Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 26, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #57,751 of 63,207
Skeptical. They haven't even nailed Bluetooth yet and now they're claiming seamless crossover from BT to wifi.

Also not sure why you would need this. Cutouts are worse outdoors and ain't no wifi there. Maybe in the gym? And maybe so you dont have the excruciating experience of carrying your phone with you at home.

All that aside. Advancements are cool.
Probably works on WiFi Direct, The same method that you use to pair your printer to your network. Since TWS can do multipoint for a while now this is the next extension of that. So even if you are out in the woods, your phone can have its own WiFi connection to the TWS to get and transfer your tunes. Downside is that this is the latest chipset , so it’s going to be a while before you’ll see smaller companies and DAPs compatible with this technology. Maybe Sony will release a DAP with this tech but all the rest, it’s going to be years before they have access to this stuff.

I don't understand why companies don't try to use Wi-Fi direct for audio, like Nearby Share on Android for sharing files locally between devices.

The bandwidth is so much larger, it would allow for lossless codecs easily.
Probably has something to do with the chipset on phones, and there’s no defined standard.

Oct 27, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #57,752 of 63,207
Probably works on WiFi Direct, The same method that you use to pair your printer to your network. Since TWS can do multipoint for a while now this is the next extension of that. So even if you are out in the woods, your phone can have its own WiFi connection to the TWS to get and transfer your tunes. Downside is that this is the latest chipset , so it’s going to be a while before you’ll see smaller companies and DAPs compatible with this technology. Maybe Sony will release a DAP with this tech but all the rest, it’s going to be years before they have access to this stuff.

Probably has something to do with the chipset on phones, and there’s no defined standard.
As someone who enjoys a bit of wi-fi hotspotting with my phone on occasion, this would be very welcome! Bluetooth so often flatters to deceive when it comes to reliability.

Oct 27, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #57,754 of 63,207
As someone who enjoys a bit of wi-fi hotspotting with my phone on occasion, this would be very welcome! Bluetooth so often flatters to deceive when it comes to reliability.
The Polly with Mojo2 isn’t a bad concept.

Oct 27, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #57,755 of 63,207
Oct 27, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #57,756 of 63,207
Congrats! I’ve just ordered MTBs as well. I liked them a lot better when listening in the store vs Gemini.
Im curious how they are vs MTW3 and Z80 though. Maybe gonna order those as well to compare.

For anyone interested in MTB, now you can get 20€/25$ when ordering online with a code WORLDOFMTB
How’s the ANC because the G2 have solid ANC?

Oct 27, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #57,757 of 63,207
So I picked up the Montblanc MTB 3s and the Devialet Gemini 2s this week. I had already decided before I bought them that I was going to like the Gemini's better. Well after doing some testing back and forth, I think I like the MTBs better 🙂.

Fit: I like the MTBs better. Easier to get a good seal.

Comfort: I find the Gemini's more comfortable to wear for extended periods of listening.

Sound: I haven't done any extensive eqing on either. I find the MTBs to be more detailed. The Gemini's sound a little muddy to me. PS I mostly listen to Heavy Metal.

Following up, was the comparison done with ANC off on G2? That makes for a very different sound profile.

Oct 27, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #57,758 of 63,207
Following up, was the comparison done with ANC off on G2? That makes for a very different sound profile.
Is that software out yet? At launch it only had it on or transparency - no off/pure sound but I was told that was coming and could possibly change a few people’s minds

Oct 27, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #57,759 of 63,207
I couldn’t compare them in same room, but my impression is that G2 is way superior to MTB when it comes to ANC.

Indeed, because of their ANC I was still considering G2. But at the end, I decided to go with a better sound (imo).

Gonna test mtbs for a run/gym and see if I keep them or send them back. So G2 still got a chance :wink:

When I was trying G2/MTBs I was switching ANC on/off. Both times I prefer mtbs

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #57,760 of 63,207
I couldn’t compare them in same room, but my impression is that G2 is way superior to MTB when it comes to ANC.

Indeed, because of their ANC I was still considering G2. But at the end, I decided to go with a better sound (imo).

Gonna test mtbs for a run/gym and see if I keep them or send them back. So G2 still got a chance :wink:

When I was trying G2/MTBs I was switching ANC on/off. Both times I prefer mtbs
So you can turn of the ANC and transparency on G2 now? So it’s got 3 settings, so there’s been a software update?

Oct 27, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #57,762 of 63,207
Oct 27, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #57,763 of 63,207
I decided I needed an ergonomic mouse instead... :).

I actually am still very happy with the Elite 10 so not really looking for a TWS at the moment.

I was actually looking for a good deal on the Logitech Vertical Lift for Business when I was on Visions website. Ended up ordering direct form Logitech... For $89CAD.

Oct 27, 2023 at 8:46 PM Post #57,764 of 63,207
Do I go down memory lane????

https://www.visions.ca/product-deta..._headphones_white?categoryId=0&sku=MELOMANIA1

Lol actually I have never tried anything from Cambridge...
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back