Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 16, 2023 at 2:19 AM Post #51,707 of 62,746
That monthly wild hair led me to purchase the Oppo Enco X2 and a Find N2 Flip (which is still en route). I'm a sucker for trying foldable phones. Anyway, the Enco X2 are so very much APP2 that it's flattery I guess? They do seem fancier. ANC isn't as good, but I'd have to give them the edge on sound. After tweaking and running all the EQ processes in the HeyMelody app, Dynaudio sounds very very good. Punchy sub-bass, great soundstage. Clarity is excellent. Had to tip roll and I'm still searching. Settled on the Final TWS tips for now. The stock tips didn't work for me. Case and buds are both a finger print magnet. All controls mirror the APP2. Wireless charging included and I haven't tried Multi-pairing yet. Purchased them off Amazon UK. I'd say they're worth $150 or less if you can get them at that price.

If you want best SQ from the Oppo Enco X2 when using third party tips, make sure to keep their front vent open. It makes just a subtle difference and you may not notice it with casual listening, but that front depressurizer vent in the nozzle is there for a reason.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...e-we-there-yet.861024/page-3164#post-17121354

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...e-we-there-yet.861024/page-3418#post-17411997

Mar 16, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #51,710 of 62,746
Mar 16, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #51,711 of 62,746
If you want best SQ from the Oppo Enco X2 when using third party tips, make sure to keep their front vent open. It makes just a subtle difference and you may not notice it with casual listening, but that front depressurizer vent in the nozzle is there for a reason.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...e-we-there-yet.861024/page-3164#post-17121354

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...e-we-there-yet.861024/page-3418#post-17411997
Thanks for the heads up. Tried it out, but I can't really tell a difference. Been using the Final TWS tips since day one. Might try the Spinfits I have, but so far so good with the Finals.

Mar 17, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #51,712 of 62,746
Despite my love of the Mystique I just can’t get them to stay put. The bore must just be too wide for me. Every little breath causes them to wiggle. So bummed. Classifieds.

Mar 17, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #51,713 of 62,746
I've been struggling finding a bluetooth transmitter that'll be connected to an HDTV/ blu ray player that can accommodate playing two simultaneous TWS earbuds at the same time. My scenario for this is late night movie watching for me and my wife when everyone else is fast asleep. We're wanting to get comfy lying down so over the head bluetooth sets won't work for us. Don't really care about sound quality as long as the dialog comes through and there's minimal lip synch/ latency issues.

Still I'm surprised that the technology for bluetooth transmitters isn't supposedly there yet that can do this......Or is there?

Anyone have any luck using one?

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #51,715 of 62,746
I've been struggling finding a bluetooth transmitter that'll be connected to an HDTV/ blu ray player that can accommodate playing two simultaneous TWS earbuds at the same time. My scenario for this is late night movie watching for me and my wife when everyone else is fast asleep. We're wanting to get comfy lying down so over the head bluetooth sets won't work for us. Don't really care about sound quality as long as the dialog comes through and there's minimal lip synch/ latency issues.

Still I'm surprised that the technology for bluetooth transmitters isn't supposedly there yet that can do this......Or is there?

Anyone have any luck using one?
I’d love to have something like that too now that you mention it!

Mar 17, 2023 at 11:38 PM Post #51,718 of 62,746
I keep waiting for Apple to come out with something superior to AAC and other wireless audio. I heard once that Airplay is lossless up to an extremely high bit rate
IDK, my son and I were at BB yesterday, and he said his left earpiece (Airpod pro) was cutting out, so he picked up the 2's for $199.. He texted today and said they are excellent... So, I'm not sure what the motivation would be, they already have a huge winner... I would like to some real innovation to their phone, I don't think the new 14's are any better than my 6S to be honest. Sure nicer scree and faster, but the 6 does everything I need...

Mar 18, 2023 at 1:47 AM Post #51,719 of 62,746
So want to see what Sony is cooking up....

Technics too, but Sony...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back