Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 31, 2024 at 4:38 AM Post #61,441 of 62,406
Going to box my M100s up for now in the hope of a firmware update in the next couple of weeks. I'm getting drops in bitrate/audio quality that are quite prolonger even when the device is in my hand now. Maybe there is some interference around here?

Anyway - have gone back to my Fiio UTWS5/Tangzu X HBB combination which is far more stable on aptx adaptive (and has the option of LHDC if I want it) :)

Mar 31, 2024 at 5:59 AM Post #61,442 of 62,406
I also get audio quality drops from time to time when the phone is nearby.
I've mailed Cambridge support explaining the BT problems
Going to box my M100s up for now in the hope of a firmware update in the next couple of weeks. I'm getting drops in bitrate/audio quality that are quite prolonger even when the device is in my hand now. Maybe there is some interference around here?

Anyway - have gone back to my Fiio UTWS5/Tangzu X HBB combination which is far more stable on aptx adaptive (and has the option of LHDC if I want it) :)

. Also explained my other problems that i have.
Asked them if there is any upcoming FW in the near future to adress these issues.
Hopefully i get some answer next week

Mar 31, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #61,443 of 62,406
I also get audio quality drops from time to time when the phone is nearby.
I've mailed Cambridge support explaining the BT problems

. Also explained my other problems that i have.
Asked them if there is any upcoming FW in the near future to adress these issues.
Hopefully i get some answer next week
I messaged them on Twitter/X. Will also send an email to see if the problem can be improved 👍

Mar 31, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #61,444 of 62,406
I want the mtw4 with its sound and great controls and app, etc...with the battery life of the new melomania, the call quality of Jabra, and a smaller case. That's my ideal tws.

Someone make it please 😁

Mar 31, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #61,446 of 62,406
I want the mtw4 with its sound and great controls and app, etc...with the battery life of the new melomania, the call quality of Jabra, and a smaller case. That's my ideal tws.

Someone make it please 😁
Sennheiser doesn't listen to their costumer base! We've been asking for a smaller and compact case since the mtw1!

Mar 31, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #61,447 of 62,406
I messaged them on Twitter/X. Will also send an email to see if the problem can be improved 👍
Just gets so tiresome when product after product from all companies comes out with issues and it's always fix in the field.

Mar 31, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #61,448 of 62,406
I agree. And in this case there was no need for this to ever happened,cause they did not announce a release date or anything. so why not release them a month or two later and take care of the remaining bugs instead?
Just gets so tiresome when product after product from all companies comes out with issues and it's always fix in the field.

Mar 31, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #61,449 of 62,406
I agree. And in this case there was no need for this to ever happened,cause they did not announce a release date or anything. so why not release them a month or two later and take care of the remaining bugs instead?
Because a month or two is a disaster in the tech world. Not excusing it all but there are budgets, projections, competition, revenues etc all at play. For all we know it was already a month or two late. We’ve heard Noble speak to this in some regards.

Mar 31, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #61,450 of 62,406
Yea I agree although in fairness to CA I'm starting to wonder if it's an incompatibility with the software on my Xiaomi 14 Ultra? The Ultra plays fine with my Fiio UTWS5 and Qudelix 5k (have taken both on the same walk I did with the CA and used aptx adaptive) and they both worked flawlessly.

But, I've also connected the CA to the free Xiaomi Pad 6 tablet I got and I've been able to walk around a lot of the house without any signal issues whatsoever. Going to do some more testing to make sure though.

Hopefully this will help narrow things down though.

Mar 31, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #61,451 of 62,406
Because a month or two is a disaster in the tech world. Not excusing it all but there are budgets, projections, competition, revenues etc all at play. For all we know it was already a month or two late. We’ve heard Noble speak to this in some regards.
To a point -- but similarly we've allowed companies to get away with this "ship and fix" approach to an ever increasing degree. If a company does financially better by shipping early regardless of bugs then they will.
Same with gaming, apps and now hardware. Think i'm going to change my stance and a company gets 1 chance. If it's crap on receipt it goes back

Mar 31, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #61,452 of 62,406
1000000% It's getting ridiculous. I don't want to spend 200-300 bucks only to hope some nonsense is patched later but then if it's not, one stuck with a product I can't recoup enough money on. And sure we could all wait, but it's almost like every company has pretty big issues which we hope get patched later. Just need a few companies to just release it when it's ready. I'd wait for those releases.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #61,453 of 62,406
Yes i do understand what you are saying. But at the same time, if a manufacturer time after time releases products that is half baked and full of bugs,that could in the end potentionally cost them just as much?

Anyway, they will most likely push out some FWs in the future, and the melomania will be working just fine👍

Mar 31, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #61,454 of 62,406
Yes i do understand what you are saying. But at the same time, if a manufacturer time after time releases products that is half baked and full of bugs,that could in the end potentionally cost them just as much?

Anyway, they will most likely push out some FWs in the future, and the melomania will be working just fine👍
Totally agree. Not okay. But there’s immense pressure to deliver particularly for a smaller company like CA. I’d be more willing to work with them than someone like Bose/Sony. We need more competition in the market not less. And we need more audio focused companies to stay in the mix in TWS or else we’ll be left with nothing but the big four pumping out consumer friendly tws in a different color every month.

Mar 31, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #61,455 of 62,406
Sennheiser doesn't listen to their costumer base! We've been asking for a smaller and compact case since the mtw1!
They are here on the forum. Write them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back