Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 24, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #61,163 of 62,501
Yeah made the same mistake but was able to cancel. How are they
I wrote to World Shipping 15 minutes or less after pressing buy to cancel and they told me it's too late. I'm glad one of us was able too.

They are still unopened in shrink-wrap. I think the buyer would want it that way, so I've resisted the urge to listen to them.

Mar 24, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #61,164 of 62,501
I thought the MTW4s sounded heavy and muddied out of the box. After doing the Sound Customization tuning, Violà, to me sounds like audiophile-level headphones.
On which codec? On my to do list to properly compare Apple v AptX c LDAC

IMG_0991.jpeg

Love the organic wood. Finding them highly isolating and comfortable. A little heavier on the bottom end than I like. Shop has the black ones coming in next week. Was told unequivocally these are not for the gym.

IMG_0992.jpeg

That case! How does one pocket it. Clean sounding, closer to neutral and lovely detail. I liked these and the shop rep affirmed he himself bought a pair.

Also tried the Final 8000s but the proprietary tip scrubbed them from consideration. I like being able to tip roll and use my own.

In a world of Jabra, AirPods Pro2, TWX-9 I haven’t decided if TWS is there yet. Is it too much to ask for a TWS that switches and connects as seamlessly with the UI of the AirPods Pro but sounds better than mid-fi?

I don’t think even headphones have managed to do that.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #61,165 of 62,501
I meant to buy the TE-ZX1 which I did afterward. What a difference a letter makes :)
Yea, I was looking at the TE-ZX1 when they first went up for sale and was thinking of ordering them. Now they are up to $278.
I am looking at getting a new pair of earbuds and debating on which will be the best for me. I am eyeballing the Hifiman Svanar LE, Noble Mystique, Final ZE8000, Devialet Gemini 2, Technics EAH-AZ80, Bowers & Wilkins Pi7 S2, Denon PerL Pro and Aviot TE-ZX1.
The main things I am looking for are sound quality and comfort with at least decent battery life. I would like to have a well-rounded sound for listening to Rock, Techno, Orchestral and Inspirational music. I do listen to a variety of music but these more than anything else. Not necessary but possibly have a decent app with some eq ability. I also like a bit of a wider soundstage if possible. I have read quite a few reviews but am trying to get a few comparisons if possible. The higher quality codecs that I use are aptX HD and LDAC.
I feel like the Noble's, Devialet's and Technics's seem pretty consistent on the sound and comfort reviews but I'm looking for anymore feedback or suggestions from people with first hand experience. Price isn't a problem but I don't like to spend far beyond the point of diminishing return unless their is something special about them.

Mar 24, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #61,166 of 62,501
Yea, I was looking at the TE-ZX1 when they first went up for sale and was thinking of ordering them. Now they are up to $278.
I am looking at getting a new pair of earbuds and debating on which will be the best for me. I am eyeballing the Hifiman Svanar LE, Noble Mystique, Final ZE8000, Devialet Gemini 2, Technics EAH-AZ80, Bowers & Wilkins Pi7 S2, Denon PerL Pro and Aviot TE-ZX1.
The main things I am looking for are sound quality and comfort with at least decent battery life. I would like to have a well-rounded sound for listening to Rock, Techno, Orchestral and Inspirational music. I do listen to a variety of music but these more than anything else. Not necessary but possibly have a decent app with some eq ability. I also like a bit of a wider soundstage if possible. I have read quite a few reviews but am trying to get a few comparisons if possible. The higher quality codecs that I use are aptX HD and LDAC.
I feel like the Noble's, Devialet's and Technics's seem pretty consistent on the sound and comfort reviews but I'm looking for anymore feedback or suggestions from people with first hand experience. Price isn't a problem but I don't like to spend far beyond the point of diminishing return unless their is something special about them.
Good list. I’d remove the B&O and Denon.

Mar 24, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #61,168 of 62,501
I’m right now packaging the Technics AZ~80s for return.

I’m listening to Jeff Beck ‘Blow By Blow in DSD format. AptX Adaptive & Sennheiser MTW4s. Fantastic. Better than my last wired custom Noble Encores from a A&K 240 using balanced connection and custom cables.

Mar 24, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #61,169 of 62,501
I’m right now packaging the Technics AZ~80s for return.

I’m listening to Jeff Beck ‘Blow By Blow in DSD format. AptX Adaptive & Sennheiser MTW4s. Fantastic. Better than my last wired custom Noble Encores from a A&K 240 using balanced connection and custom cables.
I have a few over the ear Sennheisers and wired earbuds but haven't tried any of their newer wireless buds. I'll throw them in the mix. Thanks

Mar 24, 2024 at 7:30 PM Post #61,170 of 62,501
I thought the MTW4s sounded heavy and muddied out of the box. After doing the Sound Customization tuning, Violà, to me sounds like audiophile-level headphones.
On which codec? On my to do list to properly compare Apple v AptX c LDAC
I customized the MTW4s with aptX Adaptive. I am also impressed with the sound from my iPhone + MBA. IF MTW4s supported LDAC (they do not), it would be interesting to compare the 2 different codecs with all else equal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back