Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 19, 2023 at 7:39 PM Post #51,736 of 62,456
The Dolby Atmos compatibility with the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro is impressive to say the least. When listening to an Dolby Atmos album on apple music, I can actually bend my head down and hear it as if there are speakers in front and above my head! Samsung really nailed the spatial perception effect, it's a must try if you have these earbuds.

Mar 19, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #51,737 of 62,456
iPhone replacement? How’s the battery?
I'm able to get a day at the office with 60% left, depending on use. I still keep the iPhone at home. Only put mobile data on the OPPO and use the Digits app via T-mobile. Then I keep my cellular Apple watch on. I absolutely love the form factor of the OPPO flip. Beautiful build/design when caseless. The OPPO buds haven left my side too.

Mar 19, 2023 at 9:20 PM Post #51,738 of 62,456
I'm able to get a day at the office with 60% left, depending on use. I still keep the iPhone at home. Only put mobile data on the OPPO and use the Digits app via T-mobile. Then I keep my cellular Apple watch on. I absolutely love the form factor of the OPPO flip. Beautiful build/design when caseless. The OPPO buds haven left my side too.
Interesting. Please pm where you sourced it and whether it runs google services. Thanks.

Mar 19, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #51,739 of 62,456
What's your feel on the Enco X2's bass response? I've read some reviews that say it's a bit loose/elastic/boomy - but would love to hear your thoughts directly.

Mar 20, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #51,740 of 62,456
Correction, it seems the Galaxy S23 Ultra does indeed use Qualcomm WCN7851-101 FastConnect 7800 WiFi 7, 6, & 6E & Bluetooth 5.3 transceiver which just makes the lack of AptX HD/Adaptive/Lossless support all the more disappointing.

Mar 20, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #51,741 of 62,456
I'm going to keep the Beoplay EX despite audio bleed. As I've only had custom In Ears, the EX lack a bit of comfort. Now I'm looking for the perfect tips. How Do I find the most comfortable ones for me? I don't want anything with foam but comfortable ones that have a good seal. If I test all of them, this is more expensive than the Beoplay EX.

Mar 20, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #51,742 of 62,456
The Oppo Enco X2 is outstanding. I loved the sound of the first version but I felt the volume was too low. This has been corrected with the X2. Standout feature
for me is the treble. That planner drive really delivers it's so sweet and the best I have heard from a TWS. For reference, I am a Noble Fokus Pro user.

Mar 20, 2023 at 6:03 AM Post #51,743 of 62,456
Correction, it seems the Galaxy S23 Ultra does indeed use Qualcomm WCN7851-101 FastConnect 7800 WiFi 7, 6, & 6E & Bluetooth 5.3 transceiver which just makes the lack of AptX HD/Adaptive/Lossless support all the more disappointing.

With Samsung S23, like I am with Z Fold4, I feel much more disappointed that most eastern IEM's Qualcomm integrators never try to implement seriously LDAC as, since BT 5.x, it's clearly the most available lossless codec on the market and it's a very stable in real life. Some huge brands like Sony and Technics manage to handle LDAC for TWS...
Aptx Lossless is actually almost unavailable and maybe still a rather more limited codec than LDAC .. all other codecs on the market can't handle an old lossless CD sound quality, which is quite frustrating.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #51,744 of 62,456
So the final ze8000 arrived Friday. Sound is really good for tws. Unfortunately, my XM4 seem to have disappeared. I probably left them at a job site by mistake. No comparison as a result. However, my utws5 arrived Friday also, and holy crap do they pair well with the monarch mkii. Best pairing I've had (3rd time I've owned utws5). So this is my new gym set up. Ze800 going up for sale for $280 shipped if anyone is interested. The monarch isn't a fair comparison obviously as it's an $1100 iem.

Per the above, turning Dolby atmos on and off with my fold 3, I prefer it off. It seems to narrow the stage, and make the treble less refined. Power amp seems to sound a little better than Hiby music app.

I tried to get lhdc to work with my shanling m7 paired with utws5, but couldn't figure it out. Seemed to go to sbc instead, so sticking with aptx until an ldac update comes out for utws5.

Mar 20, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #51,745 of 62,456
Interesting. Please pm where you sourced it and whether it runs google services. Thanks.
What's your feel on the Enco X2's bass response? I've read some reviews that say it's a bit loose/elastic/boomy - but would love to hear your thoughts directly.
I actually like it. More punch than my APP2. But the APP2 works way better in the Apple ecosystem for sure. Been using a lot of Android the last month, so the Oppo buds slot in perfectly. I ran all the tests, Golden Sound, set EQ to "Punchy," set them at the highest code too. For what they are, they really do shine. I think I mentioned on another most, if you can get them for say, 150, then they're well worth it. I think I paid around 164 before tax and shipping from Amazon UK.

Mar 20, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #51,746 of 62,456
Qualcomm's aptX and aptX HD encoders are finally free to use on Android
https://www.androidpolice.com/qualcomm-aptx-hd-open-source/

I hope Samsung doesn't act like morons and at least add aptX HD on their mobile devices since now there is no license to pay for.. although we still miss aptX adaptive, but at least if you have a pair of headphones with aptX adaptive/HD and no LDAC you don't lose anything by having to resort to normal aptX.
Samsung included until now aptX codec because they could include it for "free" when using the Qualcomm chipset. But aptX HD and adaptive were not shipped since they would have to pay the license (because of course they offer you their own scalable codec)

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #51,747 of 62,456
I'm going to keep the Beoplay EX despite audio bleed. As I've only had custom In Ears, the EX lack a bit of comfort. Now I'm looking for the perfect tips. How Do I find the most comfortable ones for me? I don't want anything with foam but comfortable ones that have a good seal. If I test all of them, this is more expensive than the Beoplay EX.
FWIW: Out of the box, I was not very happy with either sound or comfort of the EX. Was about to give in, when I tried the Spinfit CP360. They really are comfortable and provides excellent sound. However, this is on cost of the noise cancelling and maybe the bleeding will get worse (not a problem I have, though). Just went on a 2 h flight using the Comply foams instead of the Spinfits and then the EX worked fine for me wrt. noise cancelling.

Mar 20, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #51,748 of 62,456
Qualcomm's aptX and aptX HD encoders are finally free to use on Android
https://www.androidpolice.com/qualcomm-aptx-hd-open-source/

I hope Samsung doesn't act like morons and at least add aptX HD on their mobile devices since now there is no license to pay for.. although we still miss aptX adaptive, but at least if you have a pair of headphones with aptX adaptive/HD and no LDAC you don't lose anything by having to resort to normal aptX.
Samsung included until now aptX codec because they could include it for "free" when using the Qualcomm chipset. But aptX HD and adaptive were not shipped since they would have to pay the license (because of course they offer you their own scalable codec)
Tbh I would not be surprised if Samsung continues to push their own codecs even with aptx being available. Pretty much a marketing ploy to push their own tws.

Mar 20, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #51,749 of 62,456
Tbh I would not be surprised if Samsung continues to push their own codecs even with aptx being available. Pretty much a marketing ploy to push their own tws.

Indeed. Samsung has a tendency to do that, they really tried to get Tizen OS going, they wanted to become another Apple locking people into a walled garden into a Samsung ecosystem, but luckily they lost that war. We don't need two Apples in this space that is for sure.

Mar 20, 2023 at 8:46 PM Post #51,750 of 62,456
Good question. I think many guys here have collected lots of tip for rolling. Some talk about getting bags of them.
Maybe alliexpress? I've used them for work, finding obsolete electrical boards for old production tools, but we quit. Many showed up non functional... I guess don't spend too much at first, just get your feet wet .. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back