Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 20, 2024 at 10:17 PM Post #60,421 of 62,385
Anyone have an issue with their MTW3? I still have not RMA'd my pair. Initially it did weird beeping and stuff then that stopped.

But the ANC when I enable it is horrible now, it's essentially like massive pressure which I am pretty sure never happened at the start. Is this a justifiable reason to return them?
I have pretty much given up on the MTW3 with the random beeping and popping noises. Been really enjoying my AZ80s and realized I don't miss my MTW3s at all. The MTW3s haven't gone anywhere but have also been collecting dust on my desk since I got the AZ80s. I think the tuning of the Technics is more to my liking (Treble+ preset and Azla Max tips for me). Probably won't even bother sending the MTW3s back for replacement since I already did that once.

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #60,422 of 62,385
Yeah I like bloom. Interesting that they are shipping early. They sent me the Svanar before the official release because I wanted them by my vacation. So that’s cool.
My MTW4 will be here Thursday. Pretty sure the launch date is 3/1 and maybe they weren't supposed to ship yet. Earlier today the site said ships 3/1. Who knows, could be wrong.

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:48 PM Post #60,423 of 62,385
How do folks have time to take debates too far on an audio forum? Opinions are like, uh, you know. We all got 'em.

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:49 PM Post #60,424 of 62,385
I have pretty much given up on the MTW3 with the random beeping and popping noises. Been really enjoying my AZ80s and realized I don't miss my MTW3s at all. The MTW3s haven't gone anywhere but have also been collecting dust on my desk since I got the AZ80s. I think the tuning of the Technics is more to my liking (Treble+ preset and Azla Max tips for me). Probably won't even bother sending the MTW3s back for replacement since I already did that once.
Can I send them back for you and keep the replacements I receive? :metal:

Feb 20, 2024 at 11:28 PM Post #60,426 of 62,385
Buttholes? Lol. Basically because I’m a loser and have no life.
I shaved and now my wife said, "Whaddya do that for -- ?"

So, I feel ya.

Feb 20, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #60,428 of 62,385
Feb 21, 2024 at 12:36 AM Post #60,430 of 62,385
I should stop? I merely said a few words to describe exactly what that guy posted. It's our fault and we deserve the products we get from companies with a crap ton more resources than we have. Literally victim-blaming. Now it's my fault he said something quite wrong and I politely called it what it was. He then tried to get cute in response to me, so I returned the favor.
For the record I don't mind a good argument. Find them fun. But happy to leave this here for the sake of everyone else.

But my school paper comment was mostly related to you using a pretty serious phrase like "victim blaming" and that being the type of accusations a school paper or MSNBC would level against someone to ruin their reputation. You should reserve those kinda accusations for times when it matters or you just deplete the phrase of meaning.

Whoops I said I'd stop.

My original post was on track tho, consumer demand is what has left us standing under some HVAC a/b testing the mtw3 and 4 to convince ourselves that ANC is worthy of the upgrade :sweat_smile:

Feb 21, 2024 at 12:46 AM Post #60,431 of 62,385
Feb 21, 2024 at 1:47 AM Post #60,432 of 62,385
Feb 21, 2024 at 1:53 AM Post #60,433 of 62,385
Nice. What’s the word on the Bose?
Dude, I use them every day. Used them at the office and forgot I had them in when folks would stop by to talk. Calls are great. I can use them when my my kid is up my butt and still be able to talk to him. No issues outside. Expensive for what they are but I don’t care. Only bad thing is that they look odd to folks. Looking forward to comparing them to the Freeclip buds that still haven’t shipped.

Feb 21, 2024 at 4:24 AM Post #60,434 of 62,385
Anyone have an issue with their MTW3? I still have not RMA'd my pair. Initially it did weird beeping and stuff then that stopped.

But the ANC when I enable it is horrible now, it's essentially like massive pressure which I am pretty sure never happened at the start. Is this a justifiable reason to return them?
I have 2 pairs that both perform very well and certainly not as you described. I would agree you should return them

Feb 21, 2024 at 6:48 AM Post #60,435 of 62,385

The QC of the MTW3 has not been noteworthy. My brother loves his, but he is on his third pair and he is not an anomaly. I couldn't formulate an opinion of the MTW3 because I couldn't get a fit and seal with the small shell size, so I returned them immediately. That said, I loved the two prior models. I hope folks have better fortune with the MTW4. I won't be trying them because judging from the looks I will have the same fit issues.

Responding to an earlier post about wanting the latest and greatest and no new technology; it is okay to enjoy what you have. I have stuck on the Svanar and the EX and the H95 in full-sized wireless. It is certainly okay to take a pause and stop chasing the next king. When I see something I think will be an upgrade I will be first in line.

It is hard to debate that Bose and Sony have been the ANC king so if strong ANC is at the top of your list it is difficult to look elsewhere. Sound quality becomes very subjective. Aside from the two models I mentioned above, the Gemini and Noble have ticked some sound quality boxes, but they have also ticked the high price boxes so I have passed on them since I am happy with what's important to me, fit, and sound quality.

Just be glad if the interest you have is the wireless segment, because while the prices have crept, it is at least easier on the wallet to satiate curiosity and the desire for the next "big" thing in wireless than wired. Take that from someone who has been reviewing for almost 15 years. If you see my profile, while some have been review samples, many I have funded. I could have funded a mortgage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back