Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 5, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #50,821 of 62,435
Since I have your attention, any tips for those of us who have fit issues with the wide bores?
I think I've read everything up to date, but no one ever responded to this bit, did they? This is the only thing holding me back at this point.

Feb 5, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #50,822 of 62,435
I think I've read everything up to date, but no one ever responded to this bit, did they? This is the only thing holding me back at this point.
Pretty sure I did and I'm using the Azla tips because they have more grip. They don't slide out on me like the stock Noble tips.

Feb 5, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #50,823 of 62,435
It's the source that delivers the data. TWS can't even match my amazing TOTL Denon, Sony and Panasonic Portable CD players on the 90's. They are just Redbook 16/44, let alone 24/196. Look, these small wireless bandwidth limited devices have come a long way! Also, who's to say having a small battery driven computer (and that's what they are essentially), shoved down your ear hole, hasn't already hit a tech plateau....

I am not really sure about this, as I think that all actual LDAC TWS can handle from the source to the drivers 16bits/44Hz in a full lossless way .. and probably with far better Dynamic Drivers or Hybrid drivers than any earbuds could have in the 90's..
With LDAC portable BT receivers (DAPs or even recent THX Dongles), I would say even many good Headpones can in 2023 manage 16/44 in lossless way with a better SQ than in the 90's.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #50,824 of 62,435
Pretty sure I did and I'm using the Azla tips because they have more grip. They don't slide out on me like the stock Noble tips.
Dammit musta missed that. No pain from those tips? I'll give that a try.

Feb 5, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #50,825 of 62,435
Dammit musta missed that. No pain from those tips? I'll give that a try.
No pain for me. Trial and error. I have so many tips these days but they seem to help on the Mystique and most of my IEMs.

Feb 5, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #50,828 of 62,435
Yes & No
The gamble the tws industry faces that wired products do not have is time.

Time meaning new chip sets are launched rendering current products obsolete = lack of consumer interest = poor sales = revenue loss = poor faith in the Noble brand = low / to no purchases through our distributors

How does one mitigate risk?
ANSW: Accept lower margins & try to get low volume builds. But low volume builds are expensive, again leading to the acceptance of lower margins.

But we feel, the only way a small company like Noble can compete against billion dollar companies is to use more expensive internals and try to keep prices within an acceptable area. It is a risky balance, but fortunately our FoKus line has captured some attention.

I'm just a guy that grew up in a small town, (population 10k) tinkering with car audio. I never imagined in my youth I would own an audio company one day.

But back to your question, can something better be produced at a higher price... ? Time will tell, but your position on willingness to pay more to get more is one I believe many share.

Sorry for the long post
I’d love some wired or wireless closed back Noble headphones. $800 to $1,000 is the going price for audiophile Bluetooth headphones but I’m sure lovers of Noble sound would go higher. Sky is the limit for wired

Feb 5, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #50,829 of 62,435
When are the Technics AZ-60 successors coming out and what will be the upgrades? I remember seeing something about that but can't find it again.

Feb 5, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #50,830 of 62,435
Hi,
What are the best earbuds under £50 and under £100 please?
Thanks
I have the Soundcore A40 and they are pretty good. I think I paid about £70 for them.
I also have the Linkbuds S (which are the best TWS buds I've tried) and I don't think the A40 are far behind them despite the A40 currently being half the price of the Linkbuds S on Amazon.

Feb 5, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #50,831 of 62,435
+1 on the A40 from Soundcore
I have the Soundcore A40 and they are pretty good. I think I paid about £70 for them.
I also have the Linkbuds S (which are the best TWS buds I've tried) and I don't think the A40 are far behind them despite the A40 currently being half the price of the Linkbuds S on Amazon.

Feb 5, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #50,832 of 62,435
I am not really sure about this, as I think that all actual LDAC TWS can handle from the source to the drivers 16bits/44Hz in a full lossless way .. and probably with far better Dynamic Drivers or Hybrid drivers than any earbuds could have in the 90's..
With LDAC portable BT receivers (DAPs or even recent THX Dongles), I would say even many good Headpones can in 2023 manage 16/44 in lossless way with a better SQ than in the 90's.
My point being, that portable CD players read the raw data straight from the CD, converted it to analog and delivered it to the amp, then the wired headphones..
There is, as we all know, many levels of compression/decompression in Bluetooth transmission. When I worked at IBM, a good friend of mine was on the Bluetooth steering committee.. He would tell me about all the decisions that went into its development. Let's just say it is very complex.. I can remember, but he said the increased power needed to transmit higher and higher frequencies, was one of the tough problems to solve.
Probably why LDAC has limited range..
Isn't LDAC limited to around 900kbps and that's in ideal conditions..

Feb 5, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #50,833 of 62,435
Just an FYI per Bluetooth..

Ericsson contributed the short-link radio technology, and IBM contributed patents around the logical layer. Adalio Sanchez of IBM then recruited Stephen Nachtsheim of Intel to join and then Intel also recruited Toshiba and Nokia. In May 1998, the Bluetooth SIG was launched with IBM and Ericsson as the founding signatories and a total of five members: Ericsson, Intel, Nokia, Toshiba and IBM.

Feb 5, 2023 at 10:11 PM Post #50,834 of 62,435
More time with the ZE8000 and I’m beginning to see the light. They are really mellow but they sound smooth and the soundstage is superb. I like them quite a bit but I still don’t think they sound better than the Nura which is a compliment to the Nura more than knock on the Final. They do take some time to adjust to. I’ll give them a solid B+. I do wonder if they will sound better over Aptx adaptive as others have indicated they will. I have a transmitter coming and will report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back