Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 9, 2024 at 11:33 PM Post #59,581 of 62,387
The ANC is not good with wind noise.
Generally yes, but my experience with Huawei Freebuds Pro 2 and 3 is much much better than with Creative.
But can live with it.

What it is instead a big NO for me is that it captures these high pitch sounds from voice announcements in a way to pierce my ears…
Not sure if anyone has the same issue.

Jan 9, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #59,582 of 62,387
Hi! MiMiranda, could you help me with the choice, please? I can buy T2 for $265 or Mystique for $355.
It's really important for me that they have good subbass, somewhere around 20-25 Hz.
Which one would you choose?
I like T2 more because of more features and lower price. And i have no AptX Adaptive in my phone.
But.
Can you sleep on your side with T2?
Can they fit into a fifth (small) pocket of jeans?
This both a hard to compare. Both sound very good, but also very different.
The mystique is warm sounding with big bass as fundament while t2 is clear sounding, but also with great bass.
I use mystique only with aptX, so I don't know if they sound different without. T2 offers ldac.
But sleeping with t2 is not possible, in my opinion.

Jan 9, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #59,583 of 62,387
Dang it.

Two customer reviews on PSB website incredibly positive.

Just wanted to chime in and say that the first review is mine. These don't have ANC, but not missing that at all. Recently got the io-12 for serious noise cancelling, these are something I plan to just abuse. Coming from AirPods Pro. I used these for running, commute, phone call so far. No wind noise, minimal microphonics. They are extremely comfortable, did a 2 hour run and no discomfort at all. The sound is quite fun, planar can't be beat for treble. The app isn't the greatest, you will have to manually turn them off, auto turn off in the box is a bit iffy. But you get used to it. Ask me any other question you may have.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 11:54 PM Post #59,584 of 62,387
Just wanted to chime in and say that the first review is mine. These don't have ANC, but not missing that at all. Recently got the io-12 for serious noise cancelling, these are something I plan to just abuse. Coming from AirPods Pro. I used these for running, commute, phone call so far. No wind noise, minimal microphonics. They are extremely comfortable, did a 2 hour run and no discomfort at all. The sound is quite fun, planar can't be beat for treble. The app isn't the greatest, you will have to manually turn them off, auto turn off in the box is a bit iffy. But you get used to it. Ask me any other question you may have.
Thanks for the extra info.

No ANC is a bonus for me. It means the effort went into something I consider more meaningful.

What is the Room Feel tech like in terms of soundstage or just general feel? Can you toggle it to test the difference?

And I guess bass response? Much thump and body to the low end?

Jan 10, 2024 at 12:04 AM Post #59,585 of 62,387
Thanks for the extra info.

No ANC is a bonus for me. It means the effort went into something I consider more meaningful.

What is the Room Feel tech like in terms of soundstage or just general feel? Can you toggle it to test the difference?

And I guess bass response? Much thump and body to the low end?
The way they implemented room feel is weird. In the app, the first flat eq is room feel. If I switch to another eq, it sounds more forward, so I am guessing that's what room feel is supposed to do. I keep it on cuz it gives it a decent enough soundstage without killing the mids. It's subtle, nothing to write home about but not bad either.

Not a lot of mid bass, so you don't get the thump. EDM sounds okay. Sub bass is nice. Where it really shines is electric guitars. Does not distort at all, no matter how loud you listen to. I really hated how the elevated bass of Sony and airpods muddied up really fast guitar riffs/shredding like the types you would hear in metal. These do not have that problem.

Each company has a house sound, I have never owned PSB headphones before, maybe this is why I'm enjoying them so much. Highly recommend though, Esp if you're a planar fanboy!

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 12:41 AM Post #59,586 of 62,387
Generally yes, but my experience with Huawei Freebuds Pro 2 and 3 is much much better than with Creative.
But can live with it.

What it is instead a big NO for me is that it captures these high pitch sounds from voice announcements in a way to pierce my ears…
Not sure if anyone has the same issue.
Not really sure as I don’t use ANC most of the time.

Jan 10, 2024 at 1:16 AM Post #59,587 of 62,387
Not really sure as I don’t use ANC most of the time.
Understood. If you / anyone ever have the chance to try ANC close to outdoor voice announcement to check if you have same problem, maybe it can be somehow brought to creative attentions. Else, my pair is faulty!:frowning2:

Jan 10, 2024 at 3:43 AM Post #59,588 of 62,387
Understood. If you / anyone ever have the chance to try ANC close to outdoor voice announcement to check if you have same problem, maybe it can be somehow brought to creative attentions. Else, my pair is faulty!:frowning2:
Mine do reasonably well indoors with noises such as cancelling water running, or diminishing outside conversation but if I drop flatware in a metal sink, the sharp sound can produce painful amplified artifacts, perhaps exaggerated by the MEMs driver. I don't really have outdoor voice announcements where I live but maybe it's something similar.

Outdoors for me they are OK with normal city sounds, but poor in wind. I do find they are pretty good outside with ANC off because the detail of the driver compensates well for outside sounds and does not force me to raise the volume, and wind is negligible with ANC off. Hope that helps!

Jan 10, 2024 at 3:44 AM Post #59,589 of 62,387
I wish I could get those PSB earbuds and try them out, but none of the online stores that sell them seem to ship anywhere outside of the US/Canada, which is unfortunate. I think it's just kinda dumb, I would be paying for the shipping after all!

Also, new report on my Mackie MP-20TWS:
I think they're actually my favorite-sounding earbuds thus far with a little EQ. Like the sound is just right, tuning really IS what these companies should focus on rather than just pushing in all of the fancy codecs (preferrably both, however). Seems like many companies just push on putting LDAC and AptX Lossless in buds with mediocre drivers and not doing much in the regards of tuning and then just calling it a day.
I mean, people can see in my signature what earbuds I own and can see that I have heard a bunch of different earbuds that are pretty much viewed as some of the best ones.

BUT, what really irks me right now about the Mackie's are that it seems like my left earbud is faulty. It distorts like effing crazy if I raise the volume above 65% or so. No issue whatsoever with the right earbud at the same volume, so it's not the earbuds on a whole, and it didn't do this until this morning when I was sitting on the commute in and just heard a bunch of crackling. Maybe I shouldn't listen to them louder than 65%, but I still want the possibility to do so.

Jan 10, 2024 at 4:00 AM Post #59,590 of 62,387
Mine do reasonably well indoors with noises such as cancelling water running, or diminishing outside conversation but if I drop flatware in a metal sink, the sharp sound can produce painful amplified artifacts, perhaps exaggerated by the MEMs driver. I don't really have outdoor voice announcements where I live but maybe it's something similar.

Outdoors for me they are OK with normal city sounds, but poor in wind. I do find they are pretty good outside with ANC off because the detail of the driver compensates well for outside sounds and does not force me to raise the volume, and wind is negligible with ANC off. Hope that helps!
I guess the artifacts are similar to the ones i keep hearing everyday on my way to work, probably due to poor high frequencies reduction
At this point guess ill have to use them with ANC OFF on the road, while with ANC ON in trains and indoor, until creative may eventually try to fix it somehow…

Jan 10, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #59,592 of 62,387
Did anyone tried to put the NuraTrue Pro into the Denon Perl Pro case? I guess it will fit correctly, as size-wise they're the same, but will it charge correctly, since the software on DPP is slightly different (adjusted)?

Jan 10, 2024 at 8:05 AM Post #59,593 of 62,387
The creative ace 2 connects to my Samsung s23 ultra in LE audio mode. If I turn off LE audio mode in the Bluetooth settings on the phone, it connects in basic aptx. LE audio mode sounds more spatial and refined than aptx mode. Oh and in LE audio mode, the creative app would not connect to the earbuds, have to turn off LE audio mode and the creative app will be able to connect to the earbuds.
Is LE one of things included with UI 6 or did the S23 already have it?

Live in Canada using a Fold 4 so everything UI 6 has not hit here yet...
LE audio is different than the LC3 codec. I think S23 does not support LC3 yet.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 9:07 AM Post #59,594 of 62,387
Banging my head against the desk at the moment reading Nuarls Twitter.

They are hell bent on getting anc to work on their upcoming MEMs instead of just releasing what should otherwise be an incredible sounding tws.

I know the demand is there from consumers, but it's really at our detriment.

Depends on the use case, but one could argue that you don't need MEMS quality sound when you're out and about, and few will actually need ANC when they're listening at home. On the other hand, crazy hobbyists who own different TWS for different use cases are probably just a very thin slice of the consumer market.

For sound alone? Maybe. But xmems Cypress will be able to generate enough SPL for ANC while having the incredibly fast timing and accuracy to cancel even sporadic high frequency sounds. That to me is worth waiting for.

Let's wait and see. As I understand it, Cypress will generate sound from (modulated) ultrasound. And afaic, the jury is still out on whether this will deliver the same quality as pure MEMS. At least it's a more complex concept, probably something similar to what Sonic Emotion do with their Sonic Edge speaker.

Jan 10, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #59,595 of 62,387
With a sad face emoji, I hate to report that my Fokus prestige simply so not fit and are not comfortable. I tried the spring tips recommended by erockg. They stick out a mile. Don’t fit in my ear canal and work themselves out with any movement. I am bummed. I’ve tried several times with Noble and always land here. Am I the only one?

So very sad. I'm in love with mine. I did switch to the Moondrop spring tips. They're a little thinner than the Clarion. Did you try some glue? There's got to be a solution here. Comply tips? Hmm...

Sorry to hear you're having fit issues with the Prestige. I know if fit and comfort are not good, it pretty much renders the product unusable. Fortunately, I have unusually large ear canals and they fit like CIEMs for me. I used the default Large Ear tips that came with the Prestige and it's like a glove.

When I tried the Clarion, they have a similar effect, it doesn't stay secure in my ears and end up slipping out very easily. I've tried them with other IEMS and it has the same effect. I would maybe tip roll more with a softer silicone dome shapes or foam tips with a wide but short bore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back