Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 25, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #54,586 of 62,439
Yeah this one was like a cold shower and sucked the life out of my anticipation. Edit- it's hard to know whether this is a miss by Sony (which is inexcusable) or if expectations are unreasonably high. That said, the Bose and APP and now the AZ80 are ridiculously good all around TWS so the competition is very strong.
Not real favorable, but I have written a couple of those in my time.

Jul 25, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #54,587 of 62,439
I mainly want to see Sony xm5 comparisons to the Sennheiser mtw3. I was briefly considering AZ80, but it apparently sticks out of the ears too much. I still wouldn't mind xm5 against the mtw3 and AZ80. Those are probably the best options for under $300. I would never spend more than $300 on tws that will probably last a few years at most.

Jul 25, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #54,588 of 62,439
so after my mtw 3's right earbud died. I was thinking on getting the az80s (had az70) but got sold on the QC ll's superb ANC. had a little consideration on the xm5 but my bad experience on the xm4s (after firmware update, buds are useless and owning it for about a year) kept me from buying the xm5.
so far my only gripe with the bose is its app. too buggy. sound is ok and will still give the nod to the sennheiser. anc and transparency is very good.

Jul 25, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #54,589 of 62,439
so after my mtw 3's right earbud died. I was thinking on getting the az80s (had az70) but got sold on the QC ll's superb ANC. had a little consideration on the xm5 but my bad experience on the xm4s (after firmware update, buds are useless and owning it for about a year) kept me from buying the xm5.
so far my only gripe with the bose is its app. too buggy. sound is ok and will still give the nod to the sennheiser. anc and transparency is very good.
Ahh, yes the Bose sound great too. Only issue I have is I don't think the anc can be turned off on them, can they?

Jul 26, 2023 at 1:56 AM Post #54,594 of 62,439
The Sony XM5 are definitely intriguing but got my hands tied up with TWS enroute. Anima ANW02, RedMagic DAO & OnePlus Buds Pro 2
Looking forward to hearing about all of those. None of my next purchases are available yet.

Devialet
PSB
Noble Prestige

Maybe I just picked some distant tws subconsciously to save myself the money (in this moment right now).

Anima anw02 is of intrigue to me. After learning more about DSP and how a lot of the Nura soundstage is courtesy of their DSP I'm even more interested

Jul 26, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #54,597 of 62,439
I've been hearing about the Noble Prestige but can't find useful info. Is it going to be TWS and addition to the Fokus (Pro, Mystique) lineup?
No useful info out there.

Just tidbits from over on the Noble Wizard thread. What i know so far is

it's gonna be $$$ about $500 USD.

Made out of the similar wood cuts that other prestige models are carved out of

Slightly better tuning than the Mystique

Better chipset

Possibly a December release (or the comment I was basing that off was in reference to the Noble director seeing someone in December)

Im using the Fokus Pro at the moment and love the sound. But can understand why it could use some improvements in non sound related aspects. Since I missed the Mystique I'm wondering if the sound jump would be more dramatic than if I went Pro → Mystique → Prestige

Jul 26, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #54,598 of 62,439
No useful info out there.

Just tidbits from over on the Noble Wizard thread. What i know so far is

it's gonna be $$$ about $500 USD.

Made out of the similar wood cuts that other prestige models are carved out of

Slightly better tuning than the Mystique

Better chipset

Possibly a December release (or the comment I was basing that off was in reference to the Noble director seeing someone in December)

Im using the Fokus Pro at the moment and love the sound. But can understand why it could use some improvements in non sound related aspects. Since I missed the Mystique I'm wondering if the sound jump would be more dramatic than if I went Pro → Mystique → Prestige

Had both Pro and Mystique. It's personal as everything related to IEMs but, to me, both had issues in the sound department, both shared same problems but also both had different strong points.

I'd be happy to throw $500 at TWS which main point is just the sound quality and not all the fancy gimmicky stuff like ANC, multipoint, etc. (or 100% stable connection :wink: ) IF the SQ, tunning, technicalities were worth that much (+ monitor IEM shape). I terms of Noble, I think they look great (as the IEM should), fit is awesome, overall sound great but few things were just off-putting.

Hopefully Prestige will sort out what's bothering me and won't be just a visual update with fancy materials:fingers_crossed:

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #54,600 of 62,439
Going forward ANC is a must for me.. I use TWS for their obvious use case; going out and about.. In any kind of noisy environment, I needed to turn my wired iem’s way too high, it was probably damaging my hearing. Be careful with the volume knob, keep those ears healthy. 👍
Same. Good ANC is a must. If I want top tier fidelity I would likely be listening in a quiet space to enjoy the quality
, and in that case, I’d rather use my wired equipment. Tools for the job and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back