Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 4, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #49,803 of 62,422
No have Canadian app downloaded directly from Huawei not the play store. It is an android 13 thing not making it work. Found a work around to get LDAC using a phone on android 12 though the option is still not in the app settings but is in the blue tooth connection settings and developer settings now .

And wow these sound amazing. Wider soundstage and better imaging than the techniques with deep clean bass and great mids and highs
I'm on a pixel 7 with Android 13. I did not get LDAC until I downloaded the app that allowed me to toggle it on.

Jan 4, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #49,804 of 62,422
So the Freebuds Pro 2 are good ?
The sound stage is really wide. There is great imaging. The bass texture and depth is great but not bloated at all. And unlike the originals the kids and highs still have great detail and shine.
The extra planar driver makes a real difference. The separation and imaging are great.
I am using a free trial of Apple music and using it in lossless and with LDAC now working ( through a work around. App likely still needs a proper update) I can really hear the difference compared to the same song on YTM.

Now I haven't had them long enough to discuss ANC or battery life. They are comfortable have QI charging multipoint and you have full control from either bud which I like.

Jan 4, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #49,805 of 62,422
I'm on a pixel 7 with Android 13. I did not get LDAC until I downloaded the app that allowed me to toggle it on.
I have s22 ultra and I already had ai life app from the 1st gen model. I deleted and reinstalled the app from the Huawei site and it doesn't matter. The option is not in the app. Yet on my old now 10 on Android 10 it is there just fine with the same app. This was how I got it working. I turned it on in my note 10. Then on my s22 ultra in the blue tooth settings of the phone LDAC is now available on the bus and iv can turn it on it off but the option for HD audio is still not in the app.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Huawei/comments/wz7ti8/free_buds_pro2_cant_use_ldac/

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/comm...Solved-No-LDAC-on-Pixel-Phone/topicId_177547/

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230104_110510_AI Life.jpg
    Screenshot_20230104_110510_AI Life.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 0
Jan 4, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #49,807 of 62,422
My go-to is Engadget or Verge but they tend to cover mainstream tech only. Looking forward to Sony anouncements.
Thx for sharing, just hoping there is one website that I won't miss any headphone launches by take a look of that one daily. I have other sites for other types of electronic products such as computer components, looking for something focus on headphones.

Jan 4, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #49,808 of 62,422
wow its amazing how TWS evolve...

I bought the WF-1000XM4 and I am really enjoying their sound. But their ambient just sucks compared to the Linkbuds S and I am 99% sure I will have the same feeling about their phone call quality. The ambient mode of the GB2P, JBL Tune Free 2, are also better than them. Comfort for all 3 of the TWS mentioned are also leaps and bounds ahead.

But the XM4 isolate so well I don't have to use ANC very much, so even using LDAC I am getting easily 6+ hours of use per session, it might be closer to 8 hours in actuality.

It does make me wonder what the XM5 will be like though... LOL

Jan 4, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #49,809 of 62,422
Ordered the Nura Pro on 12/28. In that time, I listed my AT's on ebay, sold them, shipped them and they are delivered to the new owner. I have since emailed Nura with no response. No shipping notification. I'm not impressed. I get the idea that it's a small company but not really acceptable for a $330 premium product. I'd probably cancel but they won't respond to that either.

Jan 4, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #49,810 of 62,422
Ordered the Nura Pro on 12/28. In that time, I listed my AT's on ebay, sold them, shipped them and they are delivered to the new owner. I have since emailed Nura with no response. No shipping notification. I'm not impressed. I get the idea that it's a small company but not really acceptable for a $330 premium product. I'd probably cancel but they won't respond to that either.
Very odd. They were quite responsive to me. Probably shut down for holiday or something. Who knows.

Jan 4, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #49,811 of 62,422
Very odd. They were quite responsive to me. Probably shut down for holiday or something. Who knows.
Guessing you emailed directly to this: orders@nuraphone.com

Jan 4, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #49,812 of 62,422
Guessing you emailed directly to this: orders@nuraphone.com
Yeah. Mostly venting but I’m not buying the holidays excuse. For my job I’m always available for my clients. It’s been a week. If your business is selling stuff in an Uber competitive industry, gotta get stuff out the door. The website didn’t indicated a shipping delay or back order. Ill Iive.

Jan 4, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #49,813 of 62,422
Yeah. Mostly venting but I’m not buying the holidays excuse. For my job I’m always available for my clients. It’s been a week. If your business is selling stuff in an Uber competitive industry, gotta get stuff out the door. The website didn’t indicated a shipping delay or back order. Ill Iive.
It's not an excuse, just a positive kind spin. I work too much too and never miss emails. Clearly, they suck. If only you had done B&H... sigh...

Jan 4, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #49,814 of 62,422
It's not an excuse, just a positive kind spin. I work too much too and never miss emails. Clearly, they suck. If only you had done B&H... sigh...
Agree. My cheap self took over. Always a bad decision. Total difference was about $20 assuming I bought the transmitter.

Jan 4, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #49,815 of 62,422
Literally walking out the door for a 3 day cruise and look what arrives!

IMG20230105115607.jpg

Load me up with questions, plan to do nothing but lie on a deck and listen to music for 3 days.

Thanks to the Addicted to Audio team in Aus for getting these out in time!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back