Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 18, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #52,652 of 62,453
I ordered the Technics as well .. we will see. The Tozo Golden X1 arrive tomorrow.

Last edited:
May 18, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #52,653 of 62,453
Here you go @clerkpalmer.

At first try, much better form and function than the ZE8000. Listening to the new Metallica album and the soundstage isn’t as wide as the Finals but def has more power/punch. Case has Qi. Full controls using a button and a touch sensor controls. Case has heft. Product feels well made much smaller than the case of the ZE8k. For 100 bucks less, these are a better value than the ZE8000 imo. I might send off the Finals now that the 3ANC and Studio Buds + have arrived.
Cool. How’s the ANC in comparison? How are they compared to something like the Nura? Or. Bose?

May 18, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #52,654 of 62,453
Not sure how many takers they will get at $1500 but cool to see someone attempting to do really high end Bluetooth audio.

I'm thinking, enough. The company makes quality, fantastically sounding stuff but pricey. I hope they won't outsource manufacturing to China like theirs IO-6 and 4s and make them in house. Especially for the price. I think they make all high end (most expensive) speakers in Denmark.

Last edited:
May 19, 2023 at 1:34 AM Post #52,656 of 62,453
Couldn’t resist. Ugh. ANC is definitely great. More bass punch over the APP2. Love the color. Wish they had Qi. Love the fit. Transparency is up there with my APP2. This is what happens when you have an Apple gift card burning a hole in your pocket.
On the previous version, music stops playing whenever one of the buds was put inside the case. Is it still the same on the buds plus?

May 19, 2023 at 2:58 AM Post #52,657 of 62,453
I'm thinking, enough. The company makes quality, fantastically sounding stuff but pricey. I hope they won't outsource manufacturing to China like theirs IO-6 and 4s and make them in house. Especially for the price. I think they make all high end (most expensive) speakers in Denmark.
Either China or India lol. Companies need to make as much as possible with the least cost anyway.

May 19, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #52,660 of 62,453
All of this depends on what you are looking for. At the top of my care list is sound quality, followed by other things. If your "big 3" are the ones above, I wouldn't say any of the above are top 3 in sq. That shows you how subjective this all is. Even though I like the XM4 I could name a few better in the sound quality department.
Oh, I agree. On SQ alone plenty better (B&O, B&W, Final, Noble etc etc) - though I haven't heard them.

For me it's about being good enough in the SQ dept (primarily an agreeable FR curve) and then I want nice fit/comfort, great UI/UX and also very good ANC for commuting. If SQ was my primary concern I would go wired with a DAC/amp stick but that is way too much hassle for my needs.

May 19, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #52,661 of 62,453
May 19, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #52,662 of 62,453
Cool. How’s the ANC in comparison? How are they compared to something like the Nura? Or. Bose?
Sadly, I don't have those anymore. But in my new world, I'd say APP2, BSB+, then 3ANC. They cut all the hums and fans, but I can still hear Blaze and the Monster Machines cranking on the tv right now. Can barely hear it with my APP2. You'd want these for sound and okay ANC. Fit is sooooo much better than the NTP and the Bose (for me) imo. App is meh. Works, but seems to always need you to tap a button to connect. Oh, one last thing, really impressed by how well transparency mode works on the 3ANC.

On the previous version, music stops playing whenever one of the buds was put inside the case. Is it still the same on the buds plus?
Yup, they pause when you put on bud in the case, but you just tap the bud in your ear and they start up again with the solo bud.

Last edited:
May 20, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #52,665 of 62,453
Sadly, I don't have those anymore. But in my new world, I'd say APP2, BSB+, then 3ANC. They cut all the hums and fans, but I can still hear Blaze and the Monster Machines cranking on the tv right now. Can barely hear it with my APP2. You'd want these for sound and okay ANC. Fit is sooooo much better than the NTP and the Bose (for me) imo. App is meh. Works, but seems to always need you to tap a button to connect. Oh, one last thing, really impressed by how well transparency mode works on the 3ANC.

One does not simply ignore Blaze and the Monster Machines. Imagine for a second what kind of Lovecraftian horror goes on in that world. Hair growing out of cars. Gelatinous eyes fused with iron frames. Animals, born with wheels. Only a handful of humans left, forced by the almighty machines with their bending and twisting metal to complete nonsensical tasks. This show represents sins against the very fabric of reality. How dare you defy the flesh-powered vehicles by tuning out their voices?

:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back