Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 15, 2024 at 1:05 AM Post #61,861 of 62,311
The Aviots are definitely the best sounding earbuds I've heard, but unfortunately for me I think my right earbud has a loose driver or something like that, because I can hear something rattling when I walk which is quite unnerving. Of course I only hear it during quieter parts in songs, but it's still annoying enough to to make it so I almost only want to use them when I'm stationary.

That's two sets of earbuds from Aviot that I've had that has been a bit... Not great from a build/QC standpoint.
They definitely know sound, but building their earbuds, well... Not as good, at least.

Apr 15, 2024 at 3:07 AM Post #61,862 of 62,311
They definitely know sound, but building their earbuds, well... Not as good, at least.
Thanks for sharing, I was about to order them, but your message got me thinking: I don't need another expensive experiment. I go through this regularly: I tell myself I don't need more sound quality for my daily commute, then something new appears, teaching reviews and all and before I know it, the new product is in my shopping cart. With big brands widely available in Europe it's usually not a problem, I can return them if I don't like them, but these boutique/crowdfunded sets can quickly add up as expensive mistakes (or rather eccentricities).
Take Soundpeats Opera, for example, they're ok-ish, except I don't like the sound at all, so I never use them.
I guess I'll wait for something else :)

Apr 15, 2024 at 3:13 AM Post #61,863 of 62,311
I've been using my Aviot TE-ZX1 for couple of weeks now. At first I didn't like them, but this was mostly due to their size. I'm slowly getting used to them and as long as I don't move them too much when they're in my ears using them is almost painless. Their sound quality is superb with a bit of EQ in the treble (I also boost the bass a bit) and I haven't had the urge to use my B&W PX8. The ANC also stopped hurting me and it actually works pretty well, better than the PX8. I've encountered some bugs such as them not turning off when placed in the charging case, but pressing the button on the case resets them and they work again. They're also VERY slippery and I sometimes have problems removing them from the case and actually holding them.

Overall I'm very happy with them and their sound quality more than makes up for the downsides. Aviot really needs to get more recognition outside of Japan.
Great ad copy!

IMG_8505.JPG

Apr 15, 2024 at 4:41 AM Post #61,864 of 62,311
The Avoit TE-ZX1 have replaced everything else for my daily use. I use the lower profile tips so that I get a flush fit against my inner ear,
Thanks for reminding me of this, I had tried that initially, but since the shallow ones only come in S and M it seems, I thought they won't stay in my ears ... turns out it was the jungle of ear hairs that pushed them out ... now, after taking a weed wacker and a torch to my ears, the ZX1 fit snuggly with the lower profile M size tips and unlike with the spinfits I had tried and liked earlier, they do not wobble around when I move.

I keep having some mixed results with 'multipoint' .. sure enough I am trying to use LDAC while being connected to 2 devices and of course that jiggles the connection .. other earbuds won't even let you do that, you have to choose LDAC or multipoint ... so, the only way I can enjoy LDAC from my DAP is to actively disconnect the ZX1 from my phone.

Apr 15, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #61,865 of 62,311
The Aviots are definitely the best sounding earbuds I've heard, but unfortunately for me I think my right earbud has a loose driver or something like that, because I can hear something rattling when I walk which is quite unnerving. Of course I only hear it during quieter parts in songs, but it's still annoying enough to to make it so I almost only want to use them when I'm stationary.

That's two sets of earbuds from Aviot that I've had that has been a bit... Not great from a build/QC standpoint.
Is it problematic to return or get them fixed ?? From eBay at least you can purchase Allstate warranty 2 years but I already ordered from indigogo !

Apr 15, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #61,866 of 62,311

Are you sure what you're hearing is not a connectivity problem that may be fixable with a reset?

Apr 15, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #61,868 of 62,311
Listening to the TE~ZX1 is like being present in a concert hall. They are the best-sounding IEM I've ever listened to.
I now know what a bass monster means, I might have to back it down but OMG it is addictive to listen to.

I've owned an Audeze LCD~3, used a balanced connection, with a FOTM's DAC and AMP.....laying back in a Lazyboy listening to DSD tunes, (it's been 2 years or so since I sold them)...... IMHO the TE-ZX1 sounds on par to me. B.T., iPhone, and AAC...tech has come a long way. Tom Sawyer....how many more times...oops wrong song...how many times have I listened to it; live, live recorded, high rez, reissued, being high, etc....it sounds the best right now!

What can the ZX1 sound like with a good DAP or Android phone with updated codecs? The next hunt.

Apr 15, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #61,869 of 62,311
Listening to the TE~ZX1 is like being present in a concert hall. They are the best-sounding IEM I've ever listened to.
I now know what a bass monster means, I might have to back it down but OMG it is addictive to listen to.

I've owned an Audeze LCD~3, used a balanced connection, with a FOTM's DAC and AMP.....laying back in a Lazyboy listening to DSD tunes, (it's been 2 years or so since I sold them)...... IMHO the TE-ZX1 sounds on par to me. B.T., iPhone, and AAC...tech has come a long way. Tom Sawyer....how many more times...oops wrong song...how many times have I listened to it; live, live recorded, high rez, reissued, being high, etc....it sounds the best right now!

What can the ZX1 sound like with a good DAP or Android phone with updated codecs? The next hunt.
Sounds exciting can’t wait to try 🙂 and if they able to help with warranty all that if any problems amazing hopefully 🤞 nothing will be lol

Apr 15, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #61,870 of 62,311
Sounds exciting can’t wait to try 🙂 and if they able to help with warranty all that if any problems amazing hopefully 🤞 nothing will be lol
I had a weird situation where the buds created separate BT connections, right and left. It turns out to fix it I needed to make sure they were disconnected from all devices and then do a reset. I figured that out myself but somebody did get back to me in a few days with the same info.

Apr 15, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #61,871 of 62,311
I had a weird situation where the buds created separate BT connections, right and left. It turns out to fix it I needed to make sure they were disconnected from all devices and then do a reset. I figured that out myself but somebody did get back to me in a few days with the same info.
Are these now available in the US?

Apr 15, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #61,873 of 62,311

My wife took the dog for a walk. I ran and got the ZX1...rocking out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back