Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 11, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #61,786 of 62,324
After a few days, it's confirmed I prefer the Sport over the MTW4. Love the fit. Sound is great. Nice sub-bass. One thing I'm disappointed in is the ability to pause music and have transparency come on. Too many steps/taps to do it with the Sport. It's doable, but the MTW4 does this better. Used the Sport on calls and zooms with zero issues and no one has said I sounded bad. ANC does a good job in the house for fans, hums etc. Another negative is depending on the tips you use, there is sound bleed. A coworker asked me if I was trying to go deaf. I mean, yes, but you know. I like to rock.
I'm surprised they wouldn't have identical control customizability. That is strange.

Apr 11, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #61,787 of 62,324

Attachments

• IMG_8982.jpeg
    IMG_8982.jpeg
    264.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8983.jpeg
    IMG_8983.jpeg
    468.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8984.jpeg
    IMG_8984.jpeg
    333.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8985.jpeg
    IMG_8985.jpeg
    456.7 KB · Views: 0
Apr 11, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #61,788 of 62,324
No specs and the use of Beats by Dre like it is a good reference is a turnoff. Plus they remind me of big. Big like the Kenwood TWS big. One spec does say 10 meter range so it is not the 15m of recent BT versions. Sounds like it is all about their spatial audio. So a guy(or girl) has to think if they want to put their money on that being what they claim it to be. If you want to put that kind of money on that or the Noble. I'm willing to bet 99% here would go with the Triumph.

X2. Moreover, unprotected contact pins when earbuds are not attached to the charging case. No, thanks.

nomad-sanwear-bluetooth-in-ear-monitor-earbuds-side-case-earbudsOut-inTheBox.webp

Apr 11, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #61,789 of 62,324
X2. Moreover, unprotected contact pins when earbuds are not attached to the charging case. No, thanks.

nomad-sanwear-bluetooth-in-ear-monitor-earbuds-side-case-earbudsOut-inTheBox.webp
Rated IPX0 :)

I still have the Kenwood...

IMG_2698.JPG

The Glidic I just got are on the slightly large but not huge size while the Kenwood and those Sansound are aircraft carrier size. Glidic, btw, are just a much better TWS than the Kenwood.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 3:57 PM Post #61,792 of 62,324
This is all I see in the app 😢
When you have transparency mode on, you can go into the settings for it, you can't go into the settings for it if transparency mode is off.

Screenshot_20240411-155443 (Small).png

then you'll see the option

Screenshot_20240411-155451 (Small).png

Apr 11, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #61,793 of 62,324
When you have transparency mode on, you can go into the settings for it, you can't go into the settings for it if transparency mode is off.

Screenshot_20240411-155443 (Small).png

then you'll see the option

Screenshot_20240411-155451 (Small).png
Correct. I have that on. I was saying that there are more steps to activate transparency pause on the sport. This is because they added anti-wind in the process. You have to toggle through anti-wind, transparency, anc to get where you want to go. It's annoying. If it ain't broke...

Apr 11, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #61,794 of 62,324
Correct. I have that on. I was saying that there are more steps to activate transparency pause on the sport. This is because they added anti-wind in the process. You have to toggle through anti-wind, transparency, anc to get where you want to go. It's annoying. If it ain't broke...

Cool that they added anti-wind to the controls but weird you have to cycle for all three.

on the mtw4 under customizable controls, you can set just transparency mode by itself to a control setting, and noise cancelling to a different one, as seen here, so strange they didn't carry that over. Send over some emails to them!

Screenshot_20240411-162628 (Small).png

Apr 11, 2024 at 5:48 PM Post #61,795 of 62,324
I m trying last two days Jabra elite 10 , great spatial performance specially for watching media , lightweight almost very comfortable best ANC out of all from this list ( I have very tricky ears ) but two things to complain matte finish sucks all the particles gets dirty fast and sound wise I m trying all included eq but it’s weak not like the others I used/ tried ( denon perl pro - best sound -worst fit - b and o ex best open sound and detail / az80 best overall but not the best comfort levels and tips hard to clean / m100 for the price amazing sound even flat eq comfortable but design not for everyone they looked huge on my ears best battery / elite 10 light most comfortable so far great Battery for media best even better then AirPods I watched game today with spatial sound on wow / but least but not last sound wise very bla something missing no details like others waiting for triumph and hearing here about aviot zx-1 might try ….. it’s just so sad they make one thing good but something bad I wish comfort like jabra sound like Denon perl
Didn’t spend much time with mtw4
Not so comfortable have to try all tips okay sound - sound customization a lot work not like automatic denon perl pro but overall it’s good device nice technology

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #61,796 of 62,324
The same and it is annoying.

Apr 11, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #61,797 of 62,324
I really like the Golden Ears, my ears have serious deficits at my age...

The 3D feature works but increases the volume alot. Once I lowered the volume I could still here a but of 3D functionality but it was less exciting than what it wanted to think I hearing...

Current EQ, but also like flat.
1000000752.jpg

ANC sounded the best but is not very strong (less than the 10 Elite which is not super strong by design). Good news is the ANC is not bothered alot by wind outside and if you dial it down to medium almost nill, so great for walks and jogging in safe spaces.

Tips are just a bit to small on right ear using large. But no worse than several IEMs I own. But might see if I find a slightly larger oval shaped tip.

Like the sound of these more than any Soundcore I have owned.

Wish I could get LHDC to work on my Lenovo Tab 11 Pro GEN2 tablet, know Samsung Fold 4 will never support it... would love to see how they sound with that Codec...
what are "the golden ears" app? tws model?

Apr 11, 2024 at 7:25 PM Post #61,798 of 62,324
I'm starting a Go Fund Me for therapy:
Someone here (you know who you are) said the Falcon Max crush the Aurana Ace 2 and yes, they do! If this is a sign of what is to come with the Triumph, then a lot of folks here are going to be really happy. I can't see them being too much different as far as driver setup, but I truly hope I'm wrong. I'm in love with the NFMs. Put some Moondrop spring tips on them and they fit better than the Fokus ever did in my holes. The below songs sound incredible. I can feel the sub-bass in my throat. Maybe that's a bad thing.

Apr 11, 2024 at 8:47 PM Post #61,800 of 62,324
At this point in time, is there any TWS that beats the Noble Mystique purely on sound quality? I'm not counting the newest Noble TWS offering.
The Falcon Max are up there. Different breed. Quite impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back