Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 29, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #57,166 of 62,460
Question for y'all. I've never purchased a DAP before as even high end ones (out of my budget) don't have anything better than Bluetooth 5.1. With the majority having a 4.2 or if you're lucky 5.0

If there was a dedicated Bluetooth DAP with iem capabilities but BT at the forefront of the design. So slim, super portable, sturdy, codecs, connectivity, apps etc. Would anyone purchase it or are phones good enough?
Unfortunately even the more known and usually more expensive companies (like A&K, SONY etc) take a long time to catch up to BT standards.
I think a dedicated DAP could sometimes be a better solution than a phone, would be awesome to get a DAP with up to date specs.
Even though most people usually buy a DAP for wired IEMS/Headphones, for these prices they should at least support newer BT standards.

Sep 29, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #57,167 of 62,460
Never had the 75t but one of the things that I am impressed with on the Elite 10 is that they just work and work really well. The implementation of the physical button is great (was initially concerned it would be annoying with the button constantly pushing the ear bud deeper in but this is not the case for me). Would also be interested in if there are other TWS like this as I am not a fan of touch controls.

I was actually coming back here to post that I was actually impressed with the app as well. The notification on my Fold 5 shows me what I want to know and allows me to toggle ANC/hearthrough or Spatial Sound on/Off without launching the app , extra widgets or even needing the button. Seems very well thought out and implemented and I wish all my TWS had this. For me, TWS is about the overall package and convenience and the app functionality matters to me as well (I know there are others who will disagree and don't really care about the app so I will caveat this with the usual this is just my opinion).
Might be an unpopular opinion but I always liked my Jabra TWS from a few years ago and their headphones too. They never let me down and they just worked.
Now, the sound had to be heavily eq’ed for my taste and while the texture was quiet pleasing the soundstage of their TWS was narrow and not 3D enough. That was was 4-5 years ago and I’m sure things have change and I will definitely give them a shot down the road.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #57,168 of 62,460
Just not enough value for the price vs MTW3
I think I read your DPP review on Amazon 🙂 .

I may also have your pair coming to me 😂 as I've ordered one of 3 used pairs that recently appeared on Amazon Warehouse to try and return. If I Iike them and can get a good fit, I can pick them up from wherever is cheapest, not having to worry about restrictive returns policies that other retailers can have.

I really want to try the hearing test thing after watching a YT video. First 4 minutes was boring, followed by a boringly delivered but informative comparison of the perl and perl pro, and then gets more interesting around 12:30, explaining how the "adaptive acoustic technology" works, what the pics people have been sharing mean etc.

And if our Australian Synesthetic friend hadn't already convinced me that these need to be experienced (you may be upside down, but you talk a lot of sense), then the techie stuff in this video has.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #57,169 of 62,460
I returned the DPP to Amazon UK. I found the fit very bad and the volume was no loud enough for me but bare in mind i use mobile phone and not DAP music players.
I had so many TW over the years that i decided to go back to wired earphones due to poor volume and sound quality issues - I am not deaf :)

I went trough the IEM rabbit hole and had all the hyped IEMs, including kilobuck ones, however lately I decided to check the TW world again as I could see some good technological improvements over the last few years but i was so disappointed with the DPP specially knowing that it is the top choice in this tread.

I will always prioritize sound quality over any gimmick especially noise cancelling (If I get a good seal I don't use NC) so being a big fan of Unique melody ( i own the Mest's 2) I've decided to take a shot and buy the UM U-free.

IMHO this is the best TW I have ever tried to date. It is far away for being perfect, specially when it comes to App, the gimmicks etc but again, I am looking for a good sound and they just made me toe tapping and very happy. I guess after experiencing the U-free I cannot go for the mainstream brands anymore.

Sep 29, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #57,171 of 62,460
Where you go to device settings and make sure you are playing music or even watching a video
That is a pretty poor indication IMO, they could make it more detailed.

Example as this looks the same and it is not Lossless.

2023-09-30.png

2023-09-30 (1).png

Sep 29, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #57,172 of 62,460
Had a weird warble effect on my Elite 10. Turning BT did not help. Had to place them back in the case to get them working. So I guess the Svanar Wireless are not the only TWS to have connection issues :).

First time in several years I got freaked out by a headphone. Was listening to a song that had creaking door/window sounds in the background. I thought they were coming from my house... freaked me out... last time that really happened. 12 years ago listening to High Hopes by Pink Floyd and the bee buzzing at the beginning of song on a pair of Sennhieser IE80.

Sep 30, 2023 at 12:27 AM Post #57,174 of 62,460
How many got the

NOBLE AUDIO FOKUS PRESTIGE TWS​

As sold out or in back order everywhere… so either a very limited stock or they miscalculated the demand 🤷‍♂️

Sep 30, 2023 at 12:42 AM Post #57,175 of 62,460
I work that out as about €205! Surely, that has to be a mis-price?

They don't deliver to the UK unfortunately, but anyone in EU may be able to order?
I just got them. Defo a missprice but I did receive the pros as advertised.
Where you go to device settings and make sure you are playing music or even watching a video
Thanks! It seems to work. But I am not sure this is the most user friendly way to use one of the selling points of this TWS...

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:43 AM Post #57,176 of 62,460
I work that out as about €205! Surely, that has to be a mis-price?

They don't deliver to the UK unfortunately, but anyone in EU may be able to order?
It might seem so (looks more like the price of the regular DP), but I know that people received their Pros from this deal.

Sep 30, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #57,177 of 62,460
I returned the DPP to Amazon UK. I found the fit very bad and the volume was no loud enough for me but bare in mind i use mobile phone and not DAP music players.
I had so many TW over the years that i decided to go back to wired earphones due to poor volume and sound quality issues - I am not deaf :)

I went trough the IEM rabbit hole and had all the hyped IEMs, including kilobuck ones, however lately I decided to check the TW world again as I could see some good technological improvements over the last few years but i was so disappointed with the DPP specially knowing that it is the top choice in this tread.

I will always prioritize sound quality over any gimmick especially noise cancelling (If I get a good seal I don't use NC) so being a big fan of Unique melody ( i own the Mest's 2) I've decided to take a shot and buy the UM U-free.

IMHO this is the best TW I have ever tried to date. It is far away for being perfect, specially when it comes to App, the gimmicks etc but again, I am looking for a good sound and they just made me toe tapping and very happy. I guess after experiencing the U-free I cannot go for the mainstream brands anymore.
That's interesting. I always wondered if I didn't get a good fit with the U-Free which has never happened to me before. But these are the only TWS that have actively disgusted me. I mean I really hated everything about them other than the mids.

Sep 30, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #57,178 of 62,460
I just got them. Defo a missprice but I did receive the pros as advertised.

Thanks! It seems to work. But I am not sure this is the most user friendly way to use one of the selling points of this TWS...
Is the connection stable using DPP with AptX Adaptive/Lossless on this Sony? I have no reason to believe it wouldn't be, but I've got a very choppy experience on Motorola unless I force regular AptX.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #57,180 of 62,460
Montblanc MTB 03 - no one has them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back