Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 27, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #53,822 of 62,213
When I used them, the fit wings didn't even touch my ear - at all. Like they just hang there with no contact. Not sure what the deal was. I think you need to order a Pixel Fold to see what all this Aptx Lossless stuff is about.
First the Moto Razr + is inbound for testing 😂💥😞

Ah, you have deep ears. Maybe a longer tipped tip. The Spinfits I’m using have a longer stem.

Jun 27, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #53,824 of 62,213
The sub bass on both is excellent but will give the Nuratrue in a different league. Can hear vocals and small details great without any overshadowing but the Nura Bass can sound like a speaker system in your ears

Not every ear is the same. Maybe try out different eartips. I have the Coreir Brass on it and the fit is tight as close to my 👂 but not where it is going to press on it. The fit is very secured specifically considering the Coreir eartips are longer than most
Agreed - every ear is different! I have not had any issues with the Mystique working their way out of my ears.

Jun 27, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #53,825 of 62,213
Seems like a reasonable assessment but what about the fit? The Nuras are pretty unstable in the ears. The fit wings do nothing either. They eventually slip out of the ear once you get moving. Am I the only one who found this?
I couldn’t get a good comfortable fit.
Dunno if it has anything to do with the oval shaped nozzles, which I presume are supposed to be more ergonomic.

Jun 27, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #53,826 of 62,213
Regarding tips on NTP.

When I had them, some of my 3rd party tips wouldn’t fit in the case.

Jun 27, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #53,828 of 62,213
I know this is going to sound weird, me and my damn Bose 😃, but for TWS with shallow stems, give the Bose ear tips a try. The don't protrude down in the ear canal, but they do block the ear hole.. It's been working for me, and I have to order more tip.. The wing thing helps too... 👍

Jun 27, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #53,829 of 62,213
Regarding tips on NTP.

When I had them, some of my 3rd party tips wouldn’t fit in the case.
https://www.complyfoam.com/products/truegrip-ear-tips-for-jabra-85t

I use these Comply ones, the medium. They fit in the case, not quite as snugly as the stock foam but the lid closes comfortably.

I used them on the original Nuratrue and also currently on the NTP. Combined with the smaller wings the buds stay in place solidly for me.

And purely on the sound quality, as someone who loves bass but not at all costs, these are the best I've heard, be it in-ear or over-ear, wireless or wired. I'll be following the next Denon/Nura combo with interest.

Jun 27, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #53,830 of 62,213
For me Fokus Pro fit was great, better than Az60, MTW3, NTP and some other
Same here. Best fit for me out of AZ60, MTW3 & 2, and XM4. Well the Mystique, never had the pro.

It's definitely a bit personal.

Jun 27, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #53,831 of 62,213
The sub bass on both is excellent but will give the Nuratrue in a different league. Can hear vocals and small details great without any overshadowing but the Nura Bass can sound like a speaker system in your ears

Not every ear is the same. Maybe try out different eartips. I have the Coreir Brass on it and the fit is tight as close to my 👂 but not where it is going to press on it. The fit is very secured specifically considering the Coreir eartips are longer than most

Thanks a mil, that all but settles it. So many different sources calling the NTP “speaker-like” has got me intrigued

Jun 28, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #53,832 of 62,213
I had a hard time too, trying to get them out at first. But then realized that you can just push with your thumb from the center to the side, and they'll slide out easily:

41NJ6sE2ARL._AC_.jpg

I like the test song you posted, btw! The brass has lots of energy in the upper mids though, making it sound a bit obtrusive with this slightly mid-centric earphone.

Very helpful tip for removal. The buds studio plus are even harder to remove, for me.

Jun 28, 2023 at 3:09 AM Post #53,834 of 62,213
Considering this one too. Need to see how wide it is in person. If the screen is equivalent to the IP14PM I may give it a try.
I have the Razr+ now as my daily driver. Or Razr 40 Ultra that it's called here for some reason.
Motorola is really ****ing screwing up with the naming, both of those names are bad for different reasons. Like "Razr+" is so anonymous and doesn't really say anything... and Razr 40 Ultra? Like what is Ultra about it? Usually Ultra means top of the line specs with great camera hardware, and that's not this phone.

With that said, I'm loving this phone so far. If I can get a hold of a Pixel Fold I might go in that direction in awhile, but it's not sold here so we'll see about that. But yeah the Razr+ is pretty legit honestly, wish I had been able to pick up one of the nicer colors, but for some reason they were launching like at least a month later than the black one, so I just went with it. The inside screen feels nice to me, I think it's a lot taller and more narrow than the iPhone 14 Pro Max, but to me it actually works in this form factor.

Jun 28, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #53,835 of 62,213

Users who are viewing this thread

Back