Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 2, 2024 at 3:41 AM Post #59,281 of 62,809
So damn stupid, I won't be able to buy anything from Amazon US because they don't withdraw the money from your account/card right away when you make a purchase.
So it becomes a huge issue because I can only open up my debit card to international purchases for 60 minutes at a time.
Like WHYYY would they not withdraw the funds from your card instantly, it seems like a slight security issue overall...?

Jan 2, 2024 at 4:19 AM Post #59,282 of 62,809
So damn stupid, I won't be able to buy anything from Amazon US because they don't withdraw the money from your account/card right away when you make a purchase.
So it becomes a huge issue because I can only open up my debit card to international purchases for 60 minutes at a time.
Like WHYYY would they not withdraw the funds from your card instantly, it seems like a slight security issue overall...?

Did you try to use Amazon gift card, use your CC to up your balance and then pay via gift card? Might be a viable workaround.

Jan 2, 2024 at 4:57 AM Post #59,283 of 62,809
If I were to say my TWS budget is $99 (which is about 35% of what my phone cost!), which TWS would you reccomend? Comfort, some sort of ANC and transparency mode would be my preference.
I think you can spend a lot less and get something pretty decent, but to get something particularly good you have to spend a bit more.

1More Pistonbuds Pro Q30 are great. Roughly $50, good ANC, Harman tuning, some customisation in the app. Wind Noise Reduction and Spatial Audio are usable.
Soundpeats Air4 Pro are solid. ANC is good, mics are good too. Medium insertion so pretty comfortable too.
QCY HT05 - for $30 you're getting far better sound than the price. Lots of customisation over controls, ANC, tuning, etc.
Realme Buds Air 5 Pro - haven't done the review on these yet but impressed so far. Don't think they sound quite as good as the others out of the box but so many features and very comfortable.

The stuff in the $50-100 category isn't worth the extra spend IMO. Soundcore has a really nice app but their house sound is too bloated (edit - not including the Liberty 3 Pro or Space A40), same for Earfun.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 5:07 AM Post #59,284 of 62,809
If I were to say my TWS budget is $99 (which is about 35% of what my phone cost!), which TWS would you reccomend? Comfort, some sort of ANC and transparency mode would be my preference.
The Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro. On offer if you look around...well tuned with, LDAC, APTX etc. Tuned by music producers. Very good.

The Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro. On offer if you look around...well tuned with, LDAC, APTX etc. Tuned by music producers. Very good.
https://www.amazon.com/Soundcore-Liberty-Cancelling-Wireless-Playtime/dp/B09CGM1BWH?th=1

There are other offers on ebay.com

Jan 2, 2024 at 6:15 AM Post #59,285 of 62,809
I really do not want to get into the weeds of that question, as it kinda reveals where we (Noble) focuses on in order to improve tws products.
In other words...no clue!

Jan 2, 2024 at 8:00 AM Post #59,286 of 62,809
Falcon Max: I had 5 minutes with them today and here some thoughts:
First of all, my ears are old, the noisy in-store setting at e-earphone is not ideal for critical listening and I am a fanboy of ANC while leaning towards basshead.

That being said, I am probably not the audience for those. Some observations though: I had to crank up the volume on my iPhone to 11 to be able to hear anything over the store background sound ... the ANC does not make a huge difference ... maybe does a better job in planes / trains ...
The app was only half connected somehow, able to identify the buds by name, but no other info (like battery per bud) and some connection error message.
As for the sound, there was a bit of an over the top clarity in the highs .. like super crystal clear (i guess that's so shiny new magic drivers in there) .. the bass on the other hand was .. eh, maybe better suited for the 'balanced' crowd.

Again, lots of salt on everything I say, very subjective, no chance of tip rolling, people actually standing behind me waiting their turn. The buds look very pretty and fit was decent with the either small or mid size tips that were on.

Price in store at e-earphone was 39400Yen and I recall that in the past they offered international shipping.

Jan 2, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #59,287 of 62,809
Strange rule but most people prefer that they don’t charge until shipping.

Jan 2, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #59,288 of 62,809
First of all, my ears are old, the noisy in-store setting at e-earphone is not ideal for critical listening and I am a fanboy of ANC while leaning towards basshead.

That being said, I am probably not the audience for those. Some observations though: I had to crank up the volume on my iPhone to 11 to be able to hear anything over the store background sound ... the ANC does not make a huge difference ... maybe does a better job in planes / trains ...
The app was only half connected somehow, able to identify the buds by name, but no other info (like battery per bud) and some connection error message.
As for the sound, there was a bit of an over the top clarity in the highs .. like super crystal clear (i guess that's so shiny new magic drivers in there) .. the bass on the other hand was .. eh, maybe better suited for the 'balanced' crowd.

Again, lots of salt on everything I say, very subjective, no chance of tip rolling, people actually standing behind me waiting their turn. The buds look very pretty and fit was decent with the either small or mid size tips that were on.

Price in store at e-earphone was 39400Yen and I recall that in the past they offered international shipping.
Screenshot_20240102-051057_Chrome.jpg

Jan 2, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #59,291 of 62,809
Creative ace 2.

IMG-1509.jpg

The highs and mids coming form the xMEMs driver are on another level. It’s so fast, so clear, so crisp and keeping sibilance in check all at the same time. Listening to the same piece of music on the ace 2, it’s as if the music is remastered at super ultra pro max HD resolution. And all this only on iPhone AAC. Impressive.

Jan 2, 2024 at 8:58 AM Post #59,292 of 62,809

They support proxy buying services, but for some products they are not allowed to do so. For example Sony Walkman or the above mentioned TWS.

You can, however, always just use an shipping service. That should work with every product they have

Jan 2, 2024 at 9:00 AM Post #59,294 of 62,809
Creative ace 2.

IMG-1509.jpg

The highs and mids coming form the xMEMs driver are on another level. It’s so fast, so clear, so crisp and keeping sibilance in check all at the same time. Listening to the same piece of music on the ace 2, it’s as if the music is remastered at super ultra pro max HD resolution. And all this only on iPhone AAC. Impressive.
You'll be blown away even more if you add Aptx Lossless

Jan 2, 2024 at 9:03 AM Post #59,295 of 62,809
Did you try to use Amazon gift card, use your CC to up your balance and then pay via gift card? Might be a viable workaround.
That probably won't work, because the gift cards that I would be able to purchase here where I'm at would only work for our domestic Amazon store I'm almost entirely sure of.
And if I were to buy it online from Amazon I would run into the same issue again... with the money not being able to be withdrawn. Unless they have to withdraw the funds for the gift card right away because it's supposed to be an instantaneously working thing, but i'm not sure how likely that is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back