Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 24, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #53,761 of 62,435
Yes although see the post above about the value of codecs for detail retrieval.

This statement sort of asks the wrong question. There are plenty of tws that can hang with a wired iem up to a certain point. After that, and depending on what equipment you are running, no they can’t but they aren’t intended to. I made this point upthread. Is a Porsche 911 a better car than a Honda accord? Well it depends on what you need your car to do. If you the absolute best sq and nothing else, i wouldn’t be shopping for a tws just like if I want the fastest performance car on the market I won’t shop for a Honda accord. TWS as a product category is not supposed to replace a wired iem plus dac/amp setup. It probably never will. But it’s not trying to or even supposed to. I will say the gap has narrowed in recent years but as wireless technology advances wired probably will too so there probably will always be a gap.

If you truly have “silverears” tws probably isn’t for you. Unless of course you need ANC, transparency, multipoint, spacial audio or the convenience of being wireless (very valuable).
The only IEM I have is the Audeze Euclid. The Svanar Wireless among my TWS collection is the closest to IEM sound. But still prefer the Nuratrue Pro as it is the closest to CD quality clarity for a TWS that I have heard to date, well if you have access to Aptx Lossless

Jun 24, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #53,762 of 62,435
Yes although see the post above about the value of codecs for detail retrieval.

This statement sort of asks the wrong question. There are plenty of tws that can hang with a wired iem up to a certain point. After that, and depending on what equipment you are running, no they can’t but they aren’t intended to. I made this point upthread. Is a Porsche 911 a better car than a Honda accord? Well it depends on what you need your car to do. If you the absolute best sq and nothing else, i wouldn’t be shopping for a tws just like if I want the fastest performance car on the market I won’t shop for a Honda accord. TWS as a product category is not supposed to replace a wired iem plus dac/amp setup. It probably never will. But it’s not trying to or even supposed to. I will say the gap has narrowed in recent years but as wireless technology advances wired probably will too so there probably will always be a gap.

If you truly have “silverears” tws probably isn’t for you. Unless of course you need ANC, transparency, multipoint, spacial audio or the convenience of being wireless (very valuable).
I agree, however, they are replacing wired IEM's/DAC's...etc.. Except in the high end space... IEM's and Sources can get crazy (insane) expensive...
Check out the water cooler thread on Head Fi right now... $5,000 dollar cables alone...

Jun 24, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #53,763 of 62,435
TWS has been a wonderful diversion for me from reviewing and TOTL IEMs and gear. For more than a decade and a half of being so active in the TOTL HPs, IEMs, DAPs and so on, I have really enjoyed watching the TWS market morph. The sound and features have greatly improved over the last couple of years. For me, not being bound to critical listening and just enjoying the music is nice. While TWS can't touch the TOTL IEM in terms of sound quality, I have enjoyed the ride.

Jun 24, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #53,764 of 62,435
I am thinking I need to clean out as many higher priced TWS as possible amongst othe electronic gadgets and try to ween off of the need to try new stuff so much, need to focus on finances... my "habit" is getting out of control... DOH!
I've recently sold or given away most of my collection. All I have left is the Noble Fokus Pro, Oppo Enco X (for calls), and the Nuarl N6 Pro 2 (which I don't use anymore but doubt I can sell).

And two Nura True Pro's, both inactive, refund incoming on one of them.

Makes the (which tws will I use for this run?) process much faster I'll say that much.

Jun 24, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #53,766 of 62,435
You are missing out on the mystique. They sound phenomenal. No issues here. The fit is also excellent.
I had two Mystiques, the first had a minor cosmetic issue and the second had both cosmetic and audio balance issues. Each of my previous 3 pairs of Nobles have had technical issues before and after the warranty period. They do sound excellent but I was tired of the issues, especially with these other options that could sound even tad bit better.

Jun 25, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #53,767 of 62,435
Had a question for the Denon team and thus far customer service hasn't been the best... Order arrives tomorrow. I placed an order for PerL and had a 20% discount code that worked in the cart, but it wasn't discounted on my order. When asked, they said it expired, but it accepted the coupon. When you put an expired coupon in it says can't offer the discount, I tried a couple expired coupons to verify..

I told them I had my 10% registration discount, since they wouldn't honor the 20%, and they said send them an email. I complied and they haven't acknowledged. Oh well...

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #53,768 of 62,435
Still an Apple fan... but... Had to upgrade?..my iPhone (in order to use AirPods 3) from 14 something to latest 15.7.6.. It has killed my battery performance.. Kind of pissed, I rarely take stuff back, but I did return my Airpod 3's yesterday..
Disappointed in Apple, I'll have to spend lots of my time going through the OS bull $$$$, and find what's dating the battery. 🤬

Jun 25, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #53,769 of 62,435
Still an Apple fan... but... Had to upgrade?..my iPhone (in order to use AirPods 3) from 14 something to latest 15.7.6.. It has killed my battery performance.. Kind of pissed, I rarely take stuff back, but I did return my Airpod 3's yesterday..
Disappointed in Apple, I'll have to spend lots of my time going through the OS bull $$$$, and find what's dating the battery. 🤬
My 14PM does not have the typical endless battery life. I regularly need to charge it once during the day. When I first got it, it went all day. My health is still at 100% but yes something in the software has resulted in poorer battery life. That said, even poor battery life for an iphone beats just about every Android. I used to get 10 hours SOT on my iphone, now it's more like 7-8 but any android is only going to get 5 or 6. So it's still exceptional just not as great as it was.

Jun 25, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #53,770 of 62,435
Does anybody know where Hifiman ships from, is it China? I want to place an order for the Svanar TWS, but with that price I just don't want to have to pay the extra import tax ordering from outside the EU... because that would add another 125 buckaroos on that price which is just... insane. I paid over $500 for the Fokus Mystiques, and I don't see myself paying $625 for the Svanar unless they had some REALLY impressive sound and features, like... idk, if it could give me back rubs and a happy ending I could possibly consider that price.
If you're interested, this is the reply I received regarding the Svanar Wireless:
Sorry we don’t have it in stock in our EU warehouse.
We can ship from China for you. Please kindly note if we ship this item from China, there will be customs tax and we are not able to control, which is at your charge. Fortunately, if you have any request about the declared value, we will do our best to help you.

Jun 25, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #53,771 of 62,435
20230625_112811_compress3.jpg

Jun 25, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #53,775 of 62,435
Recently got the APP2 and man, transparency mode is crystal clear. Makes me wonder, does anyone else do transparency as well…or even close? I have or have had SOUNDPEATS, Motorola, Noble, PI7, XM4 and don’t recall any of them have the lack of occlusion that the APP2 have. How are the AZ80? Nura? Thoughts? Wondering, like others, how XM5 will play out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back