Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 13, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #56,477 of 63,208
The ANC was stellar for me on the first gen. I truly loved them, but the case was huge. After they updated the firmware, I had no issues with them. The Amazon page is down for me, just ordered from Devialet. Maybe I'll shoot them an email about the discount. They always had great customer service on my end. Aptx is good enough for my old ears. You know I'm an AAC guy most days. Titanium is on my mind...
If you click on "quick look" on amazon, you can add them to your cart.

Sep 13, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #56,478 of 63,208
The ANC was stellar for me on the first gen. I truly loved them, but the case was huge. After they updated the firmware, I had no issues with them. The Amazon page is down for me, just ordered from Devialet. Maybe I'll shoot them an email about the discount. They always had great customer service on my end. Aptx is good enough for my old ears. You know I'm an AAC guy most days. Titanium is on my mind...
Order says "standard shipping September 20th" - WTH. 1 day for Prime and 7 days for direct? Bummer.

Sep 13, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #56,479 of 63,208
Me too but what a blah update. I was disappointed to see only a 650 trade value for my 14PM. Pretty ridiculous. So $550 to upgrade and I have the PF for 34 more months.
USB-C is what I wanted so I can use my Rokid Max easily while traveling, but also, I'm dumb.

Devialet is very receptive and even gave me my serial, but it won't trigger a code. The rep is running it all up the flagpole to figure out why. But, while we were chatting my order showed as "shipped." Sooooo... they're trying to see if they can credit me back the 20% off difference or else I'll have to return the buds and re-purchase with the code. I do know, Devialet takes FORVER to refund anything. At least that was my past experience. Fingers crossed it all works out.

Sep 13, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #56,481 of 63,208
USB-C is what I wanted so I can use my Rokid Max easily while traveling, but also, I'm dumb.

Devialet is very receptive and even gave me my serial, but it won't trigger a code. The rep is running it all up the flagpole to figure out why. But, while we were chatting my order showed as "shipped." Sooooo... they're trying to see if they can credit me back the 20% off difference or else I'll have to return the buds and re-purchase with the code. I do know, Devialet takes FORVER to refund anything. At least that was my past experience. Fingers crossed it all works out.
I'm still pretty satisfied with the PF. It's not as polished as an iphone but it works fine for my daily needs. Rarely if ever needs a midday charge. I also open the screen about once a day which does make me wonder why I am bothering with it.

Sep 13, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #56,482 of 63,208
Sep 13, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #56,483 of 63,208
I'm still pretty satisfied with the PF. It's not as polished as an iphone but it works fine for my daily needs. Rarely if ever needs a midday charge. I also open the screen about once a day which does make me wonder why I am bothering with it.
Oh, my PF is my daily driver. iPhone for work stuff because of security. I use it as a mini tablet when chilling. But yes, I hear you, I do use the outside much more. Still, the best, most fun, foldable I've used to date. At least for me. I do miss a few thing, but I have that iMessage workaround, then I have Airdrop working with it via some workarounds. Outside of that, not really missing much else. I have been having weird freezes this last week, whereas is slows down and becomes unresponsive. Works itself out, but yeah, that's fun.

BTW, anyone who's listening. My Sony XM5s are going back. I can't find one set of tips that eliminate walking noise without me having to turn off ANC/Trans. I can't deal. Been tip rolling for days. Foam works but I'm not a big fan of foam. Plus, the foams that do work for me aren't good for passive. So very tired of the struggle. Could be my ear structure that adds to it, but for what I paid, not worth keeping and dealing. Kind of a bummer.

Sep 13, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #56,484 of 63,208
Ok, this is surprising, the Jabra Elite pro 7’s are neck and neck with my Bose QC’s and Sony xm4’s in noise canceling. This was not expected, also I don’t detect any sound degradation with max NC. I don’t think I have golden ears, but my hearings pretty good.. Looks like Jabra knows what they’re doing, now the Elite 10’s are on my radar…. And the wheel keeps turning 😀

Sep 13, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #56,485 of 63,208
Oh, my PF is my daily driver. iPhone for work stuff because of security. I use it as a mini tablet when chilling. But yes, I hear you, I do use the outside much more. Still, the best, most fun, foldable I've used to date. At least for me. I do miss a few thing, but I have that iMessage workaround, then I have Airdrop working with it via some workarounds. Outside of that, not really missing much else. I have been having weird freezes this last week, whereas is slows down and becomes unresponsive. Works itself out, but yeah, that's fun.

BTW, anyone who's listening. My Sony XM5s are going back. I can't find one set of tips that eliminate walking noise without me having to turn off ANC/Trans. I can't deal. Been tip rolling for days. Foam works but I'm not a big fan of foam. Plus, the foams that do work for me aren't good for passive. So very tired of the struggle. Could be my ear structure that adds to it, but for what I paid, not worth keeping and dealing. Kind of a bummer.
Ha!!! Play the Pink Panther theme with the walking into, maybe it’ll cancel the step sounds. 👍

Sep 13, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #56,486 of 63,208
Glad to just make the decision on the DPP. I struggle if I waffle like that.
I'm now doing same .... spent a good amount of time trying again to compare between MTW3 / DPP on how i actually feel listening to both when tweaked to my preference.
Only thing i can catagorically determine is that the DPP's produce more sub-bass even with immersion turned down to -1 than the MTW3's.

But that's it's really since i'm not driving either with more than normal AptX for the most part. I can do AptX Adaptive when i'm at my desk but that's limited.
So i'm back now questioning are they "worth" the £300 to get that small increase. Given both sets fit great and the MTW3's were £120 cheaper
Can't really hear a quantifiable difference with the Dirac Virtuo thing. Really hard with audio stuff since we seem to forget how something sounded and we just seem to adapt to hearing things a certain way.

Feels like it really comes down to almost a coin flip :)

Sep 13, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #56,487 of 63,208
I'm now doing same .... spent a good amount of time trying again to compare between MTW3 / DPP on how i actually feel listening to both when tweaked to my preference.
Only thing i can catagorically determine is that the DPP's produce more sub-bass even with immersion turned down to -1 than the MTW3's.

But that's it's really since i'm not driving either with more than normal AptX for the most part. I can do AptX Adaptive when i'm at my desk but that's limited.
So i'm back now questioning are they "worth" the £300 to get that small increase. Given both sets fit great and the MTW3's were £120 cheaper
Can't really hear a quantifiable difference with the Dirac Virtuo thing. Really hard with audio stuff since we seem to forget how something sounded and we just seem to adapt to hearing things a certain way.

Feels like it really comes down to almost a coin flip :)
I would say send them back... I was I the same situation. My phone only does aptx so no benefit having a codec I will never use.

I did like the bigger bass, but aside from that my MTW3, AZ80 both sounded better in other ways. So to me it was a side grade versus an upgrade and at its price and in my case struggles with fit. Not worth it.

Sep 13, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #56,488 of 63,208
Any idea what this is (LE & LC3 possibly)?

2023-09-14.png

Sep 14, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #56,490 of 63,208
I feel like we're all in the cult of TWS and just tend to do what everybody else is doing. But yeah, I ordered the Pentaconn Coreir Brass eartips on Monday, and got them on Tuesday somehow despite ordering them from Germany which of course isn't that far from Sweden, but also not that close either. So super-fast delivery. I have them on my XM5's right now. They're supremely comfortable and the L size tips are perfect for me, but as of now I'm not sure if I prefer the sound with them compared to the stock hybrid foams. It has more treble sizzle, but I'm not sure if the XM5's has the best treble to you know... get the sizzle from. It sounds less smooth but I feel like it's slightly more detailed in both the bass and treble region.

On another note I just got the Fiio FW5, only listened a minute and then realized I need to charge them up. Had to put my second pair of Coreir Brass on them though, because I don't know if people from China have smaller ear canals or what? But just as with the Hifiman Svanar TWS, all of the supplied eartips were too small for my above average-lugholes.
Will give my impressions of the sound later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back