Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 23, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #53,731 of 62,210
Can you use Final E tips on TWS IEM's?
It depends on the nozzle diameter.
Some are hard to squeeze over.
The more limiting factor is that many TWS cases aren’t big enough to close with 3rd party tips.
That’s one of my biggest frustrations with some TWS.
Hifiman’s TWS800 case can accommodate anything I’ve tried, even double flange spin fits.
I imagine that the Svanar wireless case also has large openings to fit any tip and still close.

Jun 23, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #53,732 of 62,210
Soundcore claims 98.5%* outside noise reduction with their new liberty 4 NC buds. Asterisk aside, if that is close to accurate they're a bargain at $100. You can get them at $80, plus a couple freebies including tracking tag(?) if you sign up for the prerelease https://us.soundcore.com/pages/liberty-4-nc-launch-bonus. It's no obligation and you get two weeks to read reviews. I really liked the sound quality of the LP3 so this was easily worth a burner email for me.

edit: US only -- sorry!

* "up to" :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #53,734 of 62,210
So is this Liberty 4 NC a replacement for the original Liberty 4? The original Liberty 4 had NC so it's a bit confusing?

Jun 23, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #53,735 of 62,210
Soundcore claims 98.5%* outside noise reduction with their new liberty 4 NC buds. Asterisk aside, if that is close to accurate they're a bargain at $100. You can get them at $80, plus a couple freebies including tracking tag(?) if you sign up for the prerelease https://us.soundcore.com/pages/liberty-4-nc-launch-bonus. It's no obligation and you get two weeks to read reviews. I really liked the sound quality of the LP3 so this was easily worth a burner email for me.

edit: US only -- sorry!

* "up to" :sweat_smile:
They claimed something similar with previous buds so I'm not expecting much in terms of real world noise cancellation performance

Jun 23, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #53,736 of 62,210
So is this Liberty 4 NC a replacement for the original Liberty 4? The original Liberty 4 had NC so it's a bit confusing?

It should be, as it has still LDAC codec support, though it's much cheaper, with more battery playing time and they claim a better ANC ... I imagine sound quality should be more or less similar.
These last weeks I bought again the Liberty 4 and I am trying the Soundcore Sleep A10 too.. sound quality are both really decent/enjoyable, though a step behind the new EAH-AZ80, as they both need some PEQ to avoid some sibilance and try to increase a bit ultra low frequencies.

Jun 23, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #53,739 of 62,210
Anyone checkout the new Denon PerL and Pro models? The Pro is $349 and the perL $ 199
I would buy the 199 if the sound quality is the same as the Pro which has way more bells and whistles...
I saw comments on Reddit (so take it with a grain of salt) saying the Nura True and the Pro were the same regarding sound. The Pro just had more features and LDAC.

Jun 23, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #53,741 of 62,210
Got an email from PSB advertising the new Espresso coloured M4U 8 MKII. Either a good or bad sign for their M4U TWM and 9 release. I'm leaning towards bad

Jun 23, 2023 at 9:27 PM Post #53,742 of 62,210
Got an email from PSB advertising the new Espresso coloured M4U 8 MKII. Either a good or bad sign for their M4U TWM and 9 release. I'm leaning towards bad
No FCC filing for another M4U listed. Only the MKII, speakers, amps, and sound systems listed. Not a good sign either.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #53,743 of 62,210
Kinda torn on this one. The Svanar does sound more full and a bit better than the Nuratrue Pro. But the Nuratrue Pro edges it out in soundstage and detail retrieval with Aptx lossless l.
how does the bass compare?
Comfort level?
I got mine today but haven’t opened the box yet 😄.
Btw, I like that Bloom packed a couple of small Starburst packs with it 😋

Jun 23, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #53,744 of 62,210
Comfort level?
Yeah, Bloom Audio is pretty cool that way! I ordered my Go Pods from them and I got some candies and a handwritten thank you note in the package!

Jun 23, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #53,745 of 62,210
Comfort level?
To my ears the fit feels firm. The Nura too but less. My ears feel a bit discomfort from the Svanar if placed on for a certain time. Bass is punchy but clean. Doesn't compare to the Nura's bass though. One complaint I do have about the Svanar is when switching to ANC and Transparency, the volume suffers as it becomes lower but still loud enough. High Fidelity is the way to go if you like to bump it up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back