Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 21, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #56,776 of 63,208
Funny you're mentioning the Svanar. While I do think they sound exquisite, I can't help but believe I overpaid for the Svanar. The new additions I've acquired this week are very good for an almost 2 for the price of the Svanar, i.e. the new Devialet and the AK after a few credits and discounts. Don't get me, wrong, they Svanar are stellar. I do find the mids too high for my liking on some albums. The Svanar shine with LDAC more than AAC imo. I'm actually in the return window for mine and for $500 not including tax, I've been thinking long and hard as I use the AK right now and alt between them, the Gemini 2, Jabra and the iFi Go with my Clairvoyance IEMs. The addiction is real and I worry if I return them, I'll wind up re-purchasing later on down the road!
I would take a deep breath. The Devialet is actually almost the same price as Svanar....is it the same quality? Unfortunately you couldn't get the Svanar discounted like the AK. I enjoy the Jabra but IMO, they can't hold a candle to either the Svanar or the AK in terms of sq. It just depends in what feature you are ranking the most important. The AK has a few niggles as does the Svanar.

To be honest, at this point the one that has been the most flawless, with the most features has been the AZ80. Sound quality was good, not to the level of the Svanar.

I don't rely on software ANC too much, unless I am traveling. I love excellent sound, so I think ranking your importance is key. The AK with Final tips are really good, and the isolation is as well.

It is real important to understand, the same as my full reviews, I am only relating my experience, I have zero skin in anyone's game. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to reach out.

Sep 21, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #56,777 of 63,208
I would take a deep breath. The Devialet is actually almost the same price as Svanar....is it the same quality? Unfortunately you couldn't get the Svanar discounted like the AK. I enjoy the Jabra but IMO, they can't hold a candle to either the Svanar or the AK in terms of sq. It just depends in what feature you are ranking the most important. The AK has a few niggles as does the Svanar.

To be honest, at this point the one that has been the most flawless, with the most features has been the AZ80. Sound quality was good, not to the level of the Svanar.

I don't rely on software ANC too much, unless I am traveling. I love excellent sound, so I think ranking your importance is key. The AK with Final tips are really good, and the isolation is as well.

It is real important to understand, the same as my full reviews, I am only relating my experience, I have zero skin in anyone's game. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to reach out.
Yup, it's only personal experience.

Can't really put Jabra and Svanar in the same sentence. AK maybe. Truly enjoyed the AKs for hours today. Still having balance issues which seem to come and go. L-R channel drift. I've reached out to AK for some help/insight. Madness.

Sep 21, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #56,779 of 63,208

I think the Gemini are pretty cool at the discounted price. At $449 - no way. They are really fun sounding. Musical. Awesome tuning. Crazy good ANC. Like loudspeakers in your head. Very loud and big sounding.

Completely different approach to a TWS than the Svanar. I could see someone preferring the tuning and sound signature but I think the Svanar is technically a better IEM.

Sep 21, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #56,780 of 63,208
I think the Gemini are pretty cool at the discounted price. At $449 - no way. They are really fun sounding. Musical. Awesome tuning. Crazy good ANC. Like loudspeakers in your head. Very loud and big sounding.

Completely different approach to a TWS than the Svanar. I could see someone preferring the tuning and sound signature but I think the Svanar is technically a better IEM.
I have the Svanar and the bas is something else, the space and separation is also just 😍. How would you say they are different? More narrow, more fun?

Sep 21, 2023 at 11:18 PM Post #56,781 of 63,208

Sounds like similar descriptors used for the DPP. Any similarities there?

Sep 22, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #56,783 of 63,208
So I realized that the way the Jabra fit is the way they obviously are supposed to fit and they don't have a type seal like feeling pressure in your ears. I do see why they could be really comfortable.

The sound quality just isn't for me. It's a weird tuning to my ears, it's as if every section is on its own island. Like the bass is separate and defined but not like a quality bass that layers. It doesn't blend with the other frequencies. There really is no treble sparkle. It's very mid-rangey. It appears to sound incoherent to my ears. Best way I can describe it is there doesn't appear to be a good synergy between all of the frequencies.
They appear they would be really good in the gym or for walking. The call quality is so-so and the ANC is upper mediocre.

These will definitely be going back to the store.

* I wrote that, but you must realize I'm fairly critical with stuff. Number two, this is Head-Fi, this is not the normal consumer website. I am sure relative to the other Jabras, these are great. I also feel most folks would be really happy with them.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #56,785 of 63,208
Yeah I think so. I don't have a DPP here to compare but I think the Devialet may sound better tbh. They are really growing on me.
I used the DGII last night watching Wheels of Time and they were quite immersive. Sub-bass, as you know, is my thing. I do prefer them over the DPP too. Fit, form and function. Nice upgrade. Used them on a walk and for a call, zero issues. These are another bud that you don't have to shove deep into your ears, at least for me.

Sep 22, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #56,786 of 63,208
Gotta say, the iFi Go Pods are amazing, but the phone calls are terrible. Being told I sound like I'm in a cavern. Bummer. But the power, staging, size and ease of use is really wonderful with my Clairvoyance. Best of my bunch.

Sep 22, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #56,787 of 63,208
I used the DGII last night watching Wheels of Time and they were quite immersive. Sub-bass, as you know, is my thing. I do prefer them over the DPP too. Fit, form and function. Nice upgrade. Used them on a walk and for a call, zero issues. These are another bud that you don't have to shove deep into your ears, at least for me.
Yeah, super comfy, no fuss with fitment. Just pop them in and they stay put. Thinking about giving them a go on the bike since they passed the fan in my face wind test with flying colors. I sort of hate to muck them up with sweat etc.

Sep 22, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #56,788 of 63,208
Ok. Regarding the Devialet Geminis...

It's not driver flex... Because there's no noise when chewing, running, jumping with any tips when noise cancellation is OFF.
ANC Low has less "driver flex'ish" noise than with ANC High.

I have almost no noise on the right side with any mode or tip, but with ANC ON, the left is crackling and "flex'ing" as h....

The only tip that's ok to use, is the Flexifit foam I got with my Tevis. (but they also crackles when running/jumping, left side)

But again, no noise whatsoever with any tip with ANC off.... (Edit: But the SQ is awful in Neutral, or Neutered as they should call it... :wink: )

Please help?!?
I had this problem with DG gen1.
Pops/crackle/noise with ANC on, while moving, chewing etc..

Same with gen 2, or is this fixed? If fixed, I'm interested...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back