Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 31, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #57,811 of 62,968
So now we have three (4 if you count the wired Svanar), Svanar, Svanar LE and Svanar Jr. What’s the difference between each of the variants?
Ok, so this is my basic understanding,

Svanar is flagship, has the custom amp thingy and dac and ldac etc..

Svanar LE has similar setup bu tno LDAC support (maybe different bluetooth chip then?)

Svanar Jr has similar to LE but no fancy dac amp part.

Same formfactor. Same driver. Same case (it seems from pictures).

The thing that throws me is that the price points are pretty different, for what seems like, quite small feature differences.

How different will the sound be between the Jr and the regular if same turning and driver?

Oct 31, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #57,812 of 62,968

Svanar LE has similar setup bu tno LDAC support (maybe different bluetooth chip then?)

The thing that throws me is that the price points are pretty different, for what seems like, quite small feature differences.

How different will the sound be between the Jr and the regular if same turning and driver?
I believe the Svanar flagship has a wireless charging case too. But strange strategy however Apple does do similar with the AirPods/AirPods Pro.

That said I’m guessing the Jr drops ANC also along with deleting the R2R DAC of the higher end trims.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2023 at 11:03 PM Post #57,813 of 62,968
So I got my MTBs today. Quick testing session. First (well, second) impression - they are still great. Lovely sound. I just love how guitars sound on them. I didn't figure out exactly, if they sound a bit too artificial or just amazing, but it was nice how MTBs draw my attention to guitars. Treble sounds really great as well, crisp, but not too bright and just right amount of bass (for the most part).
Soundstage is nice, but its not really "in front" of me, but rather inside my head/on top. Placement could be better. On classical music I feel like timing might be slightly off? And I do miss some depth of timber in vocals.

I did a small run with them and took them to the gym. Outside - cant use ANC, cause they will pick up all the wind noise. Occlusion sound is decent, you hear it, but its not the worst. They were comfy and secure for 2 hours, I never had a feeling they might fall out.
In the gym I didnt really notice much difference between ANC on and OFF. Imo, ANC is really week on them. Probably miles after Bose, Apple, Sony. As productred mentioned, the seal is pretty good so passive NC is very decent. I did not had issues while running outside, but personally I do prefer to have ANC on to get "complete silence".
I didnt figure out how to increase/reduce volume on the buds (at least its not intuitive for me) and I didnt see option to change touches/commands in the app. Which at 400$ is not good enough imo.

Did I enjoy them? For sure! Will I keep them? Not so sure - maybe. I need to test them more. Despite small issues, I doubt there are many better sounding buds. But volume/touch control are important for me, as well as ANC with no wind noise.

Tomorrow Ill try to find some time to test/review 5-10 songs, comparing them with wired IEM with dac and speakers (not fair, but its not about fairness).
Agree on ANC, using these for office but I do enjoy it's tuning so staying with them. Also enjoy they are compact and case is small

Oct 31, 2023 at 11:29 PM Post #57,814 of 62,968
So I got my MTBs today. Quick testing session. First (well, second) impression - they are still great. Lovely sound. I just love how guitars sound on them. I didn't figure out exactly, if they sound a bit too artificial or just amazing, but it was nice how MTBs draw my attention to guitars. Treble sounds really great as well, crisp, but not too bright and just right amount of bass (for the most part).
Soundstage is nice, but its not really "in front" of me, but rather inside my head/on top. Placement could be better. On classical music I feel like timing might be slightly off? And I do miss some depth of timber in vocals.

I did a small run with them and took them to the gym. Outside - cant use ANC, cause they will pick up all the wind noise. Occlusion sound is decent, you hear it, but its not the worst. They were comfy and secure for 2 hours, I never had a feeling they might fall out.
In the gym I didnt really notice much difference between ANC on and OFF. Imo, ANC is really week on them. Probably miles after Bose, Apple, Sony. As productred mentioned, the seal is pretty good so passive NC is very decent. I did not had issues while running outside, but personally I do prefer to have ANC on to get "complete silence".
I didnt figure out how to increase/reduce volume on the buds (at least its not intuitive for me) and I didnt see option to change touches/commands in the app. Which at 400$ is not good enough imo.

Did I enjoy them? For sure! Will I keep them? Not so sure - maybe. I need to test them more. Despite small issues, I doubt there are many better sounding buds. But volume/touch control are important for me, as well as ANC with no wind noise.

Tomorrow Ill try to find some time to test/review 5-10 songs, comparing them with wired IEM with dac and speakers (not fair, but its not about fairness).

The MTB may be the only TWS I am comfy listening to classical music with now, not comparing to wired options but at least they are tonally accurate and comes with the most "correct" soundstage amongst TWS. Guitars too, good attack, timber and speed.

Not having volume control on the touch controls is a weird design choice, doesn't bother me a lot but is something I'd prefer to have.

It's still not "wired" good but for me the enjoyment factor means it is good enough to oust the wired options most of the time (sound means a lot, but convenience can mean a lot too for enjoyment purpose - same reason why I've always preferred my good old ZX507 to my better sounding WM1AM2).

Nov 1, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #57,816 of 62,968
The MTB may be the only TWS I am comfy listening to classical music with now, not comparing to wired options but at least they are tonally accurate and comes with the most "correct" soundstage amongst TWS. Guitars too, good attack, timber and speed.

Not having volume control on the touch controls is a weird design choice, doesn't bother me a lot but is something I'd prefer to have.

It's still not "wired" good but for me the enjoyment factor means it is good enough to oust the wired options most of the time (sound means a lot, but convenience can mean a lot too for enjoyment purpose - same reason why I've always preferred my good old ZX507 to my better sounding WM1AM2).
You like these better than the Final and Nobles?

Nov 1, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #57,817 of 62,968
Soundcore AeroFit and AeroFit Pro... https://us.soundcore.com/products/aerofit-pro-a3871011?ref=navimenu_1_1_img
1698845711396.png

JVC also working on open style with the new Nearphones NP50T...
1698845541880.png

Nov 1, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #57,818 of 62,968
Soundcore AeroFit and AeroFit Pro... https://us.soundcore.com/products/aerofit-pro-a3871011?ref=navimenu_1_1_img
1698845711396.png

JVC also working on open style with the new Nearphones NP50T...
1698845541880.png
I've tried both Soundpeats and Fiio (jade) "open" buds ... in both cases they were "ok" at best.
They claim rich sound etc but there is very little to be had ... you kinda get used to the sound after a while and there is a bass of sorts but it's not in the slightest satisfying
I'd say if you just want to listen to something and have 100% ability to hear surroundings then yeah --there's a use case for them but i would never use them at home

Nov 1, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #57,819 of 62,968

seems the latter adds water protection.

Nov 1, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #57,820 of 62,968
Nov 1, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #57,821 of 62,968
@james444 @regancipher
Can you refer some in-ear tws about $30? Havit, Soul, QCY, Soundpeats, ...
In Vietnam, QCY ht05 about $20 (sale off, new without warranty), Huawei Freebuds 5i about $45 (used with wanrranty, over budget).
Does ht05 have disadvantages?
Thanks

HT05 have only few disadvantages in my book. One is that the app sometimes fails to connect to the buds. However, once you've established your settings for EQ and touch controls, you'll actually rarely ever need the app again. The other thing, ANC is decent, but not quite as strong as e.g. on the more recent Baseus M2s. But that's pretty much all I can think of, for $20 they're a steal imo. (Disclaimer: I haven't tested call quality though, as I don't use my TWS for calls.)

Nov 1, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #57,822 of 62,968
Today, I took the MTBs for a walk my dog, and I'm pretty sure they are going back.

While their sound quality remains as impressive as my initial impressions suggested, there are certain aspects that fall short. If SQ is your priority, these might be among the best True Wireless (TW) earbuds available. They're ideal for quiet settings like an office, car rides, leisurely strolls in a desolate park, or while relaxing in an airport business lounge. However, external noises tend to diminish their appeal.

While they offer decent passive NC, the almost total absence of effective ANC is a huge let down. Even with ANC enabled, sounds like distant cars or airplanes taking off are clearly audible. When outside and ANC ON, even the faintest breezes are amplified, making it useless outside.
Once I got to a more central street and ANC of, it was hard to enjoy the music. Additionally, the touch controls occasionally lag and aren't always responsive—this is the first pair of earbuds where I've faced this issue. The absence of onboard volume controls is also inconvenient and no go for me. For instance, adjusting the volume while running and streaming music from my watch becomes a hideous task.

I still didn't have time to make a detailed sound/song review with them, Ill get to it eventually. They do deserve to get the credit for their sound.

As a total package and for my use (walks outside around the city, running, gym), unfortunately, I cant recommend them. I do find that MTW3 at 140$ gives a better experience - at 1/3 of the price.

Next for me is to try AZ80... or go for Gemini 2? They have amazing (at least inside) but I was not to impressed with way to aggressive bass and sound they had.

Nov 1, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #57,823 of 62,968
Today, I took the MTBs for a walk my dog, and I'm pretty sure they are going back.

While their sound quality remains as impressive as my initial impressions suggested, there are certain aspects that fall short. If SQ is your priority, these might be among the best True Wireless (TW) earbuds available. They're ideal for quiet settings like an office, car rides, leisurely strolls in a desolate park, or while relaxing in an airport business lounge. However, external noises tend to diminish their appeal.

While they offer decent passive NC, the almost total absence of effective ANC is a huge let down. Even with ANC enabled, sounds like distant cars or airplanes taking off are clearly audible. When outside and ANC ON, even the faintest breezes are amplified, making it useless outside.
Once I got to a more central street and ANC of, it was hard to enjoy the music. Additionally, the touch controls occasionally lag and aren't always responsive—this is the first pair of earbuds where I've faced this issue. The absence of onboard volume controls is also inconvenient and no go for me. For instance, adjusting the volume while running and streaming music from my watch becomes a hideous task.

I still didn't have time to make a detailed sound/song review with them, Ill get to it eventually. They do deserve to get the credit for their sound.

As a total package and for my use (walks outside around the city, running, gym), unfortunately, I cant recommend them. I do find that MTW3 at 140$ gives a better experience - at 1/3 of the price.

Next for me is to try AZ80... or go for Gemini 2? They have amazing (at least inside) but I was not to impressed with way to aggressive bass and sound they had.
Just try the PerL Pro or Bose if ANC performance is a priority.

Nov 1, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #57,824 of 62,968
HT05 have only few disadvantages in my book. One is that the app sometimes fails to connect to the buds. However, once you've established your settings for EQ and touch controls, you'll actually rarely ever need the app again. The other thing, ANC is decent, but not quite as strong as e.g. on the more recent Baseus M2s. But that's pretty much all I can think of, for $20 they're a steal imo. (Disclaimer: I haven't tested call quality though, as I don't use my TWS for calls.)
Do you have any recommends else?
$20 like Black Friday in EU and NA.

Nov 1, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #57,825 of 62,968

Thanks for the detailed impressions - I have a hard time forking out 400 for them when I can get the AirPods pro 2 for 189... (I already have the Svanar) the only exception is if the call quality is as good as apple inside... as I mostly would use them around the house or in quiet locations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back