painless. Their sound quality is superb with a bit of EQ in the treble (I also boost the bass a bit) and I haven't had the urge to use my B&W PX8. The ANC also stopped hurting me and it actually works pretty well, better than the PX8. I've encountered some bugs such as them not turning off when placed in the charging case, but pressing the button on the case resets them and they work again. They're also VERY slippery and I sometimes have problems removing them from the case and actually holding them.

** Overall I'm very happy with them and their sound quality more than makes up for the downsides. Aviot really needs to get more recognition outside of Japan.
* ** That says it all !!! Thanks for the comments both neg and pos.
Can’t wait to open.

Attachments

• IMG_5642.jpg
    IMG_5642.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #61,849 of 62,387
I was there at the Noble table, I'm not aware of any Triumphs being offered for sale. They were on display, along with the price, but that doesn't mean they were "available for purchase"

They they were "available" for a trial session.

If someone expressed interest to buy them, they were told to speak to the distributor (Jaben Singapore.)

I'm not aware if Jaben has any stock, as again, as I have stated before earlier... I don't handle such matters.

"Order fulfillment / shipping" is not something I engage in.

I don't generally engage in order placements with our distributors or direct customers either.

(That said, I did get to meet the folks at Bloom Audio while in Singapore.)
My apologies then. I thought they were available for sale. Appreciate the response.

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #61,851 of 62,387
Can’t wait to open.
3 minutes with the AVIOT TE~ZX1 connected to an iPhone listening to The Who's "Sister Disco". We've all said it...I'm hearing things I never did before. I play along with the record too! Strumming/drum kicks/vocals/soundstage...MORE of all. No EQ, no app, straight from the box. The ANC; I held the vacuum up close and 95% block. MTW4 = back up.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #61,853 of 62,387

In short, I'd say Aviot over-delivered considerably at its price point, with sound, ANC and battery life all excellent. With five drivers I see these as one of the last of the dinosaurs before full-range MEMs take over. If I lost my pair in the meantime I would immediately buy another.
You think xmems will be better ? Also what is the best place and price to get one

Apr 15, 2024 at 12:31 AM Post #61,860 of 62,387
I ordered one now 🙂 what are the most comfortable tips that I can use with them ?
I switched the ones it came on with I believe size L, for a different style in the pack, medium. 3 styles came, 1 of which are good old comply foams.

In settings, I was able to switch the spoken commands to English.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back