Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 24, 2023 at 10:23 PM Post #59,011 of 62,435
The tips are proprietary but some here have successfully used Bose tips.

I am satisfied with the tips they come with. I just had to get used to them feeling loose due to their design. Once I stopped worrying I now just enjoy them and have stopped fiddling with them.

I actually struggle to use other TWS now because they don't feel as comfortable.

I too think the elite 10s sound fantastic, with a refined and balanced sound. The fit however was a reason to return therm. I missed the snug and secure fit which the Jabra T75 do offer. Also the passive noise cancellation of the T75 seem a bit better, which is a huge plus in the gym.

I was fiddling with the elite 10s more than I hoped for in search for a adequate fit. Now reading your comment, it makes me wonder if I have been too impatient with them and should give the elite 10s another chance. There are not a lot of alternative TWS which offer a discrete look, quality sound and physical button control.

Dec 24, 2023 at 11:33 PM Post #59,012 of 62,435
I felt that way with the Elite 10 at the start. I just persevered until I got used to the different feeling of the tips and now they no longer bother me and normal tips feel a bit uncomfortable LOL.

But the passive isolation is definitely less than typical TWS.

Dec 25, 2023 at 3:08 AM Post #59,015 of 62,435
After checking lots of reviews, and searching here. I decided to pick up some Sony Linkbuds S.. looks like they’re close to the XM5’s in performance and on sale for $129 at Best Buy…. I bought the original linkbuds (donut) drivers earlier this year..
They're 169$ CAD for Boxing Day which is the same sale price they had intermittently since last year (Black Friday, Prime Day, etc.), but this year the blue ones seem more readily available and not just an online exclusive. I have the cream ones which are my daily driver because of the ANC and fit, and am tempted to get a blue one as a backup pair though I feel like the sound is underwhelming. They are nicely laid back for dozing off on a commute but I wish they had better detail and bass impact. The EQ app just makes the bass sound "puffy" and treble sound metalic.

Here in Canada Boxing Day seems rather disappointing as last year, most stuff were at similar or lower sale prices on Black Friday...

Dec 25, 2023 at 3:48 AM Post #59,016 of 62,435
I felt that way with the Elite 10 at the start. I just persevered until I got used to the different feeling of the tips and now they no longer bother me and normal tips feel a bit uncomfortable LOL.

But the passive isolation is definitely less than typical TWS.
Passive isolation is fine to me with the Bose tips too though (like, a lot better), and the ANC became A LOT better too.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 4:54 AM Post #59,017 of 62,435
Are you talking about the buds or the headphones here?

Are you also from Sweden btw? Didn't know we had 3 Swedes here in that case.
God jul!

I'm Australian but partner is swedish, here to visit her family for Christmas. Come here once or twice a year.

And it was the headphones I tried. Made me want to try the earbud Ultra but it was locked away in its little glass prison.

Dec 25, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #59,020 of 62,435
I need to eat a little crow, or whatever it is you eat after realizing that you publicly and unfairly maligned some headphones.

After disabling ANC the Creative Aurvana Ace have become a keeper for me. The bass is now very controlled and the sound stage is cohesive. I was up late last night replaying everything anything I could think of. The xmems driver is truly more revealing than anything else I've heard.

Also, enabling what my pixel 8 pro calls Experimental LE Audio in the Bluetooth connection settings now allows these to connect without issue, but I can't get into the app. I'm not sure what codec it is using because developer options now only shows this
1000003913.png

All told it is sort of hard to describe the sound that xmems bring. They somehow broaden the soundscape tremendously, but at the same time, at least with these, the depth is sometimes lacking. Raising the volume helps, though, which in this case is not too bad because there is no discernible distortion.

At $150 spent ages ago, these are very much worth keeping for. But I think It's probably worth waiting for whatever Noble cooks up with its xmems Fokus. Given the whole dual driver thing, I think it may be a case where ANC could be a sound spoiler, so I wouldn't be concerned for now if that's not a feature. I'll wait for the xmems Cyprus for that.

Dec 25, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #59,022 of 62,435
Merry Xmas all!

which Bose tips? The ones on the current tws or the old school sport tips?
The current TWS ones! None of the ones on the Elite 10's fit that well to me, or they felt okay but sounded slightly thin and the ANC was weak af, but the L Bose TWS tips work great.

Dec 25, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #59,023 of 62,435
Hi merry X-Mas to all !

I am on the market for new IEMs and I would like some help choosing.

I had previously Sony XM4s (victim of the battery issue twice, including once outside warranty period meaning they're e-waste now) and Technics AZ80 (I loved the sound and ANC, but fit was an issue). Would you recommend any models (flagship or not) which could fit my priorities:
- Sound quality (i listen to diverse genres but I do prefer a slight V signature)
- ANC
- as a bonus, APTX or LDAC capabilities

I do have a budget around 300 USD.

Thanks for your help :)

Dec 25, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #59,024 of 62,435
Hi merry X-Mas to all !

I am on the market for new IEMs and I would like some help choosing.

I had previously Sony XM4s (victim of the battery issue twice, including once outside warranty period meaning they're e-waste now) and Technics AZ80 (I loved the sound and ANC, but fit was an issue). Would you recommend any models (flagship or not) which could fit my priorities:
- Sound quality (i listen to diverse genres but I do prefer a slight V signature)
- ANC
- as a bonus, APTX or LDAC capabilities

I do have a budget around 300 USD.

Thanks for your help :)
You sound like you're a future version of me. I have the XM4s as well that have the battery issue, and I ordered a battery replacement kit off Amazon. I assume I'll eventually have to replace these; I was looking at the AZ80, but I was also looking at the MW09. It's worth noting I have not heard either the AZ80 or the MW09. MW09 is like 350-400 USD though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back