Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 3, 2024 at 2:02 AM Post #61,516 of 62,324
Interested in the noble fokus triumph too but is it correct that they don't have ANC?
No ANC but passive isolation is great with the FoKus tws imo.

Apr 3, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #61,517 of 62,324
I was going to get my Aviot ZX1's yesterday, but UPS decided to not even try to deliver it because I hadn't paid the customs fee/VAT-thingie yet - which I hadn't because I got an email saying that you could pay for that when signing for the package with the delivery guy.

Apparently you had to call them up before the delivery and tell them that you wanted to pay directly with the courier.
So I just got a "couldn't deliver" note on the UPS website after sitting at home waiting all day, pretty much.

Their website sucks so much, too.

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:41 AM Post #61,518 of 62,324
I was going to get my Aviot ZX1's yesterday, but UPS decided to not even try to deliver it because I hadn't paid the customs fee/VAT-thingie yet - which I hadn't because I got an email saying that you could pay for that when signing for the package with the delivery guy.

Apparently you had to call them up before the delivery and tell them that you wanted to pay directly with the courier.
So I just got a "couldn't deliver" note on the UPS website after sitting at home waiting all day, pretty much.

Their website sucks so much, too.
UPS is the worst western package delivery service imo.

Apr 3, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #61,520 of 62,324
Did you receive a delay notice? I did without a delivery date. The reason: the war in Ukraine disrupting services. It is in Alaska at the moment.
I am in Greece and it arrived quickly, it went Japan -> China - > United Arab Emirates -> Germany -> Greece in two days.
I can't see how the war in Ukraine could disrupt services in Alaska but not Germany or Greece.

Unfortunately it was caught by a rather scammy importing partner asking just as much for customs as the headphone's price though.

Must be different in Finland. I dealt with customs today (requested all the information required by customs from UPS) and my Cowboy bebop Aviots are on their way.
Could you tell me how much you had to pay for customs?
UPS is asking around 80% of the price for me, it seems a bit absurd.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 4:46 AM Post #61,521 of 62,324
Aviot te-zx1 bebop version landed for me yesterday. Treble/cymbals are a little bit harsh, but that's been my experience with a lot of planar earphones. Otherwise bass response is fantastic and textured, even through Spotify. Probably my sole complaint is the size. These things are gigantic and not at all subtle. I don't mind the latter, but I have small ears, and find without the foam tips, they tend to dislodge and fall out fairly easily. These are my first wireless iems in a while, so no idea if standard tips will fit on them (will have to experiment some more). Heavy image dump below for those interested in in-hand images:
20240402_134750.jpg20240402_134757.jpg20240402_134814.jpg20240402_134845.jpg20240402_134939.jpg20240402_134943.jpg20240402_135054.jpg20240402_135128.jpg20240402_135144.jpg20240402_135219.jpg

Aviot supplies an instruction manual here that's a lot more helpful than the included Japanese one:
https://aviot.jp/wp-content/themes/aviot/manual/te-zx1/ja/

I found I had to download the dedicated aviot app from play store to even try the anc on these (there's a way to trigger it on the earphones physically but touch controls at this scale are finnicky). You also need the app in order to switch the voice guidance (Spike is the default; I set mine to Party and doubt I'll ever change it). I'd be reluctant to swap voices constantly; it takes about 10 minutes and from what I can tell involves physically flashing the firmware, which is to say there's room for risk if you do it when the battery is low.

Does anyone offhand know if there's any significant difference with the te-zx1 pnk? I like the red color scheme/bebop voices a lot, but I'm familiar with most of the artists that collaborated on the pnk version, so I'm curious if it might be worth picking up another set of these down the road.

Apr 3, 2024 at 5:17 AM Post #61,522 of 62,324
Aviot te-zx1 bebop version landed for me yesterday. Treble/cymbals are a little bit harsh, but that's been my experience with a lot of planar earphones. Otherwise bass response is fantastic and textured, even through Spotify. Probably my sole complaint is the size. These things are gigantic and not at all subtle. I don't mind the latter, but I have small ears, and find without the foam tips, they tend to dislodge and fall out fairly easily. These are my first wireless iems in a while, so no idea if standard tips will fit on them (will have to experiment some more). Heavy image dump below for those interested in in-hand images:

Aviot supplies an instruction manual here that's a lot more helpful than the included Japanese one:
https://aviot.jp/wp-content/themes/aviot/manual/te-zx1/ja/

I found I had to download the dedicated aviot app from play store to even try the anc on these (there's a way to trigger it on the earphones physically but touch controls at this scale are finnicky). You also need the app in order to switch the voice guidance (Spike is the default; I set mine to Party and doubt I'll ever change it). I'd be reluctant to swap voices constantly; it takes about 10 minutes and from what I can tell involves physically flashing the firmware, which is to say there's room for risk if you do it when the battery is low.

Does anyone offhand know if there's any significant difference with the te-zx1 pnk? I like the red color scheme/bebop voices a lot, but I'm familiar with most of the artists that collaborated on the pnk version, so I'm curious if it might be worth picking up another set of these down the road.
Hello, and thanks for the info and great photos. Mine are waiting for me while I'm away. After reading the comments so far I'm getting excited to hear them.

I have Noble Encores the child of the K-10s. If you compare the K-10 with the Zx1 please share.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 5:23 AM Post #61,523 of 62,324
Hello, and thanks for the info and great photos. Mine are waiting for me while I'm away. After reading the comments so far I'm getting excited to hear them.

I have Noble Encores the child of the K-10s. If you compare with the Zx1s please share.
There's really no suitable comparison. They're entirely different in terms of driver composition, tuning profile, not to mention that one is source-dependent and the other is wireless. I'm not understanding how a comparison could be helpful. Neither product really has much to do with the other.

Apr 3, 2024 at 5:25 AM Post #61,524 of 62,324
There's really no suitable comparison. They're entirely different in terms of driver composition, tuning profile, not to mention that one is source-dependent and the other is wireless. I'm not understanding how a comparison could be helpful. Neither product really has much to do with the other.
Sorry, I should have specifically mentioned sound, which is what I was thinking. which is the only thing to compare.
Also, how they fit would be another area where they could be compared.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 8:52 AM Post #61,525 of 62,324
Sorry, I should have specifically mentioned sound, which is what I was thinking. which is the only thing to compare.
Also, how they fit would be another area where they could be compared.
The aviots are Bluetooth. Sound processing is done on board, which means, assuming you're using the same source  files (ie, the same flac file and the same software to play them), they're going to sound the same regardless of whether they're hooked up to a smartphone or a multi-thousand dollar desktop rig. The nobles, being wired iems, are going to have a lot more variables in the chain (cabling, and more importantly player source). You'd be better off comparing the fokus to these than the k10e.

All that said, out of a sony nw-wm1am2: the aviots are bassier, but I don't need to tell you that. There's a lot more bass impact from the dynamic drivers, but it's surprisingly well-defined given the planar inclusion. I find cymbals a little  too crisp. Treble in general isn't sibilant, and I'm no graph guy, but there are spikes there I can hear. Tips might help with them, but they're there, and how much that bothers you is going to be subjective.

I like them a lot, but my biggest complaint is size. They've taken a page from Empire Ears playbook here: the te-zx1 are frigging massive. If you don't believe me, have a look for yourself. I think visually they're great, and the cherry metallic red is beautiful in-person, but svelte these are not:
20240403_085157.jpg20240403_085200.jpg

Apr 3, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #61,526 of 62,324
Well, after further listening I have decided to return my Cambridge Audio M100s. Why? I have to agree with the sentiment of a few people here that "something is missing". And for me that something is a warmth. Something in the middle. The bass is there and I like what it does. The treble is certainly there, to a fault. I found that some songs were teetering on sibilance, which drives me absolutely mad. It's when the highs are scratching at the ceiling ever so slightly.

All in all I did like the sound of the M100s. They also fit my ears very well. I think they're well built too. There was just something slightly off about them with certain recordings that my other TWS do not experience. These 'things' could be fixed with a firmware update and I hope they are. I just have other fish to fry at this point.

Onward!

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #61,527 of 62,324
Rainy and windy in NYC today. To my pleasant surprise. The Aviot ZX1 handled the wind very well, and I mean very well, at least as good as the Jabra Elite 10 if not better. No wind mode per se, but ANC was on full. ANC on the train was again at least the equal of the Jabras, probably better given their massive passive NC profile. Only downside is the footfall occlusion effect is noticable, but not terrible.

Apr 3, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #61,528 of 62,324
Hello, everyone!

I am new here, but I have followed this thread for quite a while!

To throw my thoughts into the ring on the Aviot TE-ZX1, these are my absolute favorite-sounding TWS to date.

Granted, I am still relatively new to the audiophile space and don't have quite the budget to get the products I really want, but the ZX1s have elevated all my favorite music.

One song in particular, Hope - Live by Kinga Glyk, came alive in a way I've only heard in my Meze 109 Pro. As Kinga Glyk is an exceptional bass player, I elevated the bass in a custom EQ by three notches.

In the Bypass (neutral) setting, listening to The Promise by When in Rome showcased subtle nuances I had not noticed in listening to it many times over many years. The same thing happened with Passionflower by Jon Gomm and Shofukan by Snarky Puppy. It was just music coming alive.

Thank you all for helping me find these. I have been looking for good TWS for over a year and a half, and Cowboy Bebop happens to be my favorite anime. And thank you for being passionate about music and sounds overall. It's nice to know I'm not alone!

Apr 3, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #61,530 of 62,324
Hello, everyone!

I am new here, but I have followed this thread for quite a while!

To throw my thoughts into the ring on the Aviot TE-ZX1, these are my absolute favorite-sounding TWS to date.

Granted, I am still relatively new to the audiophile space and don't have quite the budget to get the products I really want, but the ZX1s have elevated all my favorite music.

One song in particular, Hope - Live by Kinga Glyk, came alive in a way I've only heard in my Meze 109 Pro. As Kinga Glyk is an exceptional bass player, I elevated the bass in a custom EQ by three notches.

In the Bypass (neutral) setting, listening to The Promise by When in Rome showcased subtle nuances I had not noticed in listening to it many times over many years. The same thing happened with Passionflower by Jon Gomm and Shofukan by Snarky Puppy. It was just music coming alive.

Thank you all for helping me find these. I have been looking for good TWS for over a year and a half, and Cowboy Bebop happens to be my favorite anime. And thank you for being passionate about music and sounds overall. It's nice to know I'm not alone!
Awesome impressions going to have to have a listen to those songs on my ZX1s when I get the chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back