Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 23, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #51,361 of 62,457
I'm aware there is some issues with implementation of AAC being inferior on Android and other devices, but my previous experience with both the Galaxy Note 9 and Windows 11 devices have been reasonably "good enough" for me. Something sounds very wrong with the S23 Ultra's AAC implementation.
I'm using Bose QC2 with AAC on my s23 ultra. No issue. I do find the s23 ultra to be tuned a bit brighter though compared to other phones, no matter which codec I'm on.

Feb 23, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #51,362 of 62,457
AAC sounds phenomenal BUT ONLY WITH IPHONE. Android phones should never attempt AAC.
I own a iPhone Xs max .. but I can't make a direct A/B comparison between AAC (250Kbps) and LDAC (990Kbps) as I can do with a Android Z Fold4 with Bluetooth Codec Changer... but, I doubt my iPhone can't do better with LDAC too..

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2023 at 3:51 AM Post #51,363 of 62,457
I'm using Bose QC2 with AAC on my s23 ultra. No issue. I do find the s23 ultra to be tuned a bit brighter though compared to other phones, no matter which codec I'm on.
I've tried clearing Bluetooth cache as well as the cache partition and the issue still persists. I did notice it seemed less obvious on some devices than others. It's barely noticeable on the Soundcore A40 compared to the other devices I mentioned. (I'm not sure if this is due to the bass being lighter here)

Test track: Grace by ADOY

Feb 23, 2023 at 3:55 AM Post #51,364 of 62,457
I own a iPhone Xs max .. but I can't make a direct A/B comparison between AAC (250Kbps) and LDAC (990Kbps) as I can do with a Android Z Fold4 with Bluetooth Codec Changer... but, I doubt my iPhone can't do better with LDAC too..

Yea so much said it is really quite impractical to A/B AAC and LDAC - AAC sounds best on iPhone but it doesn't support LDAC, if we try LDAC on another device then it's not exactly an A/B test. For most if not all Android phones AAC simply sounds horrible and there's not much point to compare.

Feb 23, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #51,365 of 62,457
AAC sounds phenomenal BUT ONLY WITH IPHONE. Android phones should never attempt AAC.
Yes, and the crazy part is, is that AAC is not an Apple property, it's public domain. They've just done an amazing job integrating the tech.. probably has a lot to do with early work on ITunes..
Apples always thinking ahead..

Feb 23, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #51,367 of 62,457
Yes, and the crazy part is, is that AAC is not an Apple property, it's public domain. They've just done an amazing job integrating the tech.. probably has a lot to do with early work on ITunes..
Apples always thinking ahead..
Apple is mostly thinking how to make their walled garden walls taller and taller and box their consumers into it at any cost.

Feb 23, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #51,368 of 62,457
Apple is mostly thinking how to make their walled garden walls taller and taller and box their consumers into it at any cost.
I don't go there, in this internet environment, there's far more at stake than AAC/DAC's/headphones. Phones now are used for banking/money transfers, and good to know safely is a top concern.. 👍
There's always Sony and others DAP's, no one targets these with bank account draining viruses.

Feb 23, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #51,369 of 62,457
The Azla Sendafit came in and are my favorite for the Mystiques. Have tried them with Spinfits, Auvios, Symbios, and now the Azla, as well as the stock tips.

Also I use medium in every tip and I find the Sedna's are perfect in medium as well - someone on head-fi wrote they run much larger so I got concerned, but I don't feel that.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #51,371 of 62,457
The Azla Sendacrystals came in and are my favorite for the Mystiques. Have tried them with Spinfits, Auvios, Symbios, and now the Azla, as well as the stock tips.

Also I use medium in every tip and I find the Sedna's are perfect in medium as well - someone on head-fi wrote they run much larger so I got concerned, but I don't feel that.
Did you get the standard version? Thanks

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #51,373 of 62,457
Feb 23, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #51,375 of 62,457
These are the XELASTEC not the Crystal, is that right?

Yes, that is the exact link to the product I ordered.

They definitely feel unlike any other tip I've tried. It's a stiffer feel than most other tips I've tried. And more grippy as well. I tried them with the IE600 but much prefer the Symbio with those. I'll try these Azla's with the MTW3 and AZ60 to see as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back