Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 8, 2023 at 3:14 AM Post #54,136 of 62,437
Why can't wired iems implement an internal DAC like tws? Something that allows them tuning options. The number of tuning switches finding their way onto budget iems seems like a lot of effort to avoid EQ

Jul 8, 2023 at 3:24 AM Post #54,137 of 62,437
Why can't wired iems implement an internal DAC like tws? Something that allows them tuning options. The number of tuning switches finding their way onto budget iems seems like a lot of effort to avoid EQ

Internal DAC would require battery/power source, that's why they would instead go with the tuning switches instead

Jul 8, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #54,140 of 62,437
Damn how many of us are not in their 50's here?

I'll go first, hit 30 back in Jan. Still have my hearing, although this year it's been getting worse with Bebe's and loud Noble products. I blame the bebe so my wife doesn't ban me from loud music.

On that point though, I do feel like the Fokus Pro is the first tws I've had that I don't feel needs to be driven particularly loud, either the deeper insertion or the Noble dark magic. Or maybe it is really loud due to the insertion and I'm not saving jack in the department of hearing.
I am in my 50's until tomorrow. Worst part is I have been reviewing for almost a decade and a half and I can notice it takes much more concentration to critical listen than it used to. I catch myself goosing up the volume, not too be able to hear as much as just getting into the tunes. My phones, warn me that I am pushing up the volume or that I need to take a break. That is something years of DAPs and amps didn't do. You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube, but I am a bit more mindful of volume than I once was. That said, it is real difficult not to crank Rival Sons or Iron Maiden.

Jul 8, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #54,141 of 62,437
Any reviews or impressions of the Noble H-ANC? I really like Noble's "house sound" and could use a good, no, great ANC for use at my gym that insists on blasting out some terrible noise some say is music. Otherwise, is there a really good say $200 tws that does music really well and does ANC as well?

Jul 8, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #54,142 of 62,437
I am in my 50's until tomorrow. Worst part is I have been reviewing for almost a decade and a half and I can notice it takes much more concentration to critical listen than it used to. I catch myself goosing up the volume, not too be able to hear as much as just getting into the tunes. My phones, warn me that I am pushing up the volume or that I need to take a break. That is something years of DAPs and amps didn't do. You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube, but I am a bit more mindful of volume than I once was. That said, it is real difficult not to crank Rival Sons or Iron Maiden.
Who wouldn't crank those bands? Two of the best 🤘

Jul 8, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #54,144 of 62,437
Any reviews or impressions of the Noble H-ANC? I really like Noble's "house sound" and could use a good, no, great ANC for use at my gym that insists on blasting out some terrible noise some say is music. Otherwise, is there a really good say $200 tws that does music really well and does ANC as well?
They are pretty decent. ANC is okay - not great. Sound is definitely the highlight but they are a step down from the mystique. You could do worse for $200.

Jul 8, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #54,145 of 62,437
20230708_141719.jpg

Jul 8, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #54,148 of 62,437
Out of the box, which I hate doing(because I like to give them time), I can tell Hifi mode is an audiophile tuning.

None of the stock ear tips work for me because I have such a huge ear hole. I am still experimenting with tips, but these are definitely tip dependant. So far, the Azla Crystals and Spinfit CP 360 appear to work best for me.

I really don't want to comment much on the sound until I find the right tips and have some time to get into it. They have a bit of an overall Vshape. Bass is solid, punchy with a some linger to the bass notes.

More to come...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back