Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 14, 2023 at 6:39 PM Post #51,106 of 62,746
Here here. I've been preaching the QCII's for quite a while. They are an exceptional all arounder.
I think they're the only real solution for those that just can't get use to shoving something down their ear hole. AirPod pro's to some degree too.. I can wear my Bose; frees, OC's and new sports for a long period, but I honestly do have to give it a rest after about 2 hrs...
Not pan, just irritating, as it's not natural..

Feb 15, 2023 at 12:05 AM Post #51,107 of 62,746

I have had 2 set of Tozo's so called better buds (not £30-40 models) and binned both as crap and no App back then but another 3rd party App did work for the ANC etc

That said these were said to be good and now out reviews say same, but they are supposed to be about $130-150 and on Amazon UK they are somehow listed at £259.99

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #51,108 of 62,746
Anyone with the FiiO UTWS5 notice a strange smell like either battery acid or maybe burning? Can’t fit a finger in it but it sure as hell doesn’t smell right. The adapters and case have it. They work fine, just concerning.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #51,110 of 62,746
Anyone with the FiiO UTWS5 notice a strange smell like either battery acid or maybe burning? Can’t fit a finger in it but it sure as hell doesn’t smell right. The adapters and case have it. They work fine, just concerning.

Nothing with mine either

Feb 15, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #51,112 of 62,746
Damn i use s23 ultra and LDAC is only one choice high quality codec Bluetooth. Can be seen on the market now almost hi-end tws use aptx codec and LDAC tws not many options. Aviot TE-Z1PNK is being rated as the best LDAC sound quality. I'm waiting for the new Sony XM5 tws and Technics AZ80 then decide which one to buy. Now i'm still happy with 80% worn out batery JVC FW1000t and the old LG v60

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #51,114 of 62,746
I wouldn't scratch MTW3 that quickly. Have you heard them? With a little EQ tweaks they are surprisingly good IMHO. On the edge of being boring but in a good sense.

I’ve only heard the MTW1, not the 2 or the 3. The thing is I can’t try any so I eliminate options based on aggregated opinions from this forum and reviews. It’s just narrowing down choices. Still very much open to alternatives.

Feb 15, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #51,115 of 62,746
Well, the Nura Adapter does not appear to work with an iPhone despite the box saying otherwise. It powers up and connects but then drops and loses power and disconnects. I am using an official apple cck connector. I am not getting a low power warning. I’d email Nura but it will take them 2 weeks to respond. Bummer. Had high hopes for this. I’ll troubleshoot but looks like a dud.

I had responded to this earlier. Some dongles need external power. The only workaround I found for the iFi Go Blu on an iPhone was to use the camera adapter which has power also.

Feb 15, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #51,116 of 62,746
I really enjoy my MTW3 SQ. I do a slight EQ adjustment and they just handle any style of music I throw at them, and I listen to everything from breakbeat electronic, to indie pop and indie rock, classic rock, trip hop, 80's pop, '90's alt-rock, some jazz and some classical. They handle it all very well.

Ok, ok, I haven’t scratched them. I just don’t have anyway to test them.

From the ones below 300 bucks, which would be your choice? AAP2, MTW3, TWX9...

(I could be leaning towards the APP2 due to being happily engulfed in the i ecosystem. But I don’t want to get them if there’s something substantially better, or just better, in SQ)
TIA.

Feb 15, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #51,118 of 62,746
No, nothing like that here.

Feb 15, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #51,119 of 62,746
Focal Mystique are waiting for me at home in my mailbox. Pretty excited to give them a whirl tonight.

Looking for good all rounders with a fun engaging sound for being out and about, which is when the last thing I want is analytical sound, I want engaging with good detail but an overall fun sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back