Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 21, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #60,451 of 62,383
How do you fin

How do you find the MTW4 vs the Mystique ? thinking of selling to get the MTW4

I think for pure SQ I like the Mystique more. Same as when I got the Mystique with the MTW3.

But as I posted earlier, acquiring the Shure TW2 and using them with my Bonneville or Supermoon or Cascara, it's better SQ than the Mystique - which is why I sold them. The Shure TW2 will be my go to TWS for high sound quality.

The MTW4 are for a good quality sound but when I also want more features like a solid ambient mode, good phone call capability, good ANC - things the Mystique does not have. And the MTW series sound lovely to me. I like them better than any Sony, Technics, JVC, etc... I've ever tried. I have not tried a bunch like B&O or Bose or Audio Technica.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #60,452 of 62,383
Announcements and release dates should be kept to no more than 2 weeks in between. These long periods between announcements and releases are just a waste
This. And the more "iterative" the product is (i.e. MTW3 v. 4), the shorter it should be if at all. I propose we ban all preorders frankly. It's an obnoxious marketing strategy if you ask me. I wish it would die forever.

Feb 22, 2024 at 1:56 AM Post #60,454 of 62,383
Returned the first pair of Technics AZ-80s, the left side completely dead, got the exchanged pair, synched...very smoothly. Did the update. I've been searching for a post, advising to EQ a certain setting...please repost.

15 minute *initial impressions A/B~ing vs Bose Ultras. Source HiBy M300. Playing the same song, I returned the buds in the case, put the others in, @4 second interval.
Could not get the 80s to connect via the LDAC codec only SBC. Haven't searched for solutions yet. The Ultras connect via aptX Adaptive.
Equal noise isolation, which was surprising. Couldn't hear a loud hair dryer on high unless an inch from my ears.
The Ultras sounded fuller, more forward. The bass on the Ultras hit harder and deeper. Maybe I heard wider sound stage from the 80s.
The APPs seem on par.
The 80s are underwhelming so far. LDAC and adjusting EQ could help, a lot.

I decided to sell the AVIOT TE-Z1PNK Black. They have been up for sale here for about a week. I'll be taking a loss, no sweat. Relatively speaking it was a inexpensive education.

Feb 22, 2024 at 2:29 AM Post #60,456 of 62,383
Returned the first pair of Technics AZ-80s, the left side completely dead, got the exchanged pair, synched...very smoothly. Did the update. I've been searching for a post, advising to EQ a certain setting...please repost.

15 minute *initial impressions A/B~ing vs Bose Ultras. Source HiBy M300. Playing the same song, I returned the buds in the case, put the others in, @4 second interval.
Could not get the 80s to connect via the LDAC codec only SBC. Haven't searched for solutions yet. The Ultras connect via aptX Adaptive.
Equal noise isolation, which was surprising. Couldn't hear a loud hair dryer on high unless an inch from my ears.
The Ultras sounded fuller, more forward. The bass on the Ultras hit harder and deeper. Maybe I heard wider sound stage from the 80s.
The APPs seem on par.

I decided to sell the AVIOT TE-Z1PNK Black. They have been up for sale here for about a week. I'll be taking a loss, no sweat. Relatively speaking it was a inexpensive education.
I thought you bought the TE-ZX1-PNK, and not the TE-Z1PNK. The one you got has only one planar and one BA

Feb 22, 2024 at 8:25 AM Post #60,459 of 62,383

The APPs seem on par.

Personally, I like the Treble+ setting. I don't have any issues with LDAC, might find some additional information in the AZ-80 thread that is out on the forums.

Feb 22, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #60,461 of 62,383

The APPs seem on par.

Personally, I like the Treble+ setting. I don't have any issues with LDAC, might find some additional information in the AZ-80 thread that is out on the forums.

I like the Treble+ setting as well. Tried to replicate it with a little less bass but proved to be more time consuming than I hoped so I just left it and it is really growing on me.

For LDAC, I think I had to change settings in the Technics app to enable LDAC on the TWS themselves (under Connections Mode in the Settings menu/tab) and also enable LDAC for the specific bluetooth device (my AZ80s) in the bluetooth settings menu on my phone (not the Technics app). Phone is the Samsung Galaxy Fold 5. Screenshots attached for your reference.

EDIT: meant to add my Fold 5 is running Android 14, One UI 6.0 so it may look different on your device.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240222_125344_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20240222_125344_Settings.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240222_125646_Technics Audio Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20240222_125646_Technics Audio Connect.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240222_125537_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20240222_125537_Settings.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #60,462 of 62,383
I like the Treble+ setting as well. Tried to replicate it with a little less bass but proved to be more time consuming than I hoped so I just left it and it is really growing on me.

For LDAC, I think I had to change settings in the Technics app to enable LDAC on the TWS themselves (under Connections Mode in the Settings menu/tab) and also enable LDAC for the specific bluetooth device (my AZ80s) in the bluetooth settings menu on my phone (not the Technics app). Phone is the Samsung Galaxy Fold 5. Screenshots attached for your reference.

EDIT: meant to add my Fold 5 is running Android 14, One UI 6.0 so it may look different on your device.

Hope this helps.
Thank you :beerchug:

Feb 22, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #60,464 of 62,383
Thank you :beerchug:
Yeah, if I recall correctly there is a similar dance that is required by the XM5 as well. Seems pretty customer unfriendly to require enabling in the app a feature that is almost guaranteed to be desired by the user. There may be some features that might require disabling LDAC, but I think it would be safest to assume the best default is to start out enabled.

Anyway, I hope everything is working now for you!

Feb 22, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #60,465 of 62,383

Users who are viewing this thread

Back