Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 25, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #51,392 of 62,457
Anyone with GB2PRO try aftermarket tips?
Just spent a bunch on the Azla Sednaearfit max and not sure I like. Feel soundstage is a bit narrower and certain high frequencies get more emphasized. Fit is a bit different than stock but a bit more comfortable.

I know comply has some but not sure on sizing and don't like spending that much in tips that last 2 months

Wondering what else can fit. Don't want spinfit as every report says they cause loss of bass and thinner sound...

Feb 25, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #51,393 of 62,457
Just spent a bunch on the Azla Sednaearfit max and not sure I like. Feel soundstage is a bit narrower and certain high frequencies get more emphasized. Fit is a bit different than stock but a bit more comfortable.

I know comply has some but not sure on sizing and don't like spending that much in tips that last 2 months

Wondering what else can fit. Don't want spinfit as every report says they cause loss of bass and thinner sound...
Not "every"... Like thousands on amazon comments, in my case, for a while now, I only use the ultra soft silicon Spinfit CP360 for Buds2 pro :
-> not intrusive at all in the ear canal,
-> perfect sealing with my ears (guarantee deep lows)
-> and very usable for sleeping head on the side too without altering sound quality with any head movements.

As usual when seal is not perfect lows are suffering..

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #51,394 of 62,457

U might want to try this. A guy on here called MaxWellDot recommended and I use them on everything

Acoustune AET08 Eartip Large L

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/acoustune-aet08-eartip-3-pairs?variant=1112766152723

Feb 25, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #51,395 of 62,457
Not "every"... Like thousands on amazon comments, in my case, for a while now, I only use the ultra soft silicon Spinfit CP360 for Buds2 pro :
-> not intrusive at all in the ear canal,
-> perfect sealing with my ears (guarantee deep lows)
-> and very usable for sleeping head on the side too without altering sound quality with any head movements.

As usual when seal is not perfect lows are suffering..
I have read multiple reviews on the spin fit and have tried them in every size from medium to XL and on 3 different names of earbuds. Have had great seal.
They have thin walls and narrower tube and they let in more ambient sound and more treble with reduced bass.
My experience mirrors every review I have read.

Feb 25, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #51,396 of 62,457
Feb 25, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #51,398 of 62,457

I am still using stock tips on these and have been pretty happy with them. I did have to size up to the large tips, probably due to the shallow fit. Still would be interested in what you land on. I do have some Azla tips as well but haven't bothered even trying them with the GB2P. I do have Azla on my Buds2 (non pro version) and have been happy with them.

Feb 25, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #51,399 of 62,457
I am still using stock tips on these and have been pretty happy with them. I did have to size up to the large tips, probably due to the shallow fit. Still would be interested in what you land on. I do have some Azla tips as well but haven't bothered even trying them with the GB2P. I do have Azla on my Buds2 (non pro version) and have been happy with them.
I actually don't mind the stock tips but I have weird ears. Using the large tips and the right ear needs tiny bit bigger and the left tiny bit smaller.

Tried the Azla Sednaearfit max for buds2pro as they have wide array of sizes but the ML feels like the large even though it measures smaller and large is a bit big.
Think the silicone being former makes them feel bigger.

Might try a cheap set of Amazon that includes double doesn't and foam. For under 12$ get 9 pairs (3 of each style).

Feb 25, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #51,400 of 62,457
I suffer from slightly different ear hole sizes as well and am using the stock GB2P tips and live with the large size. I have to fiddle with them a bit but generally get a decent seal.

These are getting used exclusively at the gym as started to wear my Glalxy watch 4 loaded with music and leave my phone locked up since the Fold 4 is quite large. I will then occasionally switch to them from the WF-1000XM4.

I also have the JBL Live Pro 2 but they just don't see much action. Starting to think I will sell them.

Been looking at the Oppo Enco X2, also tempted by the Fiio FW5. But am leary of using Aliexpress for the Oppo and think I will find the Fiio great musically but lacking for general use so not sure if want to take a chance on either.

Is either model another level higher for sound quality from the GB2P or WF-1000XM4? Before anyone who has a dislike for the XM4 replies keep in mind that I am actually enjoying their sound after they are EQ'd. So I am thinking more technical improvement versus signature preference.

Feb 25, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #51,401 of 62,457
So I’m def digging these Nuratrue Pros. But whenever I take them out of the fully charged case, the right bud shows 80% and the left is 100%. Has anyone else had this issue?

Getting a great seal with Acoustune tips btw
I've noticed this a few times, I wasn't sure if for some reason I hadn't seated the right side in correctly or if it's a bug or something?

Feb 25, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #51,402 of 62,457
I've only used Galaxy Buds 2 Pro for 4 days. I find the seal very finicky as well, especially on my left ear. Changed to the largest eartips improved the seal but occasionally the flange flips back when fitting them on. It's an anoying issue I've never noticed this before with previous GBuds (it's worst on the Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro). On many TWS (Linkbuds S, Galaxy Buds series to name a few) I find the large eartips are comparable to "medium" IEM eartips of the day.

So far I think GB2P is a pretty solid option but the sound is very uninspiring if you've already owned previous GBuds. It's pretty much the same Harman-esque tuning, perhaps a bit less fatiguing than the Galaxy Buds+ but brighter than Galaxy Buds2. The ANC is a bit underwhelming after using the Linkbuds S as my daily driver THOUGH.

With my previous phone the Note 9, AAC sounds cleaner without the distortion I noticed on S23 Ultra. However, as with the previous Galaxy Buds2 I tried on my Note 9 the opposite situation occurs with the default Scalable Codec where there is a noticeable distortion - not as bad as the atrocious 37 bitpool SBC Samsung always uses, but cymbals/hi-hats often "double-up" and delay. I suspect the Murata Bluetooth/WiFi chipset of the Note 9 is poorly optimized for scalable codec which may be why Samsung is sticking to Broadcom on both ends lately.

Feb 25, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #51,403 of 62,457
For anyone looking- after many blind buys, found foam tips that work for fokus pro and mystique.
8C0CC139-028F-4DF7-B995-CBE7D2E0BCDF.jpeg

Feb 25, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #51,404 of 62,457
I've only used Galaxy Buds 2 Pro for 4 days. I find the seal very finicky as well, especially on my left ear. Changed to the largest eartips improved the seal but occasionally the flange flips back when fitting them on. It's an anoying issue I've never noticed this before with previous GBuds (it's worst on the Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro). On many TWS (Linkbuds S, Galaxy Buds series to name a few) I find the large eartips are comparable to "medium" IEM eartips of the day.

So far I think GB2P is a pretty solid option but the sound is very uninspiring if you've already owned previous GBuds. It's pretty much the same Harman-esque tuning, perhaps a bit less fatiguing than the Galaxy Buds+ but brighter than Galaxy Buds2. The ANC is a bit underwhelming after using the Linkbuds S as my daily driver THOUGH.

With my previous phone the Note 9, AAC sounds cleaner without the distortion I noticed on S23 Ultra. However, as with the previous Galaxy Buds2 I tried on my Note 9 the opposite situation occurs with the default Scalable Codec where there is a noticeable distortion - not as bad as the atrocious 37 bitpool SBC Samsung always uses, but cymbals/hi-hats often "double-up" and delay. I suspect the Murata Bluetooth/WiFi chipset of the Note 9 is poorly optimized for scalable codec which may be why Samsung is sticking to Broadcom on both ends lately.
Make sure you have Dolby Atmos on and do the sound adapt.
I am listening to apple lossless and these are fantastic. Very close to my Aria.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #51,405 of 62,457
What tws earphones have the absolute best mics for calls in quiet environments, so outbound noise cancelation is not a requirement.

I typically use a usb c or lightning adapter to 3.5mm and plug in a Plantronics blackwire headset for the best quality. Lately though, I've been super impressed with the momentum 4 headphone mic quality -- absolutely class leading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back