Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 24, 2024 at 7:55 PM Post #61,173 of 62,544
Will do, trying to narrow the list down. Thanks
Pretty sure he meant the B&W because the B&O EX are a staple for me and blow away the PI7 S2!

Mar 24, 2024 at 8:12 PM Post #61,175 of 62,544
Slaughter plus Svanar and the weight room is about as good as it gets

Attachments

• 1711325534829.png
    1711325534829.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Mar 24, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #61,177 of 62,544
Unfortunately, even after so many years, it's just not possible to regard SQ as the primary purchase driver in TWSes (or BT earphones in general) because dependency on technicals (ANC, software implementation, pairing speed, overall ease-of-use) are such a big part of the equation that I rather make do with SQ on a Apple Bose Sony or Samsung than explore anything outside. Even Sennheiser gives too many issues to ignore!

Mar 24, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #61,179 of 62,544
Unfortunately, even after so many years, it's just not possible to regard SQ as the primary purchase driver in TWSes (or BT earphones in general) because dependency on technicals (ANC, software implementation, pairing speed, overall ease-of-use) are such a big part of the equation that I rather make do with SQ on a Apple Bose Sony or Samsung than explore anything outside. Even Sennheiser gives too many issues to ignore!
Pretty narrow view of TWS but if that’s what’s you prioritize, sure.
Agreed. Svanar are the ultimate gym headphones for me. The bass isn’t quite there, but man are they clear and detailed which cuts right through any background noise. I get in my own little world
I’d pay $100 for a bass boost button.

Mar 24, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #61,180 of 62,544
Pretty narrow view of TWS but if that’s what’s you prioritize, sure.

I’d pay $100 for a bass boost button.
Care to elaborate what the narrow view is?

Mar 24, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #61,181 of 62,544
Care to elaborate what the narrow view is?
You said you can’t chase sound quality because features like integration/ANC matter more to you. You then listed apple and Samsung Bose and Sony as the leaders and said there’s no point looking beyond them. I respectfully disagree. There’s a world of TWS out there beyond those 4 companies and yes, you can chase sound quality as a priority and still get solid features. But if those things matter most to you, by all means, stick with the big 4. They make fine products.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 9:58 PM Post #61,182 of 62,544
You said you can’t chase sound quality because features like integration/ANC matter more to you. You then listed apple and Samsung Bose and Sony as the leaders and said there’s no point looking beyond them. I respectfully disagree. There’s a world of TWS out there beyond those 4 companies and yes, you can chase sound quality as a priority and still get solid features. But if those things matter most to you, by all means, stick with the big 4. They make fine products.
What I mean is that dependency of technical implementation is super important for bluetooth earphones. I'm not referring to how good the ANC is or how elaborate the EQ options are, but that they necessarily shouldn't malfunction. And nailing that aspect is extremely difficult unless the company invests heavily into technicalities outside of the sound. I remember having a Sennheiser PXC550 and it sounded great to me (at the time), but it had a peculiar sound control issue that blasted my ears with excessive volume in some instances. Thus, I rather invest into the top brands that put time and effort into the functioning of their TWSes even if there may be other smaller brands that put more effort into the SQ (think Noble, Hifiman).
And of course, purely for SQ, I still look to IEMs, so there's that.
Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 10:04 PM Post #61,183 of 62,544
What I mean is that dependency of technical implementation is super important for bluetooth earphones. I'm not referring to how good the ANC is or how elaborate the EQ options are, but that they necessarily shouldn't malfunction. And nailing that aspect is extremely difficult unless the company invests heavily into technicalities outside of the sound. I remember having a Sennheiser PXC550 and it sounded great to me (at the time), but it had a peculiar sound control issue that blasted my ears with excessive volume in some cases. Thus, I rather invest into the top brands that put time and effort into TWSes even if there may be other smaller brands that put more effort into the SQ (think Noble, Hifiman).
And of course, purely for SQ, I still look to IEMs, so there's that.
Hope that makes sense.
Makes perfect sense.

Mar 25, 2024 at 7:29 AM Post #61,184 of 62,544
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back