Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 1, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #53,041 of 62,458
I do not use batt saver on the FW5 (you get 5+ hours at best real use as it is) and not sure if issue was there out the box or the updated FW caused it.

Buds not powering on/off (sometimes one side or the other, sometimes both) coming in/out of the case.

Jun 1, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #53,042 of 62,458
The sale price of the ANC3 is tempting but while I have read they are better than the old model, they would have to be a massive improvement as I am a bit underwhelmed by the old model.

They are…. I owned both (lost the 3ANC 😢), and there is no doubt, ***to me***.

Jun 1, 2023 at 10:49 PM Post #53,043 of 62,458
Maybe the 3ANC could get LDAC in the future? It seems to be a given now that tws can be released almost in a beta form, with updates adding quite substantial features (and fixes lol). I did a quick Google but no mention anywhere that I could see.
Maybe, but only if the chipset used supports it, and if they were willing to pay the licensing fee.

Jun 1, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #53,044 of 62,458
I do not use batt saver on the FW5 (you get 5+ hours at best real use as it is) and not sure if issue was there out the box or the updated FW caused it.

Buds not powering on/off (sometimes one side or the other, sometimes both) coming in/out of the case.
Thanks, I am a bit on the fence. Do they really have the same connecting issue when in the case?

My UTSW5 is doing that as I type and it's super frustrating. It has something to do with the 85% battery saver function.

You can turn the battery saver off in the app. Mine has always been off. I don't have any random connection issues when in the case. And when I WANT to connect it's the same as people report with Noble, open the lid, wait 2 seconds for the lights to stop flashing and you're connected, then remove buds.

Jun 1, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #53,045 of 62,458
Any burn in recommendations for the Fokus Pro ( how many hours?)

Jun 1, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #53,046 of 62,458
I know you can turn off batt saver in the App, but I have never enabled it in the first place as the battery is not great at 100% never mind 85%, I could not use these as dailies that and the poor passive seal (they may be vented but some say the grill is just for show).

For me these are for indoor use at night listening to good quality CD Rips or HD files (when I sub) via aptX Adaptive (BT-W5) on my PC.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 11:58 PM Post #53,047 of 62,458
I know you can turn of batt saver in the App, but I have never enabled it in the first place as the battery is not great at 100% never mind 85%, I could not use these as dailies that and the poor passive seal (they may be vented but some say the grill is just for show).

For me these are for indoor use at night listening to good quality CD Rips or HD files (when I sub) via aptX Adaptive (BT-W5) on my PC.
Ah soz battery-saver-app comment was meant for Dweaver.

I get a really good fit and seal with mine. Can use them out and about. Great passive isolation, maybe that's just my ears because I always get good passive isolation.

I don't think any one really knows about the faceplate grill being open or not lol. I'm pretty sure it's just for looks but so many reviewers are saying it's semi-open. I remember Fiio saying they are just for aesthetics.

Jun 2, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #53,048 of 62,458
I only use the UTWS5/FH5 combo when I want to really listen to music, usually at home. They have an excellent 3D quality with tons of detail while still packing a good bass punch.

I suspect the FW5 will be very similar but a bit less fiddly.

Just checked and I had turned off the battery saver. But the damage was already done as I had turned it on at some point and ever since they have that connect issue.

Might see if I can factory reset them.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #53,049 of 62,458
I haven't see much chatter here regarding Beoplay EX, perhaps noting they are pricey (although less than the Svanar). Reviews I've seen are quite favorable for SQ, I like that they offer AptX adaptive and multipoint, reviews less enthused about their ANC, I didn't find much about controls / functionality. Any current or recent users have an impression to share? Thanks!

Jun 2, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #53,050 of 62,458
I haven't see much chatter here regarding Beoplay EX, perhaps noting they are pricey (although less than the Svanar). Reviews I've seen are quite favorable for SQ, I like that they offer AptX adaptive and multipoint, reviews less enthused about their ANC, I didn't find much about controls / functionality. Any current or recent users have an impression to share? Thanks!
I think a lot of us (not all) have moved on from the EX. You know "Gear Addiction Syndrome." They're a great set, I had them, but so many others have come since they were released. If you search, you'll see the chatter was great, but then of we faded when some other big guns came.

Jun 2, 2023 at 2:28 AM Post #53,051 of 62,458
I think a lot of us (not all) have moved on from the EX. You know "Gear Addiction Syndrome." They're a great set, I had them, but so many others have come since they were released. If you search, you'll see the chatter was great, but then of we faded when some other big guns came.
Fair enough, they are "so 2022" :smile_phones: I dd find this thread but not much there to go on. I appreciate your response @erockg. What is your go to TWS currently?

Jun 2, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #53,052 of 62,458
Fair enough, they are "so 2022" :smile_phones: I dd find this thread but not much there to go on. I appreciate your response @erockg. What is your go to TWS currently?
I'm nuts, happy to admit it and change tws often. Right now, I'm enjoying the Status Audio 3ANC and I think someone here posted a $50 off code earlier today. I think it's "FATHERSDAY." for 50 off, they're really great. Others in my drawer now are the B&W PI7 S2, Beats Studio +. Colorware AirPods Pro 2, UE Drops and then a pair of Thieaudio Clairvoyance on some Fostex TW2C adapters. Technics AZ80 are enroute. Don't get me wrong, the EX are wonderful buds. They do lack in ANC and volume, but sound great. Best B&O tws to date. They weren't getting love so I sold and got new stuff. Top of the like TWS right now could be the Final ZE8000, 3ANC, Noble Fokus Pro or Mystique and hopefully we hear good things about the new Hifiman tws, but they are $$$$. I have some that are convenience, then my go-to for sound.

Jun 2, 2023 at 2:46 AM Post #53,053 of 62,458
With some long plane flights in my future, I'm very curious how the AZ80 and 3ANC compare for ANC. I'm guessing Bose and Sony are still the kings in this area, but wondering if either of these comes close?

Jun 2, 2023 at 3:30 AM Post #53,055 of 62,458
I see that the Sony WF-1000XM4 have currently a nice discount on Amazon (probably selling out before XM5 rollout). Does it make sense to try them out if I already own more highend buds like NuraTrue Pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back