Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 21, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #56,761 of 63,208
Make me stop!

Attachments

• PXL_20230921_170101029.jpg
    PXL_20230921_170101029.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Sep 21, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #56,762 of 63,208
It’s really not fair to ding any TWS, because they don’t fit your particular ears.
It’s impossible for any vendor to to get that 100% right. They’re probably doing great at 50% acceptance. Could you imagine If you owned a clothing business and 50% of your products came back, because they didn’t fit the customer perfectly.. If you want Tailor made, you pay for Tailor made..

Sep 21, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #56,763 of 63,208
It’s really not fair to ding any TWS, because they don’t fit your particular ears.
It’s impossible for any vendor to to get that 100% right. They’re probably doing great at 50% acceptance. Could you imagine If you owned a clothing business and 50% of your products came back, because they didn’t fit the customer perfectly.. If you want Tailor made, you pay for Tailor made..
I did pay for tailor made in the UE Drops and even those didn't fit 100%. It's all a roll of the dice :beerchug:

Sep 21, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #56,764 of 63,208
Sep 21, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #56,766 of 63,208
Are the Svanar worth it if one plans to run exclusively with an iPhone?
Are my mystiques close since they both run AAC?
Funny you're mentioning the Svanar. While I do think they sound exquisite, I can't help but believe I overpaid for the Svanar. The new additions I've acquired this week are very good for an almost 2 for the price of the Svanar, i.e. the new Devialet and the AK after a few credits and discounts. Don't get me, wrong, they Svanar are stellar. I do find the mids too high for my liking on some albums. The Svanar shine with LDAC more than AAC imo. I'm actually in the return window for mine and for $500 not including tax, I've been thinking long and hard as I use the AK right now and alt between them, the Gemini 2, Jabra and the iFi Go with my Clairvoyance IEMs. The addiction is real and I worry if I return them, I'll wind up re-purchasing later on down the road!

Sep 21, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #56,767 of 63,208
Sep 21, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #56,768 of 63,208
$200 for SBC and AAC only? :rolling_eyes:
Sadly for the Android folks, yes, but they're suprisingly tuned quite well. But I had them 2x and had touch control issues on both. Some folks on here did not.

Sep 21, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #56,770 of 63,208
Also, I've been noticing that my Hifiman Svanars seem to have yet another issue. I think there's something that pulls them out of the Hi-Fidelity Sound Mode but at the same time doesn't put them in the ANC mode or anything like that.
Many times when I take them out of the case and start listening I'm like "oh, these AREN'T good, why did I like them yesterday?" and then I put them back in the case, take them out again and then cycle through the modes and all of a sudden it's like "oh... okay, this was more what they're supposed to sound like".

It's like they sound super sibilant and grainy at the same time for me, and nothing sticks out as impressive.
I do think that happens quite a bit for me and that's why I've also had a bit of a back and forth love/hate-relationship with them. I mean it's not the only factor, but I think there's something like that happening to me. Not sure if it's related to the cutouts that I get as well, I think it very well could be.
I think the cutouts end up putting them in some sort of... I mean it's still the hi-fidelity sound SETTING, but it sounds way way worse.
The lack of app means they can’t fix any issues we identify

Sep 21, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #56,771 of 63,208
Funny you're mentioning the Svanar. While I do think they sound exquisite, I can't help but believe I overpaid for the Svanar. The new additions I've acquired this week are very good for an almost 2 for the price of the Svanar, i.e. the new Devialet and the AK after a few credits and discounts. Don't get me, wrong, they Svanar are stellar. I do find the mids too high for my liking on some albums. The Svanar shine with LDAC more than AAC imo. I'm actually in the return window for mine and for $500 not including tax, I've been thinking long and hard as I use the AK right now and alt between them, the Gemini 2, Jabra and the iFi Go with my Clairvoyance IEMs. The addiction is real and I worry if I return them, I'll wind up re-purchasing later on down the road!
Where’s the discounts for Gemini 2? Or you talking about your returns etc., as I really am tempted by them. Nothing beats Apple in terms of all round functions when on an Apple ecosystem. But the Svanar kicks some butt in some songs that leaves the AirPods Pro’s way behind. Cumbersome and have some bugs - but I’ll keep them. I am going to get the Gemini 2’s if reviews hold.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #56,772 of 63,208
Where’s the discounts for Gemini 2? Or you talking about your returns etc., as I really am tempted by them. Nothing beats Apple in terms of all round functions when on an Apple ecosystem. But the Svanar kicks some butt in some songs that leaves the AirPods Pro’s way behind. Cumbersome and have some bugs - but I’ll keep them. I am going to get the Gemini 2’s if reviews hold.
The 20% off discount on Gemini 2 is only avail through the Devialet website for Gemini 1 owners.

Sep 21, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #56,773 of 63,208
The 20% off discount on Gemini 2 is only avail through the Devialet website for Gemini 1 owners.
Is it a code or very specific to that owner - as if someone isn’t using the code I’d love to get one lol

Sep 21, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #56,774 of 63,208
Is it a code or very specific to that owner - as if someone isn’t using the code I’d love to get one lol
You know, I'm not sure. I had the first gen and wound up engaging a customer service rep to get the 20% refunded because they found that I did own gen 1 in the system. Bunch of us chatted here about this a few pages back. I think the discount is tied to the order, unsure if an actual code is generated, but someone here might know. I love the buds and Devialet customer service is great.

Sep 21, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #56,775 of 63,208
You know, I'm not sure. I had the first gen and wound up engaging a customer service rep to get the 20% refunded because they found that I did own gen 1 in the system. Bunch of us chatted here about this a few pages back. I think the discount is tied to the order, unsure if an actual code is generated, but someone here might know. I love the buds and Devialet customer service is great.
I was tempted when first gen came out, but now I am getting them… I might even splash out for the Opera version, but I never pay full price for anything.. I’ll import if I have to - to save some dollars - it’s just principle lol. And 650 is a lot, but 550 I could do, as a discount. Yea I spend more than I should as the discount makes me justify it 🤦‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back