Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 26, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #60,558 of 62,838
I would wait for the Triumph. The Falcon Max uses the exact drivers as the Creative Aurvana, which you can now get for $117+tax on Amazon. The Triumph is Noble's custom pairing.
Apologies if already answered, but do we know the driver config. and ETA (for US) for the Triumph?

Feb 27, 2024 at 12:15 AM Post #60,563 of 62,838
I would wait for the Triumph. The Falcon Max uses the exact drivers as the Creative Aurvana, which you can now get for $117+tax on Amazon. The Triumph is Noble's custom pairing.

It exists. Nice specs too, but no mention of ANC
Both use the Cowell xMEMS:
B7MVMMVKnB9LoRVEZyMixX-1200-80.jpg.webp

The editor seemed to be more interested in the Creative, quoting its low price point. (Not a terrible take in itself.)

Now I'm interested in what happens with the Cypress xMEMS driver, if it's bared like a hybrid, or if it will be a standalone driver.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2024 at 3:14 AM Post #60,564 of 62,838

The editor seemed to be more interested in the Creative, quoting its low price point. (Not a terrible take in itself.)

Now I'm interested in what happens with the Cypress xMEMS driver, if it's bared like a hybrid, or if it will be a standalone driver.

Cypress will not be available for commercial till next year.

Feb 27, 2024 at 3:26 AM Post #60,565 of 62,838

From what I've been gathering, Cypress will have enough sound pressure to work as a full-range MEMS driver for TWS, even with ANC. However, its tech is different from current MEMS, so we'll have to wait and see how it will fare regarding sound quality, power consumption, etc...

Currently, the only available MEMS driver to deliver sufficient full-range sound pressure for TWS without ANC, seems to be the Usound Conamara. I can get ~100dB across the entire frequency range from my Linner Deluxe, which is ime enough for everything but some very quietly recorded classical albums. However, since the industry seems to think that ANC is a must, I don't expect to see any more TWS with full-range MEMS driver until the Cypress is ready for prime time.

Which is a bit of a bummer imo, because to my ears, the standalone MEMS Linner beats the hybrid Creative in SQ. And if one's preference is sheer sound quality, I personally don't think that ANC is such an important feature.

Feb 27, 2024 at 8:02 AM Post #60,566 of 62,838
Slightly disappointed by Creative's response to the multitude of bugs I encountered with the Aurvana Ace 2. Sent them a carefully-crafted video with narrative over exactly what was going on...low microphone volume on LC3, issues with aptX-adaptive where the codec constantly refreshes and drops audio on some apps where audio isn't used constantly (like DuoLingo), problems with connecting to the app and a few other minor quibbles and they've closed the case, saying I should take up the issue with Sony (my smartphone manufacturer) even though some of the issues in the video were with using the device on Windows/Linux and some are clearly a Qualcomm-related problem as they're replicated on other devices with the same chipset (inability to control volume from the phone, only the earbuds was also witnessed on Soundpeats Air4)

Feb 27, 2024 at 8:06 AM Post #60,567 of 62,838
Slightly disappointed by Creative's response to the multitude of bugs I encountered with the Aurvana Ace 2. Sent them a carefully-crafted video with narrative over exactly what was going on...low microphone volume on LC3, issues with aptX-adaptive where the codec constantly refreshes and drops audio on some apps where audio isn't used constantly (like DuoLingo), problems with connecting to the app and a few other minor quibbles and they've closed the case, saying I should take up the issue with Sony (my smartphone manufacturer) even though some of the issues in the video were with using the device on Windows/Linux and some are clearly a Qualcomm-related problem as they're replicated on other devices with the same chipset (inability to control volume from the phone, only the earbuds was also witnessed on Soundpeats Air4)
Have to say, I am using them with a Sony Smartphone and I am experiencing none of these bugs. I had the left bud drop audio once and then just reset the buds with the button in the case and now they are working again. Only things I don't like is the ANC which is too light in the mids and can't be configured and that the microphones give back weird feedback when something is pressing on the buds from the outside, for example with a beanie.

Otherwise I quite like them.

Feb 27, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #60,568 of 62,838
Hard to find good reviews. Same with the Creative A2 which are on Amazon now. And in my cart.
That makes two of us

Users who are viewing this thread

Back