Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 13, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #61,831 of 62,440
I splurged on the ifi go pods and I must say, they are sadly probably worth the money. I'll be returning the Shure. The Shure are underpowered IMHO. Not in an absolute volume sense but the Go Pods just do a better job replicating a wired experience. I am using the Hype 2 but @erockg has me convinced I need the Hype 4. I've used them on both my iPhone and my pixel over LDAC. The LDAC is better but the AAC is no slouch and both are more than acceptable. I don't take calls or anything with my IEMs in so I don't care a lot about voice calls or transparency mode. I do like the built in EQ on the Shure. So now I'm firmly entrenched in the rabbit hole. What's next? Hype 4? Blessing Dusk? As for comparison versus TWS, I do think for pure SQ, this setup is really no match for an integrated TWS with the Noble being the exception. They can hang. Everything else really can't
If you are an Android user I would recommend Wavelet for EQ. The database is enormous, and you can create your own EQ and import it, or just EQ on the fly. I've not used the Shure app so I don't know how it stacks up against Wavelet.

Apr 13, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #61,832 of 62,440
If you are an Android user I would recommend Wavelet for EQ. The database is enormous, and you can create your own EQ and import it, or just EQ on the fly. I've not used the Shure app so I don't know how it stacks up against Wavelet.
Wavelet has introduced distortion for me. Am I doing something wrong?

Apr 13, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #61,833 of 62,440
Wavelet has introduced distortion for me. Am I doing something wrong?
Because of your inquiries, I decided to try it with the IE600. No issues on the Pixel Fold using the Android 15 beta. I have the IE600 on the iFi Go Pods and am using the Elysian Annihilator preset. Whoa. Still listening to Dream Theater - Images and Words and it's bringing chills and tears of joy.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 7:31 PM Post #61,834 of 62,440
Because of your inquiries, I decided to try it with the IE600. No issues on the Pixel Fold using the Android 15 beta. I have the IE600 on the iFi Go Pods and am using the Elysian Annihilator preset. Whoa. Still listening to Dream Theater - Images and Words and it's bringing chills and tears of joy.

Is the pixel fold your daily driver? If so, very brave to go straight to the 15 beta, you have cajones.

I'm staying on the 14 beta until QPR3 and going public release again.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 9:49 PM Post #61,836 of 62,440
Is the pixel fold your daily driver? If so, very brave to go straight to the 15 beta, you have cajones.

Rocking Pixel Fold as well, but not doing any Beta

IMG_7531.jpeg

Apr 13, 2024 at 11:24 PM Post #61,837 of 62,440

Rocking Pixel Fold as well, but not doing any Beta

IMG_7531.jpeg
Not my daily driver! No issues yet with 15.

Apr 13, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #61,838 of 62,440
They'll take a week or more and then just tell you to send them in via opening a service repair ticket
Don't think I want to buy another Sennheiser tws ever again. It lasted less than 8 months. I think I will sell the new replacement once I go through the process. Time to move onto something else.

...and the tws search begins anew lol. Anyone know of great tws released in the past year that are great for inside $300 usd? I want something reliable, comfortable, and have great sound quality (mic quality too). I don't really care about ANC or very long battery life. I do want a tws with an app though.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 12:03 AM Post #61,839 of 62,440
Don't think I want to buy another Sennheiser tws ever again. It lasted less than 8 months. I think I will sell the new replacement once I go through the process. Time to move onto something else.

...and the tws search begins anew lol. Anyone know of great tws released in the past year that are great for inside $300 usd? I want something reliable, comfortable, and have great sound quality (mic quality too). I don't really care about ANC or very long battery life. I do want a tws with an app though.
Seems like the Beoplay EX age pretty well and their price drop in some places.
Disclaimer: I don’t own them myself.

Apr 14, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #61,840 of 62,440
Seems like the Beoplay EX age pretty well and their price drop in some places.
Disclaimer: I don’t own them myself.
I still have mine and paid less than 200 via Amazon Warehouse. They're the only pair in my collection that seem to stay (besides a pair of APP2)

Apr 14, 2024 at 12:33 AM Post #61,841 of 62,440
I bike rode into work with the Aviot ZX1s today and can confirm they have auto-wind-mode ANC. It's just like Jabra Elite 10: you. switch to ANC, the wind kicks in like an angry ghost, then in a second or two tames down to a gentle whoosh. I thought this was Jabra secret sauce. Maybe it's licensed? I know there are a slew of TWS with adaptive ANC, something the Aurvana Ace 2 advertises but then literally sucks wind. I know Qualcomm specifies adaptive ANC on chipsets but Jabra does not use Qualcomm so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ?

The Avioits for me have superior ANC to the Jabra Elite 10. But the difference is probably fit-related since the ear-gonomic molding of the Aviots wraps my inferior crus well (and if you don't know what an inferior crus is, what are you doing on this forum :) ). By other accounts and pictures here that might be hit or miss.
Are you still liking the ZX1s?

Apr 14, 2024 at 4:11 AM Post #61,842 of 62,440
I've been using my Aviot TE-ZX1 for couple of weeks now. At first I didn't like them, but this was mostly due to their size. I'm slowly getting used to them and as long as I don't move them too much when they're in my ears using them is almost painless. Their sound quality is superb with a bit of EQ in the treble (I also boost the bass a bit) and I haven't had the urge to use my B&W PX8. The ANC also stopped hurting me and it actually works pretty well, better than the PX8. I've encountered some bugs such as them not turning off when placed in the charging case, but pressing the button on the case resets them and they work again. They're also VERY slippery and I sometimes have problems removing them from the case and actually holding them.

Overall I'm very happy with them and their sound quality more than makes up for the downsides. Aviot really needs to get more recognition outside of Japan.

Apr 14, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #61,845 of 62,440
"Apparently the triumph is available for sale right now at canjam ..."

I was there at the Noble table, I'm not aware of any Triumphs being offered for sale. They were on display, along with the price, but that doesn't mean they were "available for purchase"

They they were "available" for a trial session.

If someone expressed interest to buy them, they were told to speak to the distributor (Jaben Singapore.)

I'm not aware if Jaben has any stock, as again, as I have stated before earlier... I don't handle such matters.

"Order fulfillment / shipping" is not something I engage in.

I don't generally engage in order placements with our distributors or direct customers either.

(That said, I did get to meet the folks at Bloom Audio while in Singapore.)

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back