Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 27, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #50,536 of 62,551
Well since my refund came in am going to try AliExpress one more time and reordered the Enco X2 again. Hope I get them this time. I have not heard anything but praise for the sound quality. They got my desire for ANC being good, multi point, LDAC, QI charging
Dual driver system.
And at a price that I won't feel some for getting the next big thing when it comes out.
Wish me luck that they come this time.

Try ordering them here.

https://www.giztop.com/gadgets/wireless-earphones.html

Jan 27, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #50,537 of 62,551
I got mine from $180 on ebay coming from India to the US. Paid the extra since it can take longer from China. I have the ROG Phone 6 Pro. Aptx Lossless is a big deal for me now that I have experienced it. Even though I have a few multidriver TWS like the Fokus Pro, Two Aviot PNKs, Huawei freebuds pro 2, etc, which all sound fantastic in their own way. Aptx Lossless makes such a difference in hearing more detail than before.
Maybe look at the vivo pro that just came out that supports aptx lossless or the nuratrue

Jan 27, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #50,540 of 62,551
So I bought the nura dongle and then a usb-c to lightning adapter and it doesn't turn on. I can plug into my laptop and it works. Any ideas what to do?

I've been having trouble with my phone and the dragonfly black powering some iems. A few things I've come across when powering them.

Turn on OTG

And

There is a setting on android called MTP in USB configuration, turn this on

This might not work for you as I was powering a USB DAC but the OTG connection was my issue

Jan 27, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #50,541 of 62,551
To me, it's the QCY HT05 (aka Melobuds ANC):

https://www.qcyearbuds.com/qcy-ht05/

For about $40, you get a capable LCP graphene driver, decent ANC (active noise cancelling), very stable BT 5.2 connection and good battery life.

But the icing on the cake is the QCY app, which lets you configure the touch controls and provides a 10-band in-device EQ. The latter means you can tune your TWS any way you want and save this tuning as an EQ preset in the device. This EQ will work with any source (phone, tablet, PC) and keep on working, even if you uninstall the app.

Here's the way I tuned my HT05, red is the default EQ, green is DF-neutral (0 -2 2 5 8 2 0 -2 -4 8) and blue is my preferred, slightly v-shaped settting (1 -2 1 5 8 7 4 1 0 8):
(All measurements are DF-compensated. Note that my EQ setting is meant to be used with ANC on for commuting)

UA3Lh5F.jpg

The result sounds excellent for the price and that's a lot you get for $40 imo. In reference to a set of great budget IEMs, I'd say these are the current Tenore of TWS.
Thanks a lot, I used your Neutral EQ settings and the earphone sounds better, however I think the bass is a little bit strong. I am a newbie so I can't really play with the EQ settings. I am curious if you can provide Neutral EQ settings for QCY T17S. I think they are much better than the HT05 but they lack ANC.

Jan 28, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #50,542 of 62,551
Jan 28, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #50,545 of 62,551
anyone tried the new B&W PI7 2nd gen ¿?
First impressions from @erockg

Bower & Wilkins PI7 S2 arrived. At first listen, they're definitely louder than the last gen to my ears. Same feature set. No volume control on the buds which is lame - Unless I missed it. ANC is great (I did like the ANC on the last version). Passthrough sounds fine, but you have to go into the app to turn it on. Lame. They need to fix that. I'd rather cycle ANC and Transparency, not ANC on and off. Blah. No EQ in the app like the PX8. But they do sound damn good. Not sure if they've tweaked sound. I've never seen a firmware update for the PI7, so not holding my breath for any on the S2. I love the color of them. They fit perfect. Case and buds are the same fit and form as the first gen. You're buying these for the fixed antenna, boost in volume... can't really say much else yet. I'll keep them since I did get that 30% off coupon. Campfire Orbit are going back until they fix the bugs. Bummer.

Jan 28, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #50,546 of 62,551
Thanks a lot, I used your Neutral EQ settings and the earphone sounds better, however I think the bass is a little bit strong. I am a newbie so I can't really play with the EQ settings. I am curious if you can provide Neutral EQ settings for QCY T17S. I think they are much better than the HT05 but they lack ANC.

If the bass is too strong for you, try to lower the 62, 125 and 250 EQ bands. Or try my preferred, slightly v-shaped setting, which has less midbass than the DF-neutral one and sounds clearer.

Sorry, I don't have the T17S. Just curious, why do you think they're much better?

Jan 28, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #50,547 of 62,551
Just ordered the Fokus Mystique. First product from Noble Audio, look forward to hearing if they live up to the hype! Sucks that they didn't have anything faster than international shipping that will take 6-12 days, I would had gladly paid more for that option.

Jan 28, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #50,549 of 62,551
Just ordered the Fokus Mystique. First product from Noble Audio, look forward to hearing if they live up to the hype! Sucks that they didn't have anything faster than international shipping that will take 6-12 days, I would had gladly paid more for that option.
Can’t wait to hear what i think (pun intended). The FoKus Pro are my favorite TWS by far. I loved them so much I bought the Kublai Khan

Jan 28, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #50,550 of 62,551
Congrats. They're awesome. Love mine. Use them every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back