Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 14, 2023 at 6:21 AM Post #58,067 of 62,746
Tempting... because wild hairs grow.

BTW, new Devialet G2 firmware update in the app. Doing it now.
Whatā€™s the updates and did it improve anything?

I am not going to get them unless they can do a high resolution setting (no ANC or transparency)

Nov 14, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #58,068 of 62,746
got to love the stellar reviews by people who got free buds to hype it up. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Attachments

• IMG_7523.png
    IMG_7523.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Nov 14, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #58,072 of 62,746
My recollection is M&D ships from the west coast so these are like 3 weeks away. Buzzkill. Iā€™ll wait for Best Buy or Amazon at this point. What a strange release.
Youā€™re right, they do ship from here on the West Coast. It says November 22 for me so Iā€™m just gonna hold tight. Plus honestly, they shouldā€™ve given us former buyers, a coupon code or something. That wouldā€™ve been an easier pill to swallow.

Nov 14, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #58,073 of 62,746
Whatā€™s the updates and did it improve anything?

I am not going to get them unless they can do a high resolution setting (no ANC or transparency)
I didnā€™t look, so Iā€™m not sure. Probably just bug fixes and adjustments. At least theyā€™re showing them love. Theyā€™re one of my favorites in my collection.

Nov 14, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #58,074 of 62,746
Youā€™re right, they do ship from here on the West Coast. It says November 22 for me so Iā€™m just gonna hold tight. Plus honestly, they shouldā€™ve given us former buyers, a coupon code or something. That wouldā€™ve been an easier pill to swallow.
Same boat. 1. Don't give me a 3 week launch window. Make them available immediately or just wait. 2. Slow ass shipping from the West Coast (for me at least). 3. I don't like the case/color combo arrangement. Looks like $399 is the price for anything I'd want. 4. Tell me why they are better.

For now, I'm passing. Will wait for more reviews, potential use of rewards points. Plus a stingy 14-day return policy.

Nov 14, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #58,075 of 62,746
Same boat. 1. Don't give me a 3 week launch window. Make them available immediately or just wait. 2. Slow ass shipping from the West Coast (for me at least). 3. I don't like the case/color combo arrangement. Looks like $399 is the price for anything I'd want. 4. Tell me why they are better.

For now, I'm passing. Will wait for more reviews, potential use of rewards points. Plus a stingy 14-day return policy.
Amazon is life.

Nov 14, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #58,077 of 62,746
$380 after tax for the MW09 šŸ˜­
Looking forward to your impressions. I didn't realize some colors are cheaper. Have my eyes on the white ones.
My recollection is M&D ships from the west coast so these are like 3 weeks away. Buzzkill. Iā€™ll wait for Best Buy or Amazon at this point. What a strange release.
Will likely wait for it to be available locally as well. Not expecting it to be the best in sound for my taste but I always liked and miss their buttons, which I still think was one of the best designs. I still use my MW07 Go once in a while to watch a movie or TV on my computer, although lack of single bud use and transparency annoys me. May finally be time to retire those (had them since they launched I think). The MW07 Go weathered many workouts, drops in the snow and rainy commutes and even the fabric case has somehow managed to stay intact. Hopefully the M&D quality is still up there.

Unrelated but we recently had the birth of our second child and my over ear headphones have been getting very limited use (pretty much only my Px7 S2 for commuting now) because they are just not practical when you only (sometimes) have one free hand. I had been mostly using my Aone 2 Noire for wired and Px8/Aonic 50s for bluetooth at home but was reminded of how useful TWS can be at home too. Intersstingly, I find myself reaching for the Elite 10 a lot these days over my MTW3 because they are so much more comfortable for me.

Nov 14, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #58,079 of 62,746

Users who are viewing this thread

Back