Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 8, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #57,961 of 63,208
Lol well this Velacy competitor came around was faster than I expected 😂

The dongle adapter looks perfect. Been waiting for someone to make a reasonably sized on designed for movement outdoors
I take it this would allow me to use LE on my Samsung assuming Samsung never supports it natively. Very interesting. Will be watching for reviews of this one... $200 JLAB who would have thunk it :xf_cool:

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #57,962 of 63,208
What Sennheisers? Have you used them with the iFi Go Pods?

Do you mind explaining to me the controls and battery life of the Shure TW2 vs iFi Go Pods... I'm assuming the Go Pods don't use bluetooth?

My wallet just kicked me in the nuts and ran away...

Damn I thought the connectors looked very similar... I have SE535's and am trying to decide between the IE600's, IE500 Pro's, IE900's or sticking with a Shure like the SE535 SE's or SE846's...

Is the Shure connector the same as the iFi Go Pods one?
the connectors are the same, it's just the sleeve sits far enough up on the MMCx connectors to not allow them to snap in place. That is the same with other ear hooks like the Fiio UTWS3/5 hooks. Not sure on the iFi Go Pods, but guessing it is the same. Most general MMCx cables also pose the same issue with the IEx series. Cables have gotten better as of recent for this though.

Nov 8, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #57,964 of 63,208
Damn that Velasis dongle is even affordable!

So with that you could actually use APTx Lossless on any phone or laptop that had a USB A/C port?

Nov 9, 2023 at 5:51 AM Post #57,966 of 63,208
Well, i'm just a glutton for punishment :)

Decided to go for the DPP's one last time.... got a new set direct from Denon (again) and noticed that i had immediately a firmware update.
In any case this 4th set is technically perfect and glitch/issue free.
So no idea if the FW update was the fix or not.

Now i'm using Tidal too i can definitely hear the difference in these to my others. The sound is much more full bodied and rich.

ANC is the strongest / most complete coverage than all of my other buds by a good measure.
The fit is still one of the nicest and most secure for me as long as i run very shallow tips (CP1025 for TWS) which also helps ANC + bass response (not that these were ever lacking)

But get that sub-bass rumble from these more than any other.
Gonna step off the TWS bandwagon for a while now and wait for the next major evolution in SQ like the new Wifi thing that's coming

Nov 9, 2023 at 6:13 AM Post #57,967 of 63,208
FWIW: I love the B&O sound, that't why I have both the in ear EX and the over ear H95, and I love the design :sunglasses:
How's the volume? That is really the only complaint I hear.

Nov 9, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #57,968 of 63,208
Well, i'm just a glutton for punishment :)

Decided to go for the DPP's one last time.... got a new set direct from Denon (again) and noticed that i had immediately a firmware update.
In any case this 4th set is technically perfect and glitch/issue free.
So no idea if the FW update was the fix or not.

Now i'm using Tidal too i can definitely hear the difference in these to my others. The sound is much more full bodied and rich.

ANC is the strongest / most complete coverage than all of my other buds by a good measure.
The fit is still one of the nicest and most secure for me as long as i run very shallow tips (CP1025 for TWS) which also helps ANC + bass response (not that these were ever lacking)

But get that sub-bass rumble from these more than any other.
Gonna step off the TWS bandwagon for a while now and wait for the next major evolution in SQ like the new Wifi thing that's coming
Did you re-do the sound calibration or use previously done ones? Curious.

Nov 9, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #57,969 of 63,208
Did you re-do the sound calibration or use previously done ones? Curious.
When i had the previous returned sets i would have a very pronounced crackle noise in one side or the other (different sets had different issues) when ANC was on
I could be in a quiet room with ANC enabled and then speak or make a noise near one of the buds and rather than hearing the muted sound i would hear a sound as if it had a loose wire (literal static/crackle)

With ambient sound mode enabled the issue would be even more evident as the sound being passed through had this crackle really enhanced.
I tried factory resetting, redoing profiles etc but in the end returned the previous sets.

With one of the sets i did go through Denon customer support and they just kept asking vague questions and in the end said "we think it's a hardware fault - return"

This newest set i literally took out of the box, paired to phone, launched the app and it said update firmware so i did. Then i went through the new profile creation process and this set is flawless.

Nov 9, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #57,970 of 63,208
FYI if you seen me mention I had ordered a Intel BE200 WIFI5/BT4 card it arrived.

The issue I and a few others have is unlike previous Intel WIFI/BT cards it has Type E slot not Type A+E so it does not fit my hardware or adapters so beware if you buy one.

AX210:

61JEvHVYyuL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

BE200:

618s8cIU-yL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #57,971 of 63,208
AT TWX7 now with LDAC....
1699537006715.png

1699537034529.png

Nov 9, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #57,972 of 63,208
I think I'm done with my DPP, which I'm actually really sad at, as the sound when it's all hanging together is the best I've heard.

The volume, in theory, gets super loud, which is great, but from maybe three or four notches from the maximum, on both sets I've had so far, the sound will kind of fade out a bit on one side, maybe for a few seconds at a time. It won't disconnect or anything, but the soundstage kind of collapses on itself, really distracting, and totally ruins any immersion I'm feeling (and it is a lot on those buds!)

Fit is perfect too, in case anyone's wondering there. I use high gain mode too, but the same happens when I max out the regular volume, so I'm not pushing it unreasonably hard.

To make matters worse, my old Nuratrue handles the same volume with no issues at all. Yes, that doesn't have the same big bass, or the newer codecs, but my phone's Snapdragon Sound is broken anyway. All round disappointing experience, really.

Has anyone else experienced similar?

Nov 9, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #57,974 of 63,208
Creative xmems!

https://www.engadget.com/creative-u...s-headphones-with-mems-drivers-110525999.html

More details here:
https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/creative-aurvana-ace-2-xmems-drivers/

The Creative Aurvana Ace will retail for $130 and the Creative Aurvana Ace 2 will go for $150. Along with MEMS, both earbuds also have hybrid ANC, six built-in microphones and up to 24 hours of playtime. Each set is also IPX5 certified, meaning you can sweat all you want while wearing them. They are available for pre-order starting November 10, though an official release date has yet to be announced.

Apparently they're using xMems drivers AND DD.

These could replace my Enco X2 but I'm a little reserved at the moment given the 'cheap' price of them. Will probably order if they ever show up on Amazon, will wait for lots of reviews if not.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #57,975 of 63,208
Creative xmems!

https://www.engadget.com/creative-u...s-headphones-with-mems-drivers-110525999.html

More details here:
https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/creative-aurvana-ace-2-xmems-drivers/

The Creative Aurvana Ace will retail for $130 and the Creative Aurvana Ace 2 will go for $150. Along with MEMS, both earbuds also have hybrid ANC, six built-in microphones and up to 24 hours of playtime. Each set is also IPX5 certified, meaning you can sweat all you want while wearing them. They are available for pre-order starting November 10, though an official release date has yet to be announced.

Apparently they're using xMems drivers AND DD.
They are kinda like early BA was so you pretty much have to use with a DD at this point. This is early and yes they are much cheaper than top tier so these are a taste of it but probably not the thing that will be the top of the mountain right out of the gate. Doubt everybody Mystiques will be gathering dust in favor of Ace 2's. I could be wrong and that would be more fun. :)

Damn! The shape is really odd, no?
Newer yes, but wonder if it’s an upgrade over the TWX9.
Same driver. They do have the specs as 10-40,000 for the TWX9 and 10-47,000 with the LDAC on the TWX7. Are they gonna try to advance and realize the TWX9 is old now or are they trying to protect it as a higher model is an interesting question. If better it would likely only be slightly improved treble like we hear some describe LDAC vs. Adaptive with some better air and detail up top.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back