Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 10, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #52,097 of 62,472
mail

3rd Gen ADV M5 true wireless. Here we go again. :) Will they have some features this time? The second gen just seemed to bring better connection and calls but only had aptX and the ability to make calls. Transparency? Qi charging? Better codecs?

Apr 10, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #52,099 of 62,472
ahh noticed the lack on ANC, missed the transparency mode... There you go, now I am not feeling bad about not getting them :).

I have been using the MTW3 for the past couple of hours and these continue to grow on me. My only complaints are they start to hurt my ear where the fin part sits after a few hours of use (may switch to the no fin silicone ring and see if they are still snug). I was thinking I was having connection issues earlier but it turned out they were actually connecting to my Galaxy watch which was actually sitting my bedroom versus my phone which was beside me LOL. Good news is that watch was quite a way off from me so shows that they have good connectivity :)

Apr 11, 2023 at 3:11 AM Post #52,101 of 62,472
I just want to reiterate how lovely I think the ZE8000's sound.

The form factor and fit really makes a huge difference to the sound that you get, and they can be quite finicky with fit in my experience, but when they're sitting as they should... Damn.

I'm pretty sure they've solidified themselves as being the best-sounding earbuds for me now more definitely, I prefer them sound-wise to the other earbuds I have such as the Nuratrue Pro, Fokus Mystique, Bose QCII's, Soundcore L3P, etc.

With the EQ I'm using within the app they sound so detailed, the soundstage does have depth to it even if it's not super wide, but music just... resonates more with me when I'm using them in comparison to other earbuds.
I just find that they sound... crisp, yet can deliver some bass, and the bass is tight, responsive, fast, and can go quite deep too, but the bass isn't bloated at all.
I'm not wanting to sound like a hypebeast, but these make me extremely excited for the future of earbuds the next 5 or so years, because these are by far not perfect earbuds, because the size, the shape, the fit, the case, the app, the features, the form factor etc are not what I would call impressive. But these sound fantastic enough that I don't care that much about the rest.

Apr 11, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #52,102 of 62,472

The form factor and fit really makes a huge difference to the sound that you get, and they can be quite finicky with fit in my experience, but when they're sitting as they should... Damn.

I'm pretty sure they've solidified themselves as being the best-sounding earbuds for me now more definitely, I prefer them sound-wise to the other earbuds I have such as the Nuratrue Pro, Fokus Mystique, Bose QCII's, Soundcore L3P, etc.

With the EQ I'm using within the app they sound so detailed, the soundstage does have depth to it even if it's not super wide, but music just... resonates more with me when I'm using them in comparison to other earbuds.
I just find that they sound... crisp, yet can deliver some bass, and the bass is tight, responsive, fast, and can go quite deep too, but the bass isn't bloated at all.
I'm not wanting to sound like a hypebeast, but these make me extremely excited for the future of earbuds the next 5 or so years, because these are by far not perfect earbuds, because the size, the shape, the fit, the case, the app, the features, the form factor etc are not what I would call impressive. But these sound fantastic enough that I don't care that much about the rest.
Are you using a Android phone or a iphone ?

Apr 11, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #52,103 of 62,472

What music are you listening too on them?

I found them quite spectacular as you say but really only excelling at intimate music that is played a little slower. Fast trance for example wasn't their strong point. I agree a lot with your sentiments though. Really felt like being in a concert hall with the musician right in front of you and no one else around.

Apr 11, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #52,105 of 62,472
I think the Liberty 4 are worth full retail but only just,and with so many good deals happening on more expensive TWS it makes them hard to justify at full MSRP. Plus they go sale fairly regularly so I would wait and get them on sale.

Apr 11, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #52,107 of 62,472
you using a Android phone or a iphone ?
Android.
Currently a Google Pixel 7 Pro, so I don't even think I'm getting the best sound of these puppies. I don't remember which codec exactly that they're using but I don't think I'm getting AptX Adaptive for an example, just AptX, IIRC.

What music are you listening too on them?

I found them quite spectacular as you say but really only excelling at intimate music that is played a little slower. Fast trance for example wasn't their strong point. I agree a lot with your sentiments though. Really felt like being in a concert hall with the musician right in front of you and no one else around.
Honestly, almost all types of music. Everything from indie-rock, folk and emo to hip-hop and r&b, to ambient and jazz/blues, to death metal and hardcore, a bunch of electronic music (like Future Bass, House, UK/Future Garage, Trance all the way to poppy music like straight up pop, k-pop, j-pop, some prog metal and prog rock, and a bunch of other stuff. My music taste is somewhat "eclectic", I guess you could say.
Old and new music.

I kinda disagree though, like electronic music with these sound EXCELLENT because of that bass being insanely tight and fast but also being really deep and rumbly without bloat, when it's called for.
Listened to some 90's pop trance-bangers yesterday actually and thought they did excellent! Even checked out some Psytrance for the first time in awhile to remember if I still wasn't a big fan of it (kinda not, for the most part), but purely sonically? It sounded great, specifically because of those fast basslines being heavy but still not getting bloated up.
I think it sounds good whatever I throw at it for the most part, and while I agree that intimate, slightly more organic and calm music sounds good, I actually think that more upbeat and expansive music sounds just as good tbh!
Might be a question about EQ or fit though that makes it not perform the same for us though.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #52,108 of 62,472
Apr 11, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #52,110 of 62,472
Pretty sure Google gave every bud that connects access to spatial audio as well. Not just Pixel buds. Pixel buds get the head movement thingy tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back