Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 20, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #52,666 of 63,207
  • How did you guys with the ZE8000's go about updating the firmware? I still haven't been able to install the FIRST goddamn firmware update since I first started using the earbuds, which is annoying since my EQ keeps reverting every other day or so. I asked this before but I don't think I got a reply (unless I missed it).
  • There are zero instructions on how to use the earbuds when updating, should I not be using them, should i keep them out of my ears, in the case, is it just free to do whatever?
At first at least the firmware update seemed to want to be installed, now it's stuck at "preparing update" in the app but nothing happens after basically half an hour since I pressed the "update" button.
Couldn't find any information on their website, in the instruction manual, or by googling either.

May 20, 2023 at 6:45 AM Post #52,667 of 63,207
I gave up with the Samsung Buds Pro 2s and have put them up FOR SALE even though I love the sound and synergy with my S23 Ultra, but the fit is too shallow for my ears and I have spent money on three other tips but each are not enough to prevent the buds from gradually moving out of my ears. I always feel like they are going to fall out, so find myself pressing them back into my ears often.

On an impulse, I have ordered Noble Mystique mainly based on good reports on sound quality and its V-shaped signature. Use case will be for office at the times I am dragged in, and for weekly runs. Does it sound like I have made a good buy here?

Last edited:
May 20, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #52,668 of 63,207
I ordered the Technics as well .. we will see. The Tozo Golden X1 arrive tomorrow.

Did your Tozo Golden X1's arrive? First impressions? I have a set coming in the post tomorrow and i'm excited :)

May 20, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #52,669 of 63,207
Did your Tozo Golden X1's arrive? First impressions? I have a set coming in the post tomorrow and i'm excited :)
They did arrive. I have a problem with the fit. Experimenting with tips. I can push them in and get an idea of how they should sound. They are okay so far. If you are a "for the money" kind of guy I think you will be good. ANC is good, sq is not on par with my top tier sets but not sucky at all.

May 20, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #52,670 of 63,207
got bose QC ii for noise canceling only. compared sound to my meze rai penta bose very poor audio performer as all tws. for music listen only wired iems is best
Probably not a very reasonable comparison and blanket statements like the one you have made are not really useful or even true. Plenty of tws approach, meet or even beat wired setups as has been discussed extensively over 3500 pages here. The Bose is a solid all around tws but comparing it to a meze iem is kind of like saying a Honda accord can’t beat a 911 in a race. Among other things, the Honda isn’t even trying to. On the other hand, the Porsche can’t fit a family of 4 comfortably. So which is the better car? Depends on what you need from a car. I realize your post was limited to sound quality but tws isnt really singularly focused on sound quality. Maybe try the Nobles for a fairer sound quality fight and let us know what you think.

• How did you guys with the ZE8000's go about updating the firmware? I still haven't been able to install the FIRST goddamn firmware update since I first started using the earbuds, which is annoying since my EQ keeps reverting every other day or so. I asked this before but I don't think I got a reply (unless I missed it).
  • There are zero instructions on how to use the earbuds when updating, should I not be using them, should i keep them out of my ears, in the case, is it just free to do whatever?
At first at least the firmware update seemed to want to be installed, now it's stuck at "preparing update" in the app but nothing happens after basically half an hour since I pressed the "update" button.
Couldn't find any information on their website, in the instruction manual, or by googling either.
Pretty easy for me. Maybe have a firmware bug.

One does not simply ignore Blaze and the Monster Machines. Imagine for a second what kind of Lovecraftian horror goes on in that world. Hair growing out of cars. Gelatinous eyes fused with iron frames. Animals, born with wheels. Only a handful of humans left, forced by the almighty machines with their bending and twisting metal to complete nonsensical tasks. This show represents sins against the very fabric of reality. How dare you defy the flesh-powered vehicles by tuning out their voices?

:wink:
Jeez. I thought Paw Patrol was terrifying.

They did arrive. I have a problem with the fit. Experimenting with tips. I can push them in and get an idea of how they should sound. They are okay so far. If you are a "for the money" kind of guy I think you will be good. ANC is good, sq is not on par with my top tier sets but not sucky at all.
Gotta love that “not sucky at all” is a reasonable standard for TWS. Maybe the guy I responded to above is right.

May 20, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #52,671 of 63,207
Probably not a very reasonable comparison and blanket statements like the one you have made are not really useful or even true. Plenty of tws approach, meet or even beat wired setups as has been discussed extensively over 3500 pages here. The Bose is a solid all around tws but comparing it to a meze iem is kind of like saying a Honda accord can’t beat a 911 in a race. Among other things, the Honda isn’t even trying to. On the other hand, the Porsche can’t fit a family of 4 comfortably. So which is the better car? Depends on what you need from a car. I realize your post was limited to sound quality but tws isnt really singularly focused on sound quality. Maybe try the Nobles for a fairer sound quality fight and let us know what you think.
good job man. i like neutral sound from my airpods pro too. but poor anc. not bad sound was from my sold technics az60 EQ ‘ed. Neutral sound from bose QC ii got only after EQ’ed on bise app -8db bass, + 7db mids and +3db highs. now QC ii im gave sound tone similar to my focal stellia headphones , stellia i like sound out from the box factory tuned, described on web as stellia is neutral with bass boost sound. but i dont hear any much bass on stellia. stellia simply neutral sound . top

May 20, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #52,673 of 63,207
I gave up with the Samsung Buds Pro 2s and have put them up FOR SALE even though I love the sound and synergy with my S23 Ultra, but the fit is too shallow for my ears and I have spent money on three other tips but each are not enough to prevent the buds from gradually moving out of my ears. I always feel like they are going to fall out, so find myself pressing them back into my ears often.

On an impulse, I have ordered Noble Mystique mainly based on good reports on sound quality and its V-shaped signature. Use case will be for office at the times I am dragged in, and for weekly runs. Does it sound like I have made a good buy here?
If you've bought and have extra Bose tips, try them.. They block the ear canal without needing insertion... 👍
Make sure you match left to left and right to right..

May 20, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #52,674 of 63,207
If you've bought and have extra Bose tips, try them.. They block the ear canal without needing insertion... 👍
Make sure you match left to left and right to right..

I got both the ML and L AZLA ones here - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BLB4XZYD?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details - the L kind of does a job but I do have to keep adjusting it when I run which is a bit annoying. I will received the Noble Mystiques tomorrow so will report back once Ive tried them out.

May 20, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #52,676 of 63,207
May 20, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #52,678 of 63,207

Users who are viewing this thread

Back