Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 9, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #52,457 of 63,214
These are insanely good for the price...If only they had a basic ambient mode!

But wow the sound, its so damn clear and balanced...Feels like proper IEMs tbh, and for only 149 EUR. Touch Controls works so much better than on the ZE8000 modell and personally I prefer this shape over the stems of the ZE8000. Makes it easer to lay down and listen too.

I hope Final makes a successor for the ZE3000 next year, with all the bells and whiles of the ZE8000. For the sound and price I can't really complain that these lacks so many TWS features. I also appricate the much better battery life compared to the newer and more expensive sibling.

Attachments

• Final.JPG
    Final.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 9, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #52,458 of 63,214
The ADV. M5-TWS went live on Kickstarter this morning. Interested although some basic information seems missing from the description such as what codecs it supports and whether there is a companion app. If anyone has any further information that would be welcomed.

May 9, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #52,460 of 63,214
May 9, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #52,462 of 63,214
Are any of the Jabra TWS still good? Which one is the best??? I just got sent a 40% off coupon: Flash40

May 10, 2023 at 3:09 AM Post #52,464 of 63,214
Talk to customer service. They are really friendly and quite responsive. Had a charging issue with mine and asked them to hold the ticket for a month while I was in Sweden. Got back to Aus, picked up were we left off and have a replacement on the way now.

Well, unlucky me - they're out of charging cases and Nura Pro in their warehouse... So currently I can only patiently wait and monitor their social/shop and in the meantime try out something else.

Any suggestions? Already had the Sennheiser TWM3, but had to send them back due to issue with one plug - liked them quite a bit, but felt the bass was missing a bit (that's what the Nura fixed with their Immersion option). My wife has the Soundcore A40 - nice in general, but a bit spikey in the upper mids for me.

Last edited:
May 10, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #52,465 of 63,214
Well, unlucky me - they're out of charging cases and Nura Pro in their warehouse... So currently I can only patiently wait and monitor their social/shop and in the meantime try out something else.

Any suggestions? Already had the Sennheiser TWM3, but had to send them back due to issue with one plug - liked them quite a bit, but felt the bass was missing a bit (that's what the Nura fixed with their Immersion option). My wife has the Soundcore A40 - nice in general, but a bit spikey in the upper mids for me.
Im using the Fiio FW5 daily at the moment. No ANC if that's what you need but the sound is just always reliable and clear.

Only other things on my radar are the Oppo Enco X2 and a few upcoming releases.

May 10, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #52,469 of 63,214
Not sure it’ll help, but I’m using the attached settings with an iPhone. Happy camper. Lots of hard rock and heavy metal. Shows and movies too.
I'm using these settings, can't take a screenshot right now.
To explain further, when I say +3, I mean +3 "notches", not +3 as the absolute top seems to be called. To me I would call that "11" because it's 11 notches up from 0.

35hz - +3 or +4
1,6khz - +10
3,2khz - +9
12khz - +10

I think these settings are honestly fantastic, it makes the earbuds really come alive for me. It lifts vocals up, but also makes drums sound more "realistic", and also makes the bass punch hard, but ONLY when a track demands it.

May 10, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #52,470 of 63,214
What are the best LDAC settings for 16/44 files?

The only way to get a lossless CD quality is to set LDAC in android developper's mode to 990/990 Kbps bitrate. LDAC will try to be lossless everytime it is possible to do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back