Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 26, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #50,491 of 62,584
I did A/B them both and while I’d call them different, I wouldn’t say “significant sound improvement”; they both sound sublime
I think most people are curious what this "different" means:)

Jan 26, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #50,496 of 62,584
I think most people are curious what this "different" means:)
It's not THAT much of a change. Bass is tweaked, for the better. If you already have the Fokus Pro, keep them unless you're nuts like us and wanted the latest and greatest. If it ain't broke... That said, if you can flip the Fokus Pro, make a few bucks and apply it to the Mystique, personally, the transparency mode along, made the jump worth it for me.

Jan 26, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #50,497 of 62,584
I did! Basically all the same things, but it seems scubaphish got it through the FoKus app. My app doesn't have the update rocket either so I'm guessing I just don't have access yet and will be patient.

Thank you! I don't see it yet, so may uninstall and reinstall the app to see whether it shows up and otherwise will be patient. I appreciate the info!
EDIT: Whoop, I was confused - re-read your message and I realized you mean scroll the bar itself and I do see it there. Attempting to update now and thanks again!
Okay, firmware just arrived for me. Now, I don't feel left out. Whew!

Jan 26, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #50,498 of 62,584
It's not THAT much of a change. Bass is tweaked, for the better. If you already have the Fokus Pro, keep them unless you're nuts like us and wanted the latest and greatest. If it ain't broke... That said, if you can flip the Fokus Pro, make a few bucks and apply it to the Mystique, personally, the transparency mode along, made the jump worth it for me.
Ha thanks. The Nuras are inbound anyway. My better third snarfed my Bose NC buds

Jan 26, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #50,499 of 62,584
Ha thanks. The Nuras are inbound anyway. My better third snarfed my Bose NC buds
Knowing you, you'll get the Mystique. Join ussssssss.

pointing-join-us.gif

Jan 26, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #50,500 of 62,584
It's not THAT much of a change. Bass is tweaked, for the better. If you already have the Fokus Pro, keep them unless you're nuts like us and wanted the latest and greatest
The thing is I wonder if I keep FP or take Mystique or Nura Pro, damn TWS hobby:wink:

Jan 26, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #50,501 of 62,584
The thing is I wonder if I keep FP or take Mystique or Nura Pro, damn TWS hobby:wink:
Trust me, I get it. I always sell off some, but at this point, they're all so friggin good. I have both the NTP and the NFM and they're excellent. The B&W PI7 S2 is out for delivery. Campfire Orbit is probably going back because of the touch panel issues. They sound so good. The Fokus Pro are going for about $275 resale value for pre-owned on eBay, without free shipping. Just going to toss that out there :L3000:

Edit: For those curious, as least for me, I still have the same bt interference/drop (very rare) and random one bud not turning on when taken out of the case issues with the Mystique. Not sure if the latest firmware fixes that.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #50,502 of 62,584
To be honest I'm tempted by NTP, cause it is sth different. Ok so what is a difference between those 2 then: NTP and NFM?:)

Jan 26, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #50,503 of 62,584
To be honest I'm tempted by NTP, cause it is sth different. Ok so what is a difference between those 2 then: NTP and NFM?:)
The separation and clarity of the NFM is better than the NTP imo. Obviously because of the driver setup. But, the NTP has all the bells and whistles I need for Zooms, multi-pair etc. They're no slouch on sound and I have zero bugs with them. So hard to call. Both really really great. It's really great that TWS has gotten to this point.

Awesome sound, okay transparency, gorgeous 3d printed shell - NFM. Sound, transparency, multi-pair, Qi charging, okay but not perfect fit - NTP. Probably forgetting something things, but others will prob chime in with views.

Reading my thoughts, really does make me think there's no way the B&W PI7 S2 can compete. We shall see...

Jan 26, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #50,504 of 62,584
Trust me, I get it. I always sell off some, but at this point, they're all so friggin good. I have both the NTP and the NFM and they're excellent. The B&W PI7 S2 is out for delivery. Campfire Orbit is probably going back because of the touch panel issues. They sound so good. The Fokus Pro are going for about $275 resale value for pre-owned on eBay, without free shipping. Just going to toss that out there :L3000:

Edit: For those curious, as least for me, I still have the same bt interference/drop (very rare) and random one bud not turning on when taken out of the case issues with the Mystique. Not sure if the latest firmware fixes that.
Reading about those hiccups you’re experiencing makes me a bit nervous before pulling the trigger.
I’m not currently in North America and any returns or exchanges will be pain in the you know where to do. Probably gonna stick to my current rotation or buy some nice IEMs for my Shure adapters.

Jan 26, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #50,505 of 62,584
Reading about those hiccups you’re experiencing makes me a bit nervous before pulling the trigger.
I’m not currently in North America and any returns or exchanges will be pain in the you know where to do. Probably gonna stick to my current rotation or buy some nice IEMs for my Shure adapters.
Maybe buy direct from Noble. Jim sticks by his product and would help you out if you have any issues, I'd like to think.

I just put those Campfire Andromeda 2020 IEMs on my Shure adapter. Whoa. The TW2 powers them perfectly. They sound incredible. No regrets selling off my SE846.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back