Beoplay EX impressions thread
Mar 10, 2023 at 6:09 AM Post #16 of 37
Hey there,
I have just bought the Beoplay EX and I am really impressed sound wise.
Unfortunately I have got two problems with them.
1. I fail to update the firmware. According to B&O's service system it should be up to date now but the app always tells me that there is an update. If I click on the software version, it seems to be the most recent one. Not really a big deal, but maybe you have tips for me.
2. What is a bigger issue for me: When I have them in and play music, my wife hears the music playing. I don't have that with other IEMs and I have tried different tips and tip sizes already. Do you also have that issue? Is there anything I can do against it (e.g. choosing a different mode in the app)? This is the only thing really annoying me.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
Chris

Apr 4, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #18 of 37
Just added a pair of Beoplay EX to my TWS arsenal, which currently consist of wm1000xm4/Beoplay EQ/PI7. Only did some light listening on the EX but my preliminary impression is that EX is louder than the EQ out of the box, which is much needed. Bass is definitely more pronounced. ANC very slightly better than EQ but no where close to the xm4. EX is more comfortable (slightly) than both xm4 and EQ.

Need to listen to all of them for a lot more time to comment in more details. But here for couple of pictures (sans PI7 which I mothballed in my drawer....) to wet your appetite....

case closed-sml.pngcase open-sml.pngbuds-sml.png
Hi, I hope you don't mind me reaching out to you but I viewed your old post on here. I've just today bought the Beoplay ex earbuds. Did you find them loud enough? I'm using them on a Sony NW A306. I can only control the settings via my mobile phone which is frustrating.
Regards Graham

Apr 4, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #19 of 37
Hi All, sorry for the late reply but I've only just today bought a pair of Bang and Olufsen Beoplay ex earbuds to pair with my Sony NWA 306. Just wanted to ask do you have any problems loading the App for controlling the buds via you DAP's? I can't seem to be able to download it to the Dap via Play Store on Google? Also I seem to have to crank up the volume on the Dap at times and no I don't have a hearing problem. Would the music file make a difference? WMA seems cleaner and louder?
Just looking for some feedback from you experienced guys and girls.
I love the fit.
Regards Graham

Apr 8, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #20 of 37
Hi, I hope you don't mind me reaching out to you but I viewed your old post on here. I've just today bought the Beoplay ex earbuds. Did you find them loud enough? I'm using them on a Sony NW A306. I can only control the settings via my mobile phone which is frustrating.
Regards Graham
I don't have any volume issue with mine. Plenty loud for me. Much louder than my EQs.

Apr 9, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #22 of 37
May 28, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #23 of 37
What do your guys think about call quality on EX? Vs Sony?

May 28, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #24 of 37
If you talking about the Bang and Olufsen Beoplay EX then I can highly recommend them as I bought them to go with my 306. I can't compare them to the Sony's but I know that people swear by them, especially the Wf-1000xm4's. I just like the earbud design features and they sound fantastic

May 29, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #25 of 37
What do your guys think about call quality on EX? Vs Sony?

it's good except in wind. I didn't get to test the Sony in wind

May 29, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #26 of 37
Jun 10, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #27 of 37
released new firmware

wind noise control got another upgrade and is noticeably better!

I will say I am extremely impressed with B& O software support. Bowers& Wilkins, Mark Levinson, and many other manufacturers that I've owned have only done one or two updates even when there were residual problems

Jun 29, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #30 of 37
So just got the EX today. What am I missing? My soundscore liberty 4's sound better than these easily. I've tried different EQ presets and they don't seem to make up for the difference I hear in the Liberty 4 over the Ex. The EX sound muffled compared to the Liberty 4. I just heard so many positive things about the EX and waiting maybe too long to get them but nonetheless, they are here now. I guess I was expecting next level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back