Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 20, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #60,406 of 62,436
It's funny I used to come on this thread very often but I kind of feel like now I need to only come on a couple of times a month because the truth is we all seem to be hungering for the new latest and greatest and get excited when it comes and then two weeks later realize it isn't that much better than what we already had and we start looking at cheaper alternatives.

I know I am speaking blasphemy but I kind of feel like since the Sennheiser MTW3, the Galaxy buds 2 Pro AirPods Pro 2 generation of earbuds there hasn't really been that much of an improvement in the newer generation. We all thought that the big change would be going to AC3 and new Codecs that would give us a sound quality without as much loss of detail.
So far I think we have been let down by either phone manufacturers yes Samsung I mean you! Or earbud manufacturers that seem to keep giving us a few new features or upgrades but not the most meaningful ones.

Not that they have tried them yet but outside of say the Creative Aurvana ace 2 using a completely new driver technology there have been little minimal incremental improvements either in battery life or in noise canceling but honestly I do not feel that there is enough going on for me to even upgrade from my AZ60 and Galaxy buds Pro 2.

I don't even really see anything that has been suggested coming down the pipeline that is making me feel differently. Maybe the new Sennheiser but even then the Galaxy phone that I use will not have the compatible codec allowing for the highest quality bitrate sound to be used which might limit any improvements...

Please don't hate I am eager to upgrade as every one of you are I'm just disappointed with what the manufacturers are offering.
I hear ya.

But it's also the consumer's fault. How are you meant to get better ANC than Bose? Probably a cap with how good something like that can get.

How are you meant to co-ordinate codecs properly now that no one seems satisfied with one that works almost perfectly APTX.

Consumer's (us) keep demanding stupid quality of life upgrades instead of something that would actually be exciting such as, I dunno, sound quality. . . . .

TWS most unique feature is onboard DAC that could allow it to drive EST, MEMs and Planar drivers. And there is no end to the combos you can get people excited for (look at the Discovery Thread).

Aviot is on the right track here. But as long as the latest products have "improved ANC" as their main selling point there really is going to be anything significant happening.

All I mean is, we have the products we deserve.

Feb 20, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #60,407 of 62,436
I hear ya.

But it's also the consumer's fault. How are you meant to get better ANC than Bose? Probably a cap with how good something like that can get.

How are you meant to co-ordinate codecs properly now that no one seems satisfied with one that works almost perfectly APTX.

Consumer's (us) keep demanding stupid quality of life upgrades instead of something that would actually be exciting such as, I dunno, sound quality. . . . .

TWS most unique feature is onboard DAC that could allow it to drive EST, MEMs and Planar drivers. And there is no end to the combos you can get people excited for (look at the Discovery Thread).

Aviot is on the right track here. But as long as the latest products have "improved ANC" as their main selling point there really is going to be anything significant happening.

That's a long way to say 'victim blaming' by the way

Feb 20, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #60,408 of 62,436
Hello friends, I have a question: which headphones will be best for the Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra ? I'm wondering about bad buds 2 pro because they have a lossless audio codec promoted by Samsung and in general they would be part of Samsung's eco system the question is how they will not sound compared to headphones such as Devialet Gemini 2 or Denon Perl Pro I am also considering these headphones, so far I was leaning towards Devialet Gemin 2
I'm using the buds 2 pro with s24u ultra. The sound is excellent especially after last year's update which supports LC3. Spacious and meaty sound.

Feb 20, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #60,409 of 62,436
That's a long way to say 'victim blaming' by the way
Lol we're hardly victims mate.

Don't know if you need to go to that extreme. I'm not blaming a young mademoiselle for wearing skimpy clothes.

Feb 20, 2024 at 8:23 PM Post #60,410 of 62,436
Lol we're hardly victims mate.

Don't know if you need to go to that extreme. I'm not blaming a young mademoiselle for wearing skimpy clothes.
I'm not going to any extreme. you literally said we are getting what we deserve, after saying we are the ones essentially controlling the products. I mean that's a pretty strong statement. Maybe rephrase your post?

Feb 20, 2024 at 8:25 PM Post #60,411 of 62,436
Same here. I’m often here keeping myself up to date with the thread but kind of slowly going back to my old gear and when it comes to TWS I’m content with my Shure TW2 adapters + UE900 for the best sq.
I'm in a similar boat, which is why I sold the Mystique. I will use my Shure TW2 with my Bonneville or Supermoon for now when I want the best TWS sound quality I have at my disposal. The ambient mode of the Shure TW2 is better than the Mystique, and a better interface (much faster to get into ambient mode and/or pausing music turns on ambient mode if you wish) - I picked up the MTW4 because sometimes I will want to add in ANC and other techy features above and beyond just SQ, and just a bit more portability and discretion than the Shure TW2.

The MTW4 arrived shortly before I got home from work. I had time to set up my sound personalization and get them to where I like them. Just off of memory I can say I feel the higher ranges are a bit more refined, but overall a similar signature and quality that I have enjoyed. I will A/B sound quality when I have time and pick apart more differences. Had a great 30 minute dog walk with the MTW4 and they make me happy. I did a quick test of ANC indoors. I turned on my HVAC and stood in the same place and switched back and forth from the MTW3 and 4. It was easy to hear that the MTW4 were definitely better. I can't say it was revolutionary, but a solid and noticeable evolution of better ANC, at least for that loud fan noise. I'll also test some phone call quality in the same places I used my MTW3 walking the dog, which had some issues with background noise.

The biggest con is as has been mentioned before - the case is the same size and did not get any smaller, which we all know the tech is there to do so.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #60,412 of 62,436
I'm not going to any extreme. you literally said we are getting what we deserve, after saying we are the ones essentially controlling the products. I mean that's a pretty strong statement. Maybe rephrase your post?
Not gonna rephrase.

We're consumer's not victims. We have demands we put forward to manufacturers who focus on those demands at the detriment of our own enjoyment/apathy towards those same products. As per current sentiment.

I guess I am victim blaming, you gonna report me to the school paper?

Feb 20, 2024 at 8:51 PM Post #60,413 of 62,436
Not gonna rephrase.

We're consumer's not victims. We have demands we put forward to manufacturers who focus on those demands at the detriment of our own enjoyment/apathy towards those same products. As per current sentiment.

I guess I am victim blaming, you gonna report me to the school paper?

School paper? Are you referring to your age? Or having any issues recognizing that we are on an internet forum where people say things and people respond to them?

No, had no thoughts of reporting you. I'm just going to point out how wrong your statement is on a forum of public opinion, especially to help make it clear to others that no, we are not just getting what we deserve and we have little control over what big businesses do.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 8:53 PM Post #60,414 of 62,436
Anyone have an issue with their MTW3? I still have not RMA'd my pair. Initially it did weird beeping and stuff then that stopped.

But the ANC when I enable it is horrible now, it's essentially like massive pressure which I am pretty sure never happened at the start. Is this a justifiable reason to return them?

Feb 20, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #60,416 of 62,436
I hear ya.

The window of people that want audiophile sound quality AND exclusively a TWS is pretty narrow. Most people, consumer wise care about features such as ANC, fast pairing, call quality, etc. For most, sounds quality is a tertiary concern at best. Even around here it's a small amount of people that are chasing that specifically in a TWS since we have other headsets (headphones, high end IEMs, etc) and chains to get great SQ from and TWS is mostly a convenience thing.

Feb 20, 2024 at 9:12 PM Post #60,417 of 62,436
School paper? Are you referring to your age? Or having any issues recognizing that we are on an internet forum where people say things and people respond to them?

No, had no thoughts of reporting you. I'm just going to point out how wrong your statement is on a forum of public opinion, especially to help make it clear to others that no, we are not just getting what we deserve and we have little control over what big businesses do.
Here we go again. Please stop.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 9:14 PM Post #60,418 of 62,436
I'm in a similar boat, which is why I sold the Mystique. I will use my Shure TW2 with my Bonneville or Supermoon for now when I want the best TWS sound quality I have at my disposal. The ambient mode of the Shure TW2 is better than the Mystique, and a better interface (much faster to get into ambient mode and/or pausing music turns on ambient mode if you wish) - I picked up the MTW4 because sometimes I will want to add in ANC and other techy features above and beyond just SQ, and just a bit more portability and discretion than the Shure TW2.

The MTW4 arrived shortly before I got home from work. I had time to set up my sound personalization and get them to where I like them. Just off of memory I can say I feel the higher ranges are a bit more refined, but overall a similar signature and quality that I have enjoyed. I will A/B sound quality when I have time and pick apart more differences. Had a great 30 minute dog walk with the MTW4 and they make me happy. I did a quick test of ANC indoors. I turned on my HVAC and stood in the same place and switched back and forth from the MTW3 and 4. It was easy to hear that the MTW4 were definitely better. I can't say it was revolutionary, but a solid and noticeable evolution of better ANC, at least for that loud fan noise. I'll also test some phone call quality in the same places I used my MTW3 walking the dog, which had some issues with background noise.

The biggest con is as has been mentioned before - the case is the same size and did not get any smaller, which we all know the tech is there to do so.
This is far more productive and useful. Please stick to this stuff. How did you get your hands on these so soon btw?

Feb 20, 2024 at 9:50 PM Post #60,419 of 62,436
This is far more productive and useful. Please stick to this stuff. How did you get your hands on these so soon btw?
I pre-ordered with Bloom on the 15th, the pre-order date. I presume they got stock early and that was yesterday, because they shipped yesterday. I only live a couple hours from Bloom by car, so all my stuff from them comes in one day. I order mostly from them, as they have great customer service and ship fast as fook, and seem like a bunch of good dudes. I met Andy briefly when he first started Bloom on his own, so I know they literally started as a one man operation, not too long before Covid came. Within a couple years or so of that.

Here we go again. Please stop.

I should stop? I merely said a few words to describe exactly what that guy posted. It's our fault and we deserve the products we get from companies with a crap ton more resources than we have. Literally victim-blaming. Now it's my fault he said something quite wrong and I politely called it what it was. He then tried to get cute in response to me, so I returned the favor.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #60,420 of 62,436
I pre-ordered with Bloom on the 15th, the pre-order date. I presume they got stock early and that was yesterday, because they shipped yesterday. I only live a couple hours from Bloom by car, so all my stuff from them comes in one day. I order mostly from them, as they have great customer service and ship fast as fook, and seem like a bunch of good dudes. I met Andy briefly when he first started Bloom on his own, so I know they literally started as a one man operation, not too long before Covid came. Within a couple years or so of that.

I should stop? I merely said a few words to describe exactly what that guy posted. It's our fault and we deserve the products we get from companies with a crap ton more resources than we have. Literally victim-blaming. Now it's my fault he said something quite wrong and I politely called it what it was. He then tried to get cute in response to me, so I returned the favor.
Yeah I like bloom. Interesting that they are shipping early. They sent me the Svanar before the official release because I wanted them by my vacation. So that’s cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back