Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 25, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #61,201 of 62,232
That makes the "e-waste until wireless is lossless" argument even more impactful.
Not sure I agree with this. I think codecs are lower on the list of attributes for a great TWS but can understand why someone might prioritize them more than me. Chasing Codecs has never proven fruitful for me. At best, there is a slight improvement that isn't worth the effort to get there (dongle, special phone etc). At worst, it makes no difference at all. If given the choice, I'd take a better Codec over a worse one, but I won't rule out a TWS just because it doesn't have a high end Codec. I asked the question before but didn't get an answer but I don't think anyone would consider the Prestige/Svanar/ZE8000 "e-waste" and none of them offer "lossless" audio. I respect that in your opinion lossless is the break point of entry and spending of your hard earned dollars but in drawing that line there, I think you are missing out on some truly good IEMs. There's a lot more that goes into a good/great TWS than just Codecs. In 2-3 years, everything will probably qualify as lossless so it will be a moot point.

Mar 25, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #61,202 of 62,232
Yes the magic term is purposely used haha.

BTW, is there any Freeclip user experience some better sonic performance after a few hours of running?

The vocals' body sounds much much better today. Timbre is perfect though

Spoiler: today i also tried it with foam buds, heigi brand
Have been enjoying the Freeclips for 2 months and for me sound and comfort strike the right balance. The ergonomics are much better IMO vs the Bose equivalent

Mar 25, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #61,203 of 62,232
Has anyone tried the Bose QCII cycling? Guessing this is a bad fit but my Adidas have crapped the bed so I'm desperate today.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #61,204 of 62,232
Not sure I agree with this. I think codecs are lower on the list of attributes for a great TWS but can understand why someone might prioritize them more than me. Chasing Codecs has never proven fruitful for me. At best, there is a slight improvement that isn't worth the effort to get there (dongle, special phone etc). At worst, it makes no difference at all. If given the choice, I'd take a better Codec over a worse one, but I won't rule out a TWS just because it doesn't have a high end Codec. I asked the question before but didn't get an answer but I don't think anyone would consider the Prestige/Svanar/ZE8000 "e-waste" and none of them offer "lossless" audio. I respect that in your opinion lossless is the break point of entry and spending of your hard earned dollars but in drawing that line there, I think you are missing out on some truly good IEMs. There's a lot more that goes into a good/great TWS than just Codecs. In 2-3 years, everything will probably qualify as lossless so it will be a moot point.
I'm in the same boat. I'm not doing critical listening on the go with TWS. If I'm home, unless I'm making a phone call, I'd never use my TWS. I have my desktop full size cans setup plus some good IEM's. So counting out a TWS because they do 330kbps Apt X and not lossless is the least of my worries. I want TWS for when I'm out of my house, walking the dog, running errands, or taking mass transit to do fun crap in the city. They are absolutely perfect for that, why deprive myself of that convenience to try to be a codec snob? Seems silly. Good recordings playing at 330kbps aren't something to sneeze at either.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #61,205 of 62,232
It looks like a ... ??? :smile_phones:

*remember family site
1711388383955.png

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #61,208 of 62,232
Definitely looks like a thumb :xf_cool:

With the the ugliest nail I have ever seen... LOL

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #61,212 of 62,232
I’ll offer my services as beta tester …
Who wouldn't! :L3000:
The design actually looks surprisingly compact & flexible.

It definitely has a retro vibe with the cone design - especially love how the black and white image adds to that feel.

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:32 PM Post #61,213 of 62,232
Mar 25, 2024 at 10:59 PM Post #61,215 of 62,232

2018... my first TWS... :)
What were your first ones?
Jabra Elite Sport. Early 2017
20161130152156_329_.jpg

my first TWS but also my first foray into sports apps / Strava .. the apple watch I used at that time did not play well with Strava, but the Jabra app did.

Loved those TWS and even had them replaced once by Jabra on warranty issues (i always had to hard turn them off, they kept playing in the case)

My biggest issue was that the mem foam XL tips that were included were the only ones that gave me a good seal. After each run they had soaked up all the sweat and the case would not close anymore. So I had to take them off and dry every time. After a while that made them tear up and back then there was not replacement market for eartips, TWS needed shallower tips than what was available .. and Jabra would only sell the whole set of 6 pairs at 20€ .. when all I needed was one replacement .. or at least 6 times the same ..

Anyways, eventually battery died ... (and I had gotten busy with many many other TWS)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back