Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 28, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #57,766 of 62,418
https://final--inc-com.translate.go...l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=sv&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Meh, very subtle improvements for the MK II... Basically a new eartip and slightly increased volume potential?

Extremely disappointed, I was hoping for a larger battery and new SoC. The 8K setting sounds amazing, but it's totally useless because it cuts down on the battery life which is already pretty bad to beging with.

Honestly one of the weakest upgrades I've seen in this product field.

Also the same huge case without wireless charging...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231028-090159~2.png
    Screenshot_20231028-090159~2.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 28, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #57,767 of 62,418
https://final--inc-com.translate.go...l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=sv&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Meh, very subtle improvements for the MK II... Basically a new eartip and slightly increased volume potential?

Extremely disappointed, I was hoping for a larger battery and new SoC. The 8K setting sounds amazing, but it's totally useless because it cuts down on the battery life which is already pretty bad to beging with.

Where do you figure there is volume improvement?

I probably wouldnt spend the same money on them but I would be interested in trying as the only issue I had with the original was volume. Would want to see what happens as they go louder.

Stage was intimate for me but I did love the colour and thickness of music with them.

Always thought it was kinda lame that they claim ultra low distortion without allowing the volume to go high to really see. As well as the ANC claim without allowing you to use a neutral setting.

Also I've never experienced distortion on an iem or tws but the 0.001% distortion claims never disappear from marketing.

Oct 28, 2023 at 4:28 AM Post #57,768 of 62,418
Oct 28, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #57,770 of 62,418

Interesting looking eartips. Might give them a whirl when they show up this side of the planet

Oct 28, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #57,771 of 62,418
"In addition, the maximum volume has been improved by 5dB, making it easier to listen at your preferred volume."
Cheers.

Noob question but is 5db much? On the average phone how many volume clicks would that be?

Oct 28, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #57,773 of 62,418
Where do you figure there is volume improvement?

I probably wouldnt spend the same money on them but I would be interested in trying as the only issue I had with the original was volume. Would want to see what happens as they go louder.

Stage was intimate for me but I did love the colour and thickness of music with them.

Always thought it was kinda lame that they claim ultra low distortion without allowing the volume to go high to really see. As well as the ANC claim without allowing you to use a neutral setting.

Also I've never experienced distortion on an iem or tws but the 0.001% distortion claims never disappear from marketing.

I agree that's a catch 22. only real way to know how the signal will distort is to further increase the volume pot, I think alot of wireless mfg do this like sony,apple,etc I found the volume for the Bluetooth just to not be as sufficient as it should be.

Oct 28, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #57,774 of 62,418
Oct 28, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #57,775 of 62,418
If they don't sell the price will drop... currently saying normal $129 so unless they don't have many the price will likely drop.

Oct 29, 2023 at 1:33 AM Post #57,777 of 62,418
With every 3dB sound doubles so not sure what that means for those.
Isn't it the other way around? When you double the sound (or rather add another identical source) the overall sound pressure increases by 3db? i.e. you have 1 source (e.g. speaker) playing at certain level, you add 1 identical and you gain 3db then you add another 1 you gain another 3db, etc.

Oct 29, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #57,779 of 62,418
Is call quality this bad on Bose QC Ultra buds??

The Ultras look to be similar to my QC2 which are good enough when it is quiet but my experience outside when walking next to a street is they are poor. I’d concur with the tests…I put on my APP2 when I want to talk and walk.

Having said that the fit, the aware mode, the lack of ‘thump’ and the variable noise cancelling still make them my favourite for long walks…

Oct 29, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #57,780 of 62,418
The Ultras look to be similar to my QC2 which are good enough when it is quiet but my experience outside when walking next to a street is they are poor. I’d concur with the tests…I put on my APP2 when I want to talk and walk.

Having said that the fit, the aware mode, the lack of ‘thump’ and the variable noise cancelling still make them my favourite for long walks…
Thanks... I just purchased them solely for the ANC. I hated the thumping sounds while walking on my last Edifier buds. These are the best ANC birds for sure. Going to look for third party tips now.

Also noticed the call volume is much lower as compared to AZ80 or Buds2Pro. Bose app doesn't reconnect the ear buds 70% of the time on Samsung S23. Have to do the special dance...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back